FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Dec 15, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #781 of 2,767
The next thing I noted is that I find the FH3 a little bit fatiguing. I don't know exactly, if there is maybe any peak or something, but after an hour or so my ears feel a little bit stressed. With the H40 (and the orb) it's more relaxed.

Strange because I can't really detect the reason for that. They feel more "shouty" (can't describe it better) after a while, like a loud conversation.

Maybe this is so because I tend to raise the volume with the FH3 to have more life and impact. The H40 delivers this in lower volume.

But I still like them. In some songs I prefer them over the H40 because of the more detailed sound and better separation.

Dec 15, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #782 of 2,767
What source do you use for these iems? As i can't imagine that fh3 laks impact, life or fun. They are one of most impactful and fun iems i have. Also not fatiguing for long as i listen to them. So experience could differ very much i see :) So you coud experiment with tips, cables silver/cooper and ofcorse sources as to all of these factors fh3 has tendency to react, sometimes even very much. This is my view to them ofcourse.

Dec 15, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #783 of 2,767
The next thing I noted is that I find the FH3 a little bit fatiguing. I don't know exactly, if there is maybe any peak or something, but after an hour or so my ears feel a little bit stressed. With the H40 (and the orb) it's more relaxed.

Strange because I can't really detect the reason for that. They feel more "shouty" (can't describe it better) after a while, like a loud conversation.

Maybe this is so because I tend to raise the volume with the FH3 to have more life and impact. The H40 delivers this in lower volume.

But I still like them. In some songs I prefer them over the H40 because of the more detailed sound and better separation.
I guess every ears are a world, because for me, the Fh3 are one of the less fatiguing IEMs I've ever tried. I listen to them at low/medium volume and never noticed anything harsh in any of the frequencies.

Dec 15, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #784 of 2,767
What source do you use for these iems? As i can't imagine that fh3 laks impact, life or fun. They are one of most impactful and fun iems i have. Also not fatiguing for long as i listen to them. So experience could differ very much i see :) So you coud experiment with tips, cables silver/cooper and ofcorse sources as to all of these factors fh3 has tendency to react, sometimes even very much. This is my view to them ofcourse.
At the moment the source is just a Macbook. New cable and Qudelix 5K headphone amp should come this or next week. And I have to burn them in properly.

But the more I listen to the FH3 the more I like it. Details are clearly better and the soundstage seems to open a little bit more (not that narrow anymore).
I guess every ears are a world, because for me, the Fh3 are one of the less fatiguing IEMs I've ever tried. I listen to them at low/medium volume and never noticed anything harsh in any of the frequencies.
There you're absolutely right. It's nothing harsh, they're quite silky and smooth in the highs. Can't explain what it is. Maybe it's because of the narrower soundstage and it happens "more in your head" than around you.

But I like them more and more with every minute. And they're unbelievably comfortable to wear. Only "problem" is that I can't insert them really deep. I'm just on the edge of a good seal but it works better with a size bigger tips I normally use.

Dec 15, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #785 of 2,767
At the moment the source is just a Macbook. New cable and Qudelix 5K headphone amp should come this or next week. And I have to burn them in properly.

But the more I listen to the FH3 the more I like it. Details are clearly better and the soundstage seems to open a little bit more (not that narrow anymore).

There you're absolutely right. It's nothing harsh, they're quite silky and smooth in the highs. Can't explain what it is. Maybe it's because of the narrower soundstage and it happens "more in your head" than around you.

But I like them more and more with every minute. And they're unbelievably comfortable to wear. Only "problem" is that I can't insert them really deep. I'm just on the edge of a good seal but it works better with a size bigger tips I normally use.
Yes they will change after longer period more and more you will listen. I think first impressions with their original cable and tips wasn't the best for me but after experimenting and also burn in time they are really good and better than i thought. So i will think you will have the same experience. More positive than till now. And qudelix will be good source as it is similar to btr5 and btr5 i use often and think it is really good portable source for fh3. So qudelix will be not worse, right choice

Dec 15, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #786 of 2,767
Yes they will change after longer period more and more you will listen. I think first impressions with their original cable and tips wasn't the best for me but after experimenting and also burn in time they are really good and better than i thought. So i will think you will have the same experience. More positive than till now. And qudelix will be good source as it is similar to btr5 and btr5 i use often and think it is really good portable source for fh3. So qudelix will be not worse, right choice
Which tips are you using? I love the Xelastecs and use them 90% of the time. But I'm also testing with Spiral Dots and the original tips.

