[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 12, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #438 of 9,288
Have you tested it yet? Probably won't even notice the difference.

I haven't tested it yet as I don't have anything on that card yet. I am not saying I will notice a difference for sure. But it still stinks that if it does end up causing issues that it was because of one brands issues.

I just re-read my last post and I didn't mean for it to come across as bashing or complaining but realized it could. Just meant that is unfortunate if it does become an issue because one brands cards are having issues. Seems like a warning to not use those cards is better than slowing down the performance. But like you said it might not actually cause any noticeable real world problems.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #439 of 9,288
Well, I put Samsung Evo 128Gb in Slot2 and 64gig one in Slot1. I didn't notice any issue to begin with. Worked fine out of the box.

Like the sound of these. Close to the X5iiis. Still prefer the Chord Mojo to this. But will keep this one, handy during commute.

Apr 12, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #440 of 9,288
James, is there any way that future models could have a built-in slot just to carry (not play) a second (or even third) microSD card? At least if the additional cards can be carried in the unit, we won't have to carry an additional item just to keep a couple of tiny cards safe.

Just buy a proper case for that new dap. With place for additional SD cards.

Apr 12, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #441 of 9,288
Just buy a proper case for that new dap. With place for additional SD cards.
I have not seen a case with slots for additional microSD cards (although I only took a quick look as my current DAP has two slots so it wasn't necessary for me yet). Can you recommend a couple of brands that have the "extra card carrying" feature? Thanks in advance.

Apr 12, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #442 of 9,288
I have not seen a case with slots for additional microSD cards (although I only took a quick look as my current DAP has two slots so it wasn't necessary for me yet). Can you recommend a couple of brands that have the "extra card carrying" feature? Thanks in advance.

This might be a completely new innovation no one ever thought of ... lord knows why....

Apr 12, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #443 of 9,288
Apr 12, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #444 of 9,288
Looking for sound impressions from those that have the M11 already, how well does it work with sensitive earphones? How is the noise floor? Can you hear hissing at all, if so, how much?

Also, are the highs metallic at all? Do cymbals sound realistic?
thanks

Apr 12, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #445 of 9,288
Finally got the chance to listen to my Fiio M11 with Shure SE846 and BGVP DM6 and I love the sound it is very detailed and somewhat analytical, it is more closer to X7 Mark II than Fiio X5iii I like the layering of details and treble extension. Bass is there but not thumpy, for certain genre the sound is absolutely gorgeous and very detailed, liquid mids and solid power.

Unfortunately I faced the problem with 4.4mm balanced output so couldn't listen to my Sony Z1R with 3.5mm I think it will be unjustice to Z1R. One of the primary reason I bought M11 was to use both 2.5mm balanced for my IEMs and 4.4mm for big overhead like Z1R and Focal Elex but now my unit is defective and 4.4mm is not properly connected, I loved the sound and dont want to part with M11 but Fiio asking me to send the unit back to China I am not sure who take the cost for return postage and what will happen to VAT and Taxes I paid in Europe? It is an unfortunate situation I tried at my closest hifi shop another cable and followed the instruction of Fiio support to fully insert the plug but the icon on status bar come and goes which mean internally it is incorrectly connected? the 2.5mm works fine and has more power and bass impact then 3.5mm.

I hope Fiio will be able to help if I could return it Fiio Dealer in my country instead of sending to China.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #446 of 9,288
Finally got the chance to listen to my Fiio M11 with Shure SE846 and BGVP DM6 and I love the sound it is very detailed and somewhat analytical, it is more closer to X7 Mark II than Fiio X5iii I like the layering of details and treble extension. Bass is there but not thumpy, for certain genre the sound is absolute gorgeous very detailed, liquid mids and solid power.

Unfortunately I faced the problem with 4.4mm balanced output so couldn't listen to my Sony Z1R with 3.5mm I think it will be unjustice to Z1R. One of the primary reason I bought M11 was to use both 2.5mm balanced for my IEMs and 4.4mm for big overhead like Z1R and Focal Elex but now my unit is defective and 4.4mm is not properly connected, I loved the sound and dont want to part with M11 but Fiio asking me to send the unit back to China I am not sure who take the cost for return postage and what will happen to VAT and Taxed I paid in Europe? It is an unfortunate situation I tried at my closest hifi shop another cable and followed the instruction of Fiio support to fully insert the plug but the icon on status bar come and goes which mean internally it is incorrectly connected? the 2.5mm works fine and has more power and bass impact then 3.5mm.

I hope Fiio will be able to help if I could return it Fiio Dealer in my country instead of sending to China.

Is this a common issue with the M11? I haven't tried my 4.4 yet as I don't have any cables but have one coming next Wednesday

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #447 of 9,288
it is more closer to X7 Mark II than Fiio X5iii
That is NOT what I wanted to hear! :frowning2:
I much prefer the X5III sound signature...

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #448 of 9,288
There is some audible hiss with my Andromeda S vs none with my ZX-300, vocals are also more forward on the Sony (both on 4.4mm balanced),,,

Looking for sound impressions from those that have the M11 already, how well does it work with sensitive earphones? How is the noise floor? Can you hear hissing at all, if so, how much?

Also, are the highs metallic at all? Do cymbals sound realistic?
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back