[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 9, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #241 of 9,288
@JamesFiiO I read a couple of pages back that you were not going to release any more DAPs that use the amp modules. I like the what the M11 has to offer, but I was really excited about that THX amp module. If you’re not going to release another DAP that uses the amp modules, do you have a DAP coming up that will be based on the THX technology? I really wanted a DAP with that THX.

we do have such plan to release a M11pro in the future with better dac and THX technology but it will depended on whether people like the sound of AM3D, plz understand that no everyone like to transparent sound of THX

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 9, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #242 of 9,288
@JamesFiiO if all I'll be dealing with is potentially buggy firmware until the North America release, I have no problem beta testing. But if there is a little more than that, I ought to wait a couple months. I'm getting too excited like a kid in a candy store and need to get my hands on it lol. Are you able to tell me all the differences of this device in your AliExpress store vs the one that will be entering retail in North America?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #243 of 9,288
Yes the difference is that the US/Europe versions will likely have newer firmware by the time they ship, but you can just update your Aliexpress M11 to the latest firmware when it’s released. The US version will have Tidal etc installed by default, whereas the Chinese units won’t. Hardware is 1:1 identical and that’s all that matters really. The rest is upgradable firmware.

Quoting James:

Usually we will make 100~200 before the mass production , and this batch is used to do some quality testing and also sent to some users/reviewers to get some feedback so we can improve the design and fix some bugs before mass production.

of course, we will not encourage that everyone to buy the M11, we just provide it to you and you decide whether you should.

It doesnt sound like "firmware only changes" but more lik
@JamesFiiO if all I'll be dealing with is potentially buggy firmware until the North America release, I have no problem beta testing. But if there is a little more than that, I ought to wait a couple months. I'm getting too excited like a kid in a candy store and need to get my hands on it lol. Are you able to tell me all the differences of this device in your AliExpress store vs the one that will be entering retail in North America?

I'd say wait. He's been asked like 5 times and never asked. And he was the one bringing the news that the units MIGHT be different, maybe not in the main components but different somehow, hardwarewise talking.

Apr 9, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #244 of 9,288
we do have such plan to release a M11pro in the future with better dac and THX technology but it will depended on whether people like the sound of AM3D, plz understand that no everyone like to transparent sound of THX
Oh pleeease!! :) I would be the first in line to buy that! Put me down as a “Buy Now”!
In a lot of ways, many are looking for the most transparent sound available, if only because there are so many DAPS out there with their “colored” sound and many of us own more than one DAP.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #245 of 9,288
Oh pleeease!! :) I would be the first in line to buy that! Put me down as a “Buy Now”!
In a lot of ways, many are looking for the most transparent sound available, if only because there are so many DAPS out there with their “colored” sound and many of us own more than one DAP.
No color is colored.

Apr 9, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #249 of 9,288
Hi guys, I am following this thread with interest. I have just sold my DX200 as I had issues with Offline Tidal. Albums downloaded to the device no problem, but there were issues with playback. Some albums would not play at all.
I will use it 90% for Offline Tidal and maybe a few of my favourite albums I own, so storage capacity is not an issue for me.
The M11 could be just what I am looking for, even though I am not looking at all :wink:
I use my Iphone 7 at present with my Andros but yes I miss that DX200 quality. I am looking at options to improve my IPhone of which the Filo MKQ1 is again an option , although i would prefer one thing to carry for my portable listening.

So my big question is will THE M11 do offline Tidal? There appear to be issues with a lot of DAPs in reference to Offline Tidal and I have read it is a problem with Andriod DAPs as they are not full Andriod.
Can anyone shed any light on this. If the M11 does this well then its a no brainer for me.
Any guidance appreciated

Apr 9, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #250 of 9,288
Hi guys, I am following this thread with interest. I have just sold my DX200 as I had issues with Offline Tidal. Albums downloaded to the device no problem, but there were issues with playback. Some albums would not play at all.
I will use it 90% for Offline Tidal and maybe a few of my favourite albums I own, so storage capacity is not an issue for me.
The M11 could be just what I am looking for, even though I am not looking at all :wink:
I use my Iphone 7 at present with my Andros but yes I miss that DX200 quality. I am looking at options to improve my IPhone of which the Filo MKQ1 is again an option , although i would prefer one thing to carry for my portable listening.

