[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 10, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #316 of 9,288
Looking forward for that dx150 comparison to m11 , thanks for that !

I got my M11 and was able to do some quick listening with Tidal. I find with the HE560s and a 2.5 balanced cable that the M11 gives more depth and width to the soundstage as well as more airyness. Detail seems to be similar. Tonality is also similar. I need to do more discerning listening. I also tried my westone w10s through the 3.5 jack and I think the dx150 actually has a cleaner sound for single ended also better width to the soundstage on the dx150 single ended. I plan to go all balanced though so it won't matter much. The M11 is a joy to use and feels so much nicer and more modern compared to the dx150.

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #317 of 9,288
I got my M11 and was able to do some quick listening with Tidal. I find with the HE560s and a 2.5 balanced cable that the M11 gives more depth and width to the soundstage as well as more airyness. Detail seems to be similar. Tonality is also similar. I need to do more discerning listening. I also tried my westone w10s through the 3.5 jack and I think the dx150 actually has a cleaner sound for single ended also better width to the soundstage on the dx150 single ended. I plan to go all balanced though so it won't matter much. The M11 is a joy to use and feels so much nicer and more modern compared to the dx150.
which amp modul do u use with the 150 ? tonality is the same ?

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #318 of 9,288
which amp modul do u use with the 150 ? tonality is the same ?

It is the stock Amp6. Again on quick listen and comparison I feel the tonality is similar. The M11 might be slightly brighter but still on the warmer side.

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #320 of 9,288
compairson to the Questyle CMA400i would be nice , from balance out please :)
Why would you compare a dap to a powerful Class A desktop amp/dac? It’s only a fair comparison if you’re using IEMs on both as there’s no way the M11 can drive full size headphones with the power and control of the 400i.

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #321 of 9,288
Why would you compare a dap to a powerful Class A desktop amp/dac? It’s only a fair comparison if you’re using IEMs on both as there’s no way the M11 can drive full size headphones with the power and control of the 400i.
because i have the qp2r , its sounds very similar to the 400i , with iems would be fine :)

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #323 of 9,288
How's the wifi on this thing compared to the x5iii? That's the main reason I returned that player.

I've only been using it for about an hour or so now but have been hooked up to the 5ghz side of my wifi and have been streaming tidal with no issues at all so far.

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #324 of 9,288
I've only been using it for about an hour or so now but have been hooked up to the 5ghz side of my wifi and have been streaming tidal with no issues at all so far.

What speeds are you getting over that network? On par with what you should be or significantly lower? I know it doesn't really matter but I'm just curious. The x5iii couldn't hold connection when I was in the room next to my wifi source.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #325 of 9,288
What speeds are you getting over that network? On par with what you should be or significantly lower? I know it doesn't really matter but I'm just curious. The x5iii couldn't hold connection when I was in the room next to my wifi source.

So I get about 130-140mbps on the m11 and on my dx150 over the 5ghz network but my phone gets about 375-400mbps of the 500mbps connection we have.

Apr 10, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #327 of 9,288
The 2 slots were a selling point for me. So future m11 will only have 1? That means more expensive cards to get more space, whereas 2 256 cards are relatively cheap. I have over 10k ripped cds (flac) and really want a future-proof dap for the space. :frowning2:
But, more importantly, is there a file size LIMIT on the m11? (up to 20,000 tracks or such)?

Two slots are a must have requirement for me coming from the Opus #1, so this oils unfortunately mean I’m out. Very sad if true.

Apr 10, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #328 of 9,288
So I've done a bit more listening with the HE560 on the M11 balanced. The M11 is definitely impressing me more than the DX150. I am noticing more details in certain songs that I don't remember hearing on the DX150. The soundstage is much better on the M11 over the DX150 with Amp6. I think it is bordering on holographic. I am loving the M11 so far.

Apr 10, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #329 of 9,288
Hi All,
Just to share my initial impression regarding Fiio M11, I am based in Europe and got the Fiio today, initial impressions are very positive. I will be running it on loop for 24 hours and then will be trying my BJVP DM6 via 2.5mm, Shure SE846 via 3.5mm and Sony Z1R via 4.4mm connectors.

Package came nice and safe from Hong Kong within 3 days from shipment, the box is nice like Fiio X5III, there was no screen protector installed but does come with the rubberised plastic transparent case and couple of cables.

It came 60% charged I put it on 5v charger and with in 40 minutes it was fully charged Impressive. Power button is very nice and clicky unlike Fiio X7II. Screen is gorgeous bright and well lit, speed of the interface is very smooth and fast, volume wheel is nice as well and play paus and next track and previous track buttons are nice. I had Fiio X7ii and X5iii so I can share my experience I also use Chord Mojo and Questyle CMA400i so I can do some comparison.

I am sharing the initial picture and if brave enough will upload a video as well :wink:

Really interested to know how the sound compares to the mojo as that's my current DAC with Galaxy S8.

Apr 10, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #330 of 9,288
there are only two batch, trail batch, not for sale, mass production, for end customer. of course, no one can promise that there are not any different in the hardware in the future cause it is quite normal to change some small design . in fact, we are plan to cancel one of the TF slot in the future cause it is not original from Exynos7872 so the speed and compatibility are different with the original TF slot from Exynos7872.

Yeah, no longer interested. Would have been nice with two slots or one slot plus a huge memory chip- like a 500 gb NAND chip which may not take up much internal space.

Here's an idea for the next player - no BT, no streaming, just a brilliant top of the line music player with two card slots that we can add all of our music, plus 4.4 balanced out. Plus the ability to side load apps if we need them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back