[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 10, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #301 of 9,287
@JamesFiiO
I received my M11 yesterday, thank you. Enjoying this bulky big boy so far. My main complain for now is a noticeable sound delay when working as a USB DAC. Is it something that you will be still working on and can be fixed by firmware update?
Can u maybe give a comparison to something like Ibasso dx120 ?

Apr 10, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #302 of 9,287
@JamesFiiO
I received my M11 yesterday, thank you. Enjoying this bulky big boy so far. My main complain for now is a noticeable sound delay when working as a USB DAC. Is it something that you will be still working on and can be fixed by firmware update?
Of course,we already have a solution in the verification,may release it in May.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 10, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #303 of 9,287
Can u maybe give a comparison to something like Ibasso dx120 ?

Could you post your impresions on terms of sound, and smoothness while using the FiiO Music App, Spotify and Tidal?

Can't tell too much about the sound other than it sounds really good to my ears. That's my first Fiio DAP and to be honest it's my first more expensive DAP as I come from Shanling M1 which is in different league.

As for performence, so far I installed Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz. I will be not using Tidal for next 3 weeks as I'm waiting for my Qobuz subsciption to run out. Qobuz though, Spotify, Fioo App (newer version than they currently have on Google Play) run really smooth. No complaints. It is a midrange mobile phone experience in terms of fluidity.

No problem with offline mode in Qobuz and Spotify.

You can even watch some youtube on M11 if that's your fancy :wink:

Apr 10, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #305 of 9,287
Would be nice if someone give some impressions/ comparisons

I should have mine later today. Might not get much listening time until Friday evening though. But looking forward to comparing it to my DX150 using my westone w10s and Hifiman HE560. Actually will have an HE1000 by then to try out too.

Apr 10, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #306 of 9,287
As I understand from the feature set, there is a CPU-based on-the-fly PCM to DSD conversion. Did anyone try that? Or am I just imagining things. :)

Apr 10, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #307 of 9,287
I should have mine later today. Might not get much listening time until Friday evening though. But looking forward to comparing it to my DX150 using my westone w10s and Hifiman HE560. Actually will have an HE1000 by then to try out too.
Looking forward for that dx150 comparison to m11 , thanks for that !

Apr 10, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #308 of 9,287
Would be nice if someone give some impressions/ comparisons

I've posted a fair few, they've been reproduced a little earlier in this thread.

edit - not comparisons to DX150 though.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #309 of 9,287
As I understand from the feature set, there is a CPU-based on-the-fly PCM to DSD conversion. Did anyone try that? Or am I just imagining things. :)

Not imagining things. I gave it a try. Works really well with some MP3s, doesn't make much of a discernible difference to FLAC. Most of my stuff is FLAC.

Apr 10, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #310 of 9,287
The 2 slots were a selling point for me. So future m11 will only have 1? That means more expensive cards to get more space, whereas 2 256 cards are relatively cheap. I have over 10k ripped cds (flac) and really want a future-proof dap for the space. :frowning2:
But, more importantly, is there a file size LIMIT on the m11? (up to 20,000 tracks or such)?
If this is the case, I'm out. I really hope it isn't

Apr 10, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #311 of 9,287
Not imagining things. I gave it a try. Works really well with some MP3s, doesn't make much of a discernible difference to FLAC. Most of my stuff is FLAC.

Just checked it. Looks like it is converting to DSD64. Then I wonder what made FiiO to go in that direction, as I would expect a recent DAC like should be able to do the conversion pretty well (the DAC internally does the PCM-to-multibit DSD conversion).

@JamesFiiO : Were you guys not happy with the AK4493 implementation? And any figures about how it affects the battery life?

Thanks

Apr 10, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #312 of 9,287
there are only two batch, trail batch, not for sale, mass production, for end customer. of course, no one can promise that there are not any different in the hardware in the future cause it is quite normal to change some small design . in fact, we are plan to cancel one of the TF slot in the future cause it is not original from Exynos7872 so the speed and compatibility are different with the original TF slot from Exynos7872.

anyway, we have not any m11 on our shop on Aliexpress , and maybe we can ship to our agents outside China in May.
James,
Will this change be implemented after the world release or will it be changed before it reaches certain markets? Also, would Fiio still keep this as an M11 or will the one slot version be M11mkII ?
Thanks.

Apr 10, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #313 of 9,287
Hi All,
Just to share my initial impression regarding Fiio M11, I am based in Europe and got the Fiio today, initial impressions are very positive. I will be running it on loop for 24 hours and then will be trying my BJVP DM6 via 2.5mm, Shure SE846 via 3.5mm and Sony Z1R via 4.4mm connectors.

Package came nice and safe from Hong Kong within 3 days from shipment, the box is nice like Fiio X5III, there was no screen protector installed but does come with the rubberised plastic transparent case and couple of cables.

It came 60% charged I put it on 5v charger and with in 40 minutes it was fully charged Impressive. Power button is very nice and clicky unlike Fiio X7II. Screen is gorgeous bright and well lit, speed of the interface is very smooth and fast, volume wheel is nice as well and play paus and next track and previous track buttons are nice. I had Fiio X7ii and X5iii so I can share my experience I also use Chord Mojo and Questyle CMA400i so I can do some comparison.

I am sharing the initial picture and if brave enough will upload a video as well :wink:
Fiio M11.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #315 of 9,287
Hi All,
Just to share my initial impression regarding Fiio M11, I am based in Europe and got the Fiio today, initial impressions are very positive. I will be running it on loop for 24 hours and then will be trying my BJVP DM6 via 2.5mm, Shure SE846 via 3.5mm and Sony Z1R via 4.4mm connectors.

Package came nice and safe from Hong Kong within 3 days from shipment, the box is nice like Fiio X5III, there was no screen protector installed but does come with the rubberised plastic transparent case and couple of cables.

It came 60% charged I put it on 5v charger and with in 40 minutes it was fully charged Impressive. Power button is very nice and clicky unlike Fiio X7II. Screen is gorgeous bright and well lit, speed of the interface is very smooth and fast, volume wheel is nice as well and play paus and next track and previous track buttons are nice. I had Fiio X7ii and X5iii so I can share my experience I also use Chord Mojo and Questyle CMA400i so I can do some comparison.

I am sharing the initial picture and if brave enough will upload a video as well :wink:
compairson to the Questyle CMA400i would be nice , from balance out please :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back