[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 24, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #4,546 of 9,288
I found another bug (or it is a feature? :wink: ), so what do you think about preparing a list of bugs found in current / future firmware version? Believe Fiio's representatives have insight in this trhead and may get this list for consideration.

List of bugs found in current (1.0.6) FW:
1. User can not remove widgets from Home Screens in Launcher3 app (default launcher application). While moving widgets on the screen, button to remove it is visible, but moving widgets to it does not activate it.
2. I found, that when playing tracks in shuffle mode, pressing Next button goes to random next track (but we can go back to previos and go further to the same next track many times), but when swiping album art to the left (swipe left) next song is not randomly selected, but next song from actual playlist / queue is played :)
3. User uses other launcher application and set it as default. When user goes back from Pure Music mode to Android Mode, Launcher3 application is opened instead of defaulted launcher application.

That is all for now.

Excellent idea, Fiio could even send a few of us beta firmware to install and test for them, could be a great way of rolling out firmware in the future and squashing bugs

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #4,547 of 9,288
Jul 24, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #4,548 of 9,288
I wanted to make sure it was reversible and tried 1.0.4 on my 1.0.5 and the firmware rewrite stops part way saying that it cannot go back to earlier versions.

OK thanks for the heads up, sucks that we cant go back if needed.

I was only posting the link for others as I have no need to go back I'm Bawdeep in pure music mode :)

@FiiO would it be posible to go back in firmware from 1.0.6 to 1.0.5 as some are not keen on this new update? I am tho :p

Juj

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #4,549 of 9,288
I've been having major issues with the Fiio app crashing and freezing. Even this morning, trying out pure mode, the app is stuttering during playback almost like the music has to buffer playback. I got a notification two or three times telling me Fiio was unresponsive asking if I wanted to wait or close it. Anyone else having these issues? It really makes pure mode difficult to use.

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #4,550 of 9,288
I've been having major issues with the Fiio app crashing and freezing. Even this morning, trying out pure mode, the app is stuttering during playback almost like the music has to buffer playback. I got a notification two or three times telling me Fiio was unresponsive asking if I wanted to wait or close it. Anyone else having these issues? It really makes pure mode difficult to use.

Sorry bro no such issue here been in music mode 4/5 hours flawlessly.

Juj

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #4,551 of 9,288
FiiO and FW...an old story...

I will wait :p

Dive in the waters.
No problems for me with the new firmware, but I don't use widgets and honestly the music only mode won't help me because I'm using neutron. So just no app DRAWER :) and you can move them between pages now, which I don't care about anyways.

Hopefully some bugs are fixed.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #4,552 of 9,288
Thanks for the reply Fiio, you do make great products.
It is not "most" phones that don't have an app draw, it is virtually every android does have app draw, only iphone do not.
You could also simply add the option to enable or disable app draw, that would make everyone happy. I just got back to Australia after living in China for 12 months, and have many of your products, love them, and looking to buy a new M11 but concerned about firmware issues, so please make sure to keep on track, and even let people test firmware before you release it in future to avoid extra bugs like the current bug were you can not delete/remove a widget.

Keep up the good work friend.

My phone doesn't have an app drawer, I have Samsung galaxy 10e. But I can slide up and access pages of all my apps. Kind of weird.

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #4,553 of 9,288
My phone doesn't have an app drawer, I have Samsung galaxy 10e. But I can slide up and access pages of all my apps. Kind of weird.
Isnt that also an app drawer?

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #4,554 of 9,288
How do you charge your m11? I want to maximixe the battery life and make it last as long as possible. Should I use a lower power adapter instead of the Quick Charge adapter? Should I charge it from around 15% to 100% or something else?

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #4,555 of 9,288
How do you charge your m11? I want to maximixe the battery life and make it last as long as possible. Should I use a lower power adapter instead of the Quick Charge adapter? Should I charge it from around 15% to 100% or something else?

Personally, my opinion - it is best to discharge completely and put on charge. I discharge all my devices completely and the batteries last for a long time. It is best to use a standard power adapter.

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #4,556 of 9,288
I wonder with the new Pure Music Mode if it will help the battery last a little longer? To be honest I haven't even run the battery all the way down yet so I've been fine with it thus far.

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #4,558 of 9,288
I wonder with the new Pure Music Mode if it will help the battery last a little longer? To be honest I haven't even run the battery all the way down yet so I've been fine with it thus far.

I do not think. Pure Music mode does not kill the background processes of the Androyd, so the power consumption will most likely be identical. For example, owning an x5-3 device, there was no difference in battery consumption in the Pure Music mode and Androyd.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #4,559 of 9,288
Just to make shure everyone is meaning the same:

Widgets are items on the main screen with a dynamic, informative function, like weather widget or clock.
Icons are items on the main screen, wich you can just click and the app opens, nothing else.

And who are the many users not
wanting an app drawer anymore?
I do not believe this.

App drawer is that thing where you swipe up on main screen and have all installed apps. You can not change there anything.

The main screen(s) ist for placing icons, widgets, clock, search bar etc. like the user want it to be.
The Items on the main screen(s) should be deletable...

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #4,560 of 9,288
The main screen(s) ist for placing icons, widgets, clock, search bar etc. like the user want it to be.
The Items on the main screen(s) should be deletable...

I agree 100% I found only way to hide the mess was to make a folder or a second page which sucked hairy ones.

Screenshot_20190724-095358[1].png

Maybe someone found a more elegant solution to this.

Juj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back