[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 15, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #496 of 9,288
That's great, isn't it?

I have purchased this DAP mainly to stream Tidal during my daily commute. And to say that it didn't disappoint is an understatement. I think this will be my favourite DAP moving forward. :beyersmile:
Yes same here for Tidal, but for home enjoyment .
I must say its very nice feeling in the hand, beautifully finished

Apr 15, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #498 of 9,288
I also got mine last week. It took only 5 days to ship, so thanks FiiO for that!

I'm absolutely fan of the design - It is bigger than X5 III, but does not feel so "bricky".
The UI is the most responsive Android experience on DAP I've seen (and my last one was an already great Hiby R6).

On the sound : nothing to say special about most part of the spectrum : Highs are well defined, no hiss, no too crashy cymbals but still sharp. Mids are well balanced and not flowded by any other part. Where I've been well suprised is the lows; On the X5 iii I've sometimes thought that bass was some kind of flat. On M11 lows are really well managed and give their strength to enforce the emotion of the overall sound, without being to bassy or to present. Soundstage is pretty decent.
As I'm no expert, I will let others give their more technical impression if needed.

Regarding the concern on 4.4 output; I did not have any problem with mine either, the problem must have been on a sole faulty unit

Apr 15, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #499 of 9,288
I also got mine last week. It took only 5 days to ship, so thanks FiiO for that!

I'm absolutely fan of the design - It is bigger than X5 III, but does not feel so "bricky".
The UI is the most responsive Android experience on DAP I've seen (and my last one was an already great Hiby R6).

On the sound : nothing to say special about most part of the spectrum : Highs are well defined, no hiss, no too crashy cymbals but still sharp. Mids are well balanced and not flowded by any other part. Where I've been well suprised is the lows; On the X5 iii I've sometimes thought that bass was some kind of flat. On M11 lows are really well managed and give their strength to enforce the emotion of the overall sound, without being to bassy or to present. Soundstage is pretty decent.
As I'm no expert, I will let others give their more technical impression if needed.

Regarding the concern on 4.4 output; I did not have any problem with mine either, the problem must have been on a sole faulty unit

Hi bro!
U mentioned U have an R6, Can u share the impression of which U think is more superior in terms of sound quality.. Built and Overall Use, Wifi most specially. As U already knew Wifi on Hiby r6 is too weak for a normal wifi gadget.
Thanks in advance Bro! And Enjoy!
Be waiting for Ur answer as I am also eager to get one of this, but only if this will supersedes Hiby R6 in all aspects.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #500 of 9,288
Hi bro!
U mentioned U have an R6, Can u share the impression of which U think is more superior in terms of sound quality.. Built and Overall Use, Wifi most specially. As U already knew Wifi on Hiby r6 is too weak for a normal wifi gadget.
Thanks in advance Bro! And Enjoy!
Be waiting for Ur answer as I am also eager to get one of this, but only if this will supersedes Hiby R6 in all aspects.
Hi!
Built quality is excelent in both case, the M11 still feels more solid (buttons) but also more heavy and big. The volume wheel on M11 is also more satsfying, personal mind though.
Overall use goes again to M11, with no lag in any situation (R6 lags a little while scrolling lists, for example). This being said, the availadity of Google services may be in favor of R6 if you care about them. Wifi on M11 is greate, did have no problem to download APK files to install Spotify, for example. I know the Wifi is not so great on R6, but keep in mind that I didn't notice any real concern on my own use, so if you want me to test specific tasks on M11 for the network strength, let me know!
The bigger screen is also a plus, with gesture navigation in addition, Fiio made a very close experience to a modern smartphone.

The Fiio M11 binds positive points of each Fiio X5 iii and R6 : the sound is really precise (Fiio) but also a bit emotionnal (R6). The R6 is not bad at all, but Fiio have the experience to gather you a very chirugical sound. M11 is still more neutral than R6, this way you may customize the sound as you want with specific EQ, headphones and keeping the best sound quality possible.

Let me know if you need more details on specific topic, but overall I think that M11 is superior.

