FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
May 28, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #2,536 of 2,793
i imported @DaveStarWalker 's canal works tips, tried them, but i did not find them superior to the stock spinfit's that came with the unit. i also bought the w1 spinfit, and they do tighten things up, although to my ears to the detriment of soundstage. i found that the stock spinfits (i think the model is cp145) make a more confortable fit to my ears too, than the w1 do. so the art of tip rolling is a personal journey for shure.
As always, synergies and our own physiology 😉

For me, no contest, the Canal Works tips rules. Endgame. Period (see my signature 😎🤩). All my earphones.

For other people, something else.

Only way to know : testings.

Pure and simple, but... it's a long and hard road to find out what's best for us. 😌🤘

Jun 8, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #2,538 of 2,793
Jun 8, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #2,539 of 2,793
Jun 12, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #2,541 of 2,793
Jun 12, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #2,542 of 2,793
Can you expand more on your results vs the spinfit?
Well I'm not an expert reviewer but as you may have seen from my previous posts I noticed the FH9 was underwhelming at first, tried the different filters, different cables etc. With time i got used to the sound but it still felt like the bass was affecting the other ranges and so i had to eq but it was still not an enjoyable experience. In short I felt betrayed after being an avid Fiio fan from the FH1 to FH5, FA7, FH5s. I was really hoping the fh9 would be my end game. Then I got my moondrop variations which were a breath of fresh air fortunately the cable broke and i reverted back to my fh9s and one ear tip got lost(was using the bass tips) I decided to improvise with the spring tips I bought for the variations and immediately i noticed more detail coming through, the bass was controlled but still deep and now every song i listen to i find enjoyable. I even thing it might be slighlty better than my variations given these handle rock well. Please bear in mind i still EQ the sound in my sony WM1A (walkman software) but I'm really glad

NB: To add i have never used spin fits maybe i will try them but the moondrop spring tips are ones to try.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2023 at 12:53 AM Post #2,543 of 2,793
As always = to find the right eartips is, by far, the most important thing to achieve. 😉

Jun 13, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #2,544 of 2,793
So quick question.... Has anyone had issues with the FH7s being very loose? I have tried 2 pairs, multiple cables and of course adjusting the ring on the mmcx connector but it stills spins around with no resistance. I was just wondering if anyone one else has this issue and if they found a solution. I love these IEM's but the loose connection makes it hard for me to keep them secured in my ears. Thanks

Jun 15, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #2,545 of 2,793
Just got a pair of these for a cheaper travel option - really impressed on initial listen.
Thought they were a tad splashy on certain tracks so have left them running for 24hrs or so and the difference is clear.
The slight sibilance has tamed and smoothed over nicely. Will have a play with tips and Dave's suggestions later but so far, these seem to be an outstanding IEM at their price.
Anyone who doesn't believe in burn in on headphones hasn't heard what I have heard today.
Always regretted selling my FH7's but am really happy with these - early days I know but wow, just wow!

Jun 15, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #2,546 of 2,793
Just got a pair of these for a cheaper travel option - really impressed on initial listen.
Thought they were a tad splashy on certain tracks so have left them running for 24hrs or so and the difference is clear.
The slight sibilance has tamed and smoothed over nicely. Will have a play with tips and Dave's suggestions later but so far, these seem to be an outstanding IEM at their price.
Anyone who doesn't believe in burn in on headphones hasn't heard what I have heard today.
Always regretted selling my FH7's but am really happy with these - early days I know but wow, just wow!

They are probably one of the best FH on the catalogue.

I still prefer the FH7s over the 9, just for the bass.

Jun 15, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #2,547 of 2,793
For me : elite allrounder product.

We are talking here about a really very successful and competent product, and, honestly, which doesn't really have any identifiable weakness.
Sturdy but beautiful and elegant, easily tweakable, scalable... :beerchug:

And really, again, I pretend that by being a really very demanding and unimpressive person. :sweat_smile:

Just listen... The result speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #2,548 of 2,793
Well I'm not an expert reviewer but as you may have seen from my previous posts I noticed the FH9 was underwhelming at first, tried the different filters, different cables etc. With time i got used to the sound but it still felt like the bass was affecting the other ranges and so i had to eq but it was still not an enjoyable experience. In short I felt betrayed after being an avid Fiio fan from the FH1 to FH5, FA7, FH5s. I was really hoping the fh9 would be my end game. Then I got my moondrop variations which were a breath of fresh air fortunately the cable broke and i reverted back to my fh9s and one ear tip got lost(was using the bass tips) I decided to improvise with the spring tips I bought for the variations and immediately i noticed more detail coming through, the bass was controlled but still deep and now every song i listen to i find enjoyable. I even thing it might be slighlty better than my variations given these handle rock well. Please bear in mind i still EQ the sound in my sony WM1A (walkman software) but I'm really glad

NB: To add i have never used spin fits maybe i will try them but the moondrop spring tips are ones to try.

so you were not able to try the spinfits than come with the fh9 on the tip bundle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back