So my big question is will THE M11 do offline Tidal? There appear to be issues with a lot of DAPs in reference to Offline Tidal and I have read it is a problem with Andriod DAPs as they are not full Andriod.
Can anyone shed any light on this. If the M11 does this well then its a no brainer for me.
Any guidance appreciated

M11 supports offline playback but we have not so many time to test all the situation.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 9, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #251 of 9,288
@JamesFiiO
Thanks for the prompt reply, very much appreciated. I guess I will have to wait to hear other peoples experiences with Offline Tidal.
I had no issues with the DX200 until I went on holiday to Vietnam. Offline Tidal was so unreliable at the time when I needed it most. :wink: The wifi was also poor with the DX200 compared to my IPhone. So I ended up using my IPhone with my Sony WH1000XM2 as i did not travel with the Iphone HP adapter.
So I am now torn. I had sort of decided to stick with my phone and improve it in some way, but IMO it is way inferior to my DX200.......but the IPhone works flawlessly with Tidal and never gives me Wifi or Bluetooth issues.
I will watch this thread with great interest.

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #252 of 9,288
Quoting James:

Usually we will make 100~200 before the mass production , and this batch is used to do some quality testing and also sent to some users/reviewers to get some feedback so we can improve the design and fix some bugs before mass production.

of course, we will not encourage that everyone to buy the M11, we just provide it to you and you decide whether you should.

I'd say wait. He's been asked like 5 times and never asked. And he was the one bringing the news that the units MIGHT be different, maybe not in the main components but different somehow, hardwarewise talking.

Also quoting James :
"
2, Usually we will make thousands in the first batch , it is not for test cause we will lost lots of money if there are any quality issues which can't accept.

3, The main reason why it is only for sale in China is there are huge different between China and outside China in the firmware, for example, in China no one care about the Googly play and we use different Apps, so it is more easy to us to sell in China first.
"

We also may be, and I think we are, in that case. The product is already fully available in China, so 200 units is very few in my mind

Hello people, I was reading a bit of your comments on FiiO M11. I am consulting you since I am new to high resolution audio. Currently I have a FiiO F9 PRO, I want a good source of sound and I'm almost sure I want a DAP to have a good versatility.
My question is, is it very exaggerated to make a jump to the M11 for 450 dollars or what would you recommend that I buy instead? I want a DAP with a good OS and a lot of battery.
By the ones I know, the M11 will fill your needs, with a really great sound. Of what I think, we are at a price range where the sound quality jump won't be noticeable until 900-1000 dollars, so will be good for a long time with that.
Plus, you may want to take advantage of the balanced 2.5 cable of your F9 pro, big lasting time units (such as Sony's) may not offer this connection. Also, 13 hours of playback is on the top of line when it comes to common powerful DAPs
Also, regarding your OS request, other DAPs as Cowon Plenue D2, have a laggy software. Some people don't care, some people do, but if it is really important for you, FiiO M11 offers one of the best fluidity experience so far.
You may look at Hiby R6, but it is the same price range as FiiO M11 and do not have the same amount of connectivity, minor battery life and a very little laggy scrolling through music collection.
There is also the Hiby R3, offering the 2.5 connector, decent battery life, very cool user experience through OS, but it is not the same range of sound quality.
I let you search through the other dedicated topics to know about the iBasso, A&K and more that I don't know, I hope you will find your dream DAP!

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #253 of 9,288
you can double checked with iBasso whether they can make a single end with 80dB separation at 32ohms, it is not a really good thing to mark the performance without any load.

So you are saying the separation shown for the m11 is at a 32ohm load? I will check with iBasso as well they do show their specifications with load as well. But I noticed both iBasso and the fiio site don't say if separation was tested at load

Apr 9, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #254 of 9,288
I asked the same twice mentioning @JamesFiiO , "Is the hardware 100% exactly the same or there's possibility of small chances?", got no answers. I guess silence means consent, i.e., they are in fact early units and there will be different parts?
@James did answer this I believe earlier in this thread
Quoting James:

If you read what James said, they send the first 100-200 out for testing and review. James has also acknowledged the units for sale on Ali are part of the mass produced China run. According to @James the hardware on these units compared to the upcoming releases elsewhere are the same.

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #255 of 9,288
@James did answer this I believe earlier in this thread

If you read what James said, they send the first 100-200 out for testing and review. James has also acknowledged the units for sale on Ali are part of the mass produced China run. According to @James the hardware on these units compared to the upcoming releases elsewhere are the same.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. If you read again those messages, he's never saying the hardware will be exactly the same, he's hinting it SHOULD be the same, thus leaving the door opened in case there's something found in those 200 testing units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back