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #501 of 9,288
Hi!
Built quality is excelent in both case, the M11 still feels more solid (buttons) but also more heavy and big. The volume wheel on M11 is also more satsfying, personal mind though.
Overall use goes again to M11, with no lag in any situation (R6 lags a little while scrolling lists, for example). This being said, the availadity of Google services may be in favor of R6 if you care about them. Wifi on M11 is greate, did have no problem to download APK files to install Spotify, for example. I know the Wifi is not so great on R6, but keep in mind that I didn't notice any real concern on my own use, so if you want me to test specific tasks on M11 for the network strength, let me know!
The bigger screen is also a plus, with gesture navigation in addition, Fiio made a very close experience to a modern smartphone.

The Fiio M11 binds positive points of each Fiio X5 iii and R6 : the sound is really precise (Fiio) but also a bit emotionnal (R6). The R6 is not bad at all, but Fiio have the experience to gather you a very chirugical sound. M11 is still more neutral than R6, this way you may customize the sound as you want with specific EQ, headphones and keeping the best sound quality possible.

Let me know if you need more details on specific topic, but overall I think that M11 is superior.

Wow! This sounds really good to me, Thanks a lot Bro, I think U got me hooked up already and no further advice needed! I will try to find ways of how to audition this here in singapore. I hope I could find haha.. Anyways, Thanks a lot Bro! And really Enjoy it! GODBLESS U Brother!

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #502 of 9,288
Ok, here we go I have only listened for about half hour, tidal streaming only ,via my 3.5mm BGVP DM6.
This is a gorgeous device, I have come from the M9,it's leaps and bounds in all areas for me so snappy, the screen is devine.
The sound to me is lush all round (I'm no expert defining detail in audio lingo) . I have listened to Kayne Disclosure Hans Zimmer The XX, I thought for a minute the Bass might have been lacking but no I was wrong.
It drives the Dm6 with ease
I'm having trouble with my 3 year old sd card Dosent wasn't to play nice which is weird, it's only 64 gig, want to invest in a bigger card soon anyway so no biggy.
Ok, I want to watch GOT so will see you later.
20190415_193218.jpg

Apr 15, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #504 of 9,288

Nice to hear that 4.4 works perfect, so I presume I am one of the unlucky one who got the bad unit, now I have to deal with the hassel of sending it back to China and order another one and lose 70 Eur for taxes and postage and another 45 eur when I get a new unit wondering worth it. Why cannot Fiio let me send the unit to Europe distributor and let me have the new one from European distributor once they have stock. I very disappointed and will never buy from their official AliExpress store.

Apr 15, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #505 of 9,288
Nice to hear that 4.4 works perfect, so I presume I am one of the unlucky one who got the bad unit, now I have to deal with the hassel of sending it back to China and order another one and lose 70 Eur for taxes and postage and another 45 eur when I get a new unit wondering worth it. Why cannot Fiio let me send the unit to Europe distributor and let me have the new one from European distributor once they have stock. I very disappointed and will never buy from their official AliExpress store.
Not all 4.4 connectors works well. I had a few 4.4 connectors that didnt connect well.

Apr 15, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #507 of 9,288
That's why i am not buying not cheap things from alie, as there is no guarantee that you will not have to send it back. And sending and receiving from china is complicated. I will calmly wait till it will be available in every hifi shop and then will listen and only if i will like the sound i will buy it with local dealers guarantee. Beeing first is ok but when you have to deal with problems then it's not very funny and that's why i understand your dissapoitment. It's not cheap thing so fiio really should think about some repair possibility trough their dealers in europe

Apr 15, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #508 of 9,288
Oh good to know that I tried two Sony cables which comes with Z1R none works, can you tell me which connectors worked well or post a photo so it helps me and those having issue with 4.4 balanced cables. Thanks
02091214_589bdea232ed61.jpg

Apr 15, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #510 of 9,288
To each, his own. :expressionless:

I personally agreed with the pre-edit, but I admire your level of chill.
But I can at least attest, not a boring sound at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back