[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 25, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #1,411 of 9,288
Not sure if this has been linked here before but it’s the first time I’ve seen this review: http://www.thephonograph.net/fiio-m11-review/

Not too familiar with this site or its credibility so maybe others can comment.
Yeah this one is interesting. For me this page is more for checking all dimensions and technical info. As for the sound description there you will not find much. By the way someone who has m11 is tidal video only available only in vertical position and no horizontal position available? How about youtube videos? If it's not possible then all good display is not so useful

May 25, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #1,412 of 9,288
By the way someone who has m11 is tidal video only available only in vertical position and no horizontal position available? How about youtube videos? If it's not possible then all good display is not so useful
Video playback is excellent but also very app-dependent. I don't watch Tidal videos but there doesn't seem to be a way to play them fullscreen from the Tidal app. That means the videos don't auto-rotate into fullscreen landscape mode like they do on YouTube and Netflix and Plex, for example. So I'd say the Tidal app doesn't take full advantage of the M11 screen, and since the M11 doesn't have rotation sensors like a phone, you can't force a screen rotation. YouTube plays fine (though oddly doesn't take up the full width of the screen (see screenshot). Probably because the YouTube video ratio is slightly narrower than the full width of the M11 screen. Exiting fullscreen mode in YouTube takes you back to portrait orientation. Netflix and Plex also autorotate on video playback. So yes, video is super smooth and (mostly) takes advantage of the M11 screen size and resolution. There's still a slight issue with YouTube lip sync with some videos, which will hopefully be resolved in future firmware updates. Netflix and Plex have no such issues.

browser-ChromeTabbedActivity-05252019114548.png

May 25, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #1,414 of 9,288
Thanks a lot for explaining. Youtube is the first app i care. So happy to hear that is uses also horizontal position. Such screen as m11 is made for using video or video music play
I agree, the M11 is a top-notch music player but also a very capable and powerful multimedia device. The only thing that would make it 'perfect' is a screen rotation sensor, but I get that most people will be using it as a portrait-view music player most of the time, so it's probably an unnecessary extra expense for most. It's awesome to watch videos with balanced IEMs though - you can even EQ your video sound (with apps like RE EQ) or use all-to-DSD for a different 'flavour'.

May 25, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #1,415 of 9,288
I agree, the M11 is a top-notch music player but also a very capable and powerful multimedia device. The only thing that would make it 'perfect' is a screen rotation sensor, but I get that most people will be using it as a portrait-view music player most of the time, so it's probably an unnecessary extra expense for most. It's awesome to watch videos with balanced IEMs though - you can even EQ your video sound (with apps like RE EQ) or use all-to-DSD for a different 'flavour'.

Care to try something like this? https://m.apkpure.com/rotation-control/org.crape.rotationcontrol

May 25, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #1,416 of 9,288
As luck would have it I was trying out different rotation apps yesterday, and this one is for sure my pick of the bunch. I've just taken a screen recording showing how it works with Tidal videos (you can now see Tidal videos in wide screen using the app). 'Problem' sorted :)

PS. When the screen rotates it doesn't rotate the screen recording, so take my word for it that the videos you see playing are actually playing widescreen.

May 25, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #1,418 of 9,288
As luck would have it I was trying out different rotation apps yesterday, and this one is for sure my pick of the bunch. I've just taken a screen recording showing how it works with Tidal videos (you can now see Tidal videos in wide screen using the app). 'Problem' sorted :)

PS. When the screen rotates it doesn't rotate the screen recording, so take my word for it that the videos you see playing are actually playing widescreen.

Hey this seems really work. I believe in your explanation, so seems this question i am worried about was possible to solve. :beyersmile: odered one as it is impossible not to do this when you see how fast it is selling in alie. :) Perhaps at the moment one of the fastest selling hirez dap. Will see how it will stand in front of my m9. :beerchug:

May 25, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #1,419 of 9,288
Good news is that we plan to delivery M11 to our sales agents from next week, sorry we have to wait till all the features had been finished and almost all the bugs had been fixed before it launch oversea market

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 25, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #1,421 of 9,288
All those fixes will be available via the same firmware updates for those of us who purchased off AliExpress, yes?
I've been getting regular FW updates, up to 1.0.5 currently. Let's see if there are any more surprises before this baby goes global :wink:

May 25, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #1,422 of 9,288
Good news is that we plan to delivery M11 to our sales agents from next week, sorry we have to wait till all the features had been finished and almost all the bugs had been fixed before it launch oversea market
Good news indeed, espacially for those of us that have placed pre-orders with local distributors.
So, to understand correctly, have your distributors received stocks already and have just been holding from shipping out the units to their customers until most of the bugs are ironed out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back