[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 26, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #1,441 of 9,288
I would´nt take that as a proof... .
Like Abitdeef said, no matter how many people have the same opinion on something it can never be considered as "proof", it's simply an opinion. Never implied it was proof anyway, I only brought BGGAR's opinion up because that's what he said.

May 26, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #1,442 of 9,288
Sound wise, the dx220 has a way bigger soundstage and is more 3d than sr15. It's more like the se100 futura. The benefit of sr15 is it's compact size. But if you're talking about pure sound quality the dx220 smokes it.

However, ak sr15's UI and speed/smoothness are better than dx220. So I'm hoping m11 will sound like dx220 and have that fantastic UI to navigate with.

And someone mentioned viper a few pages back, viper is a suite of advanced dsp effects that is similar to hiby magic 8 ball. I think the effects are system wide and will affect tidal/spotify and such.
Is Viper available as an app on Play Store for other Android based DAPs?

May 26, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #1,444 of 9,288
It was on apkpure but I don't see it anymore. And the last version I saw worked with android nougat. I guessing it would work on m11?

http://vipersaudio.com/blog/
I think he means the Viper that mysteriously appeared with FW 1.0.5. That’s not the same as Viper4Android effects you’re referring to here. Though I wonder if FiiO intend to make available a version of Viper FX like they did for the X5iii.

May 26, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #1,445 of 9,288
I think he means the Viper that mysteriously appeared with FW 1.0.5. That’s not the same as Viper4Android effects you’re referring to here. Though I wonder if FiiO intend to make available a version of Viper FX like they did for the X5iii.

Yes I think one that appeared was hacked or something. I tried it on my dx220 and it said the device needed to be rooted. At least if you want some dsp effects you could load hiby music, it runs rough on dx220 but I imagine it would be smooth on m11.

And that's where I remember it from was x5iii.

Oh yes that probably was something else with that firmware, my bad.

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #1,447 of 9,288
Sound preference is very personal. You gotta find a reviewer who has similar tastes in music and sound signature and run with that.

Agree, it's interesting though because he said they both sound similar to wm1a which I had recently and said they were both neutral but still musical and not cold. I agree with that regarding wm1 and dx220- they are very similar sounding with dx220 stock amp.

May 26, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #1,448 of 9,288
Random, but might be of interest: the X5iii used to have awful battery life if left on but not playing. The M11 seems to waste VERY little charge when left on. I've had it on overnight (so around 8-10 hours) and it's only lost about 2% charge.

May 26, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #1,449 of 9,288
Same here. Most of the time it didn't seem to discharge when I left it around. I think after I ran TIDAL then it would suddenly discharge a lot faster.

May 26, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #1,450 of 9,288
Random, but might be of interest: the X5iii used to have awful battery life if left on but not playing. The M11 seems to waste VERY little charge when left on. I've had it on overnight (so around 8-10 hours) and it's only lost about 2% charge.
I played mine for 3-4 hours a day at work this week (4 day week, listening via SE 3.5mm) and didn't have to charge it. Lost 1-2% charge per night. Finally went to charge at 3% Friday afternoon.

May 27, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #1,451 of 9,288
My M11 should be here with me any minute now :)

So using poweramp gives me the same audio quality as the Fiio Music app? How do I get the paid-for full version on the player without the google store?

May 27, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #1,454 of 9,288
Yes I think one that appeared was hacked or something. I tried it on my dx220 and it said the device needed to be rooted. At least if you want some dsp effects you could load hiby music, it runs rough on dx220 but I imagine it would be smooth on m11.

And that's where I remember it from was x5iii.

Oh yes that probably was something else with that firmware, my bad.
Yes I tried it too and it needed root. Tried HiBy as well and while it works fine, it’s very rough around the edges.

May 27, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #1,455 of 9,288
Same here - as long as some app doesn’t decide to start playing in the background without you knowing it. Tidal has done this a few times, Poweramp too. I know there’s a setting to switch off auto-resume on Poweramp, not so on Tidal. Could have been a one-off though as it doesn’t do it all the time. When the M11 is inactive though, 2% per night is about right. Much better than my smartphone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back