[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 11, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #407 of 9,288
Glad everyone got their M11 units. I got an empty package.

Have submitted dispute through aliexpress channel about it.
Very upset as it is cos bought through FiiO official store in AliExpress. Never expected this to happen.

Keep the impressions coming. Need them to get through this and hopefully will be solved soon.
Nice "gift" from fiio for first buyers. Hope you will solve it soon. I would be very angry if get such empty nothing for 400 euros. Ofcourse its not fiio but something in the packaging side. How it is possible don't know but two empty packages from the same batch? Well something isn't right there. So it should be solved very quickly and fiio should take care of this extra fast.

Apr 11, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #409 of 9,288
there are only two batch, trail batch, not for sale, mass production, for end customer. of course, no one can promise that there are not any different in the hardware in the future cause it is quite normal to change some small design . in fact, we are plan to cancel one of the TF slot in the future cause it is not original from Exynos7872 so the speed and compatibility are different with the original TF slot from Exynos7872.

anyway, we have not any m11 on our shop on Aliexpress , and maybe we can ship to our agents outside China in May.
Do I understand you correctly? Are you planning to remove second slot on M11, or on future, not yet released models?

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #410 of 9,288
Really wanting the M11 as a new toy but seeing as I only use SE846 IEMs I'm unlikely to get improved sound quality over my Quad DAC V30+ which is superb as a mobile player.

I sold my Sony ZX300 as the V30+ to my ears with SE846 was just as good and perfect for Tidal online/offline (have 128GB internal + 512GB mSD with V30+).

If I still used headphones would be a no brainer.

Apr 11, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #411 of 9,288
Yes, the USB DAC used the Soc to decode the USB AUDIO data , so the latency can't compared with XMOS or other USB receiver chip, but we have a beta firmware testing and should be release in the coming soon.
Thank you for reply. Looking forward to it. My laptop audio is thrash and want to use m9 due to portability without having to buy extra dac.

Apr 11, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #413 of 9,288

Very upset as it is cos bought through FiiO official store in AliExpress. Never expected this to happen.

Keep the impressions coming. Need them to get through this and hopefully will be solved soon.
Same as me mate,hopefully sending me one Pronto

Apr 11, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #415 of 9,288
Hi Guys Ok update, long story short Ali are sending me a new device whether it gets here will be another thing. Bit of a crap fight with Ali as who is responsible.
Just hope it comes before Easter.
When the DHL delivered to me in person ,I knew straight away something wasn't right, so I Refused to sign for the goods, The driver let me open it so I could take some Photos, then he took the satchel with him.
So I'm supposed to be Receiving tracking # today:triportsad::triportsad:

Apr 11, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #416 of 9,288

Hi Guys Ok update, long story short Ali are sending me a new device whether it gets here will be another thing. Bit of a **** fight with Ali as who is responsible.
Just hope it comes before Easter.
When the DHL delivered to me in person ,I knew straight away something wasn't right, so I Refused to sign for the goods, The driver let me open it so I could take some Photos, then he took the satchel with him.
So I'm supposed to be Receiving tracking # today:triportsad::triportsad:

Dear friends,

Thank you for the kind interest on our products and feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience bringing to you. My colleague in charge of Aliexpress has arranged a new shipment to you again and hope you could receive the M11 correctly this time. We will communicate with the shipping company about more information in our own instead. None of us want that to happen. I hope this problem doesn't affect your good mood to enjoy the M11.
:kissing_heart:

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 11, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #417 of 9,288
Really wanting the M11 as a new toy but seeing as I only use SE846 IEMs I'm unlikely to get improved sound quality over my Quad DAC V30+ which is superb as a mobile player.

I sold my Sony ZX300 as the V30+ to my ears with SE846 was just as good and perfect for Tidal online/offline (have 128GB internal + 512GB mSD with V30+).

If I still used headphones would be a no brainer.

I use high quality IEMs and I could tell the difference straight away (also have a V30). Definitely worth you auditioning.
That said....if you're a heavy Tidal user, you might be right about it not being worth the switch. I wouldn't know.

Apr 12, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #419 of 9,288
Regarding the two SD card slots: https://fiio.com/newsinfo/203616.html

So I take for one card brand (Lexar) we are getting a speed reduction? "It will not affect any functionality, but if you're using a single micro SD card it is suggested that you insert it in the second slot for optimal performance. We are considering the possibility of removing the dual micro SD card slot design in future batches of the M11."

I hope if you remove the second slot it comes as a big anouncement or even maybe a model change, ie, M11b. One of the selling points of the M11 is the double sd card storage...

Apr 12, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #420 of 9,288
On a side-note...

I have got 150gb of music mostly 80s and alternative 90s stuff, i lost interest once it went to rap :) the majority of my music is just mp3s the reason for this is i live in the sticks in north Northumberland in the UK and the best speeds i can can is 1meg downloads, so you can imagine how long it would take me to download in Hi-Res, anyone else with the same problem ? a few sd cards of Hi-Res music would be a dream

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back