Dec 15, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #787 of 2,767
Which tips are you using? I love the Xelastecs and use them 90% of the time. But I'm also testing with Spiral Dots and the original tips.
Well the tips you have are good already. From most famous I haven't tried xelastecs, only sedna usual clear short, but also have spiral dots, spinfits, symbio wide also many other tips. My favorite azla sedna and spiral dots. As i like a little less more controlled bass and more treble and also more separation with a little more analytical tendency. And these two gives me that, spiral dots more bass than azla. Azla is very linear less fun but i like it this way. So you should experiment and find what you like.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #788 of 2,767

yes there is a known issue,
ringing at 5.5Khz,
you can EQ it, down a bit, -4dB,

Dec 23, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #789 of 2,767
Hello guys, I am new to the forum. I have ordered the FH3 a week ago and came across the issue of the right iem being either louder or bassier than the left. I have tested my other iems (KZ ZS10 Pro and Blon 03) and they were pretty balanced. I also tested with and without the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro DAC and it still occurs. I have ordered 2 more times and they still had the same issue. I ordered these from Fiio on Amazon. It just can't be a coincidence. I really loving the sound of these iems. Should I order them one more time? Can someone recommend iems that have the same sound signature/tuning but with a bit more bass or something better that's below 200$? Thank you.

Dec 23, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #790 of 2,767
Hello guys, I am new to the forum. I have ordered the FH3 a week ago and came across the issue of the right iem being either louder or bassier than the left. I have tested my other iems (KZ ZS10 Pro and Blon 03) and they were pretty balanced. I also tested with and without the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro DAC and it still occurs. I have ordered 2 more times and they still had the same issue. I ordered these from Fiio on Amazon. It just can't be a coincidence. I really loving the sound of these iems. Should I order them one more time? Can someone recommend iems that have the same sound signature/tuning but with a bit more bass or something better that's below 200$? Thank you.
I haven’t really noticed this issue with the FH3. I can say that some of my IEMs (the Drop FDX1 comes to mind) will seem to have a balance issue, but it always turns out to be the way the IEM sits in one ear or the other.

If you are having this problem with several different pairs of FH3 IEMs you either have extraordinarily bad luck, or your ear anatomy is such that it does not play well with this model. Life is too short to keep chasing satisfaction from something as trivial as a particular IEM. You’ve given the FH3 enough chances and should move along to another!

Dec 23, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #791 of 2,767
I haven’t really noticed this issue with the FH3. I can say that some of my IEMs (the Drop FDX1 comes to mind) will seem to have a balance issue, but it always turns out to be the way the IEM sits in one ear or the other.

If you are having this problem with several different pairs of FH3 IEMs you either have extraordinarily bad luck, or your ear anatomy is such that it does not play well with this model. Life is too short to keep chasing satisfaction from something as trivial as a particular IEM. You’ve given the FH3 enough chances and should move along to another!

You made very good points on your last two sentences. Can you recommend iems that are a very similar to these but with better bass or iems that are better within the same price range?

Dec 23, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #792 of 2,767
You made very good points on your last two sentences. Can you recommend iems that are a very similar to these but with better bass or iems that are better within the same price range?
Hmmm. Better bass... I like a lot of the IMR IEMs, those tend to be warm, bass heavy. In this price range the EDP comes to mind. However IMR IEMs are produced in small batches and may not be available. Actually a lot less expensive than the FH3 and sounding great would be the BLON BL03... the FH3 are “clearer“ sounding than the warmer BL03, but the BL03 are really a lot of fun. Have tried any of the Moondrop IEMs? I really like the KPE, and while I think they are discontinued there is the KXXS or on Drop the KXXX. I will give it more thought and suggest others! I wish you lots of luck finding the right IEMs, and I wish the FH3s worked better for you as they are pretty good :)

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #793 of 2,767
I have tried a lot of stuff, but I dont think there is anything in this price range that has a similar bass to the FH3. (excluding the gamble of an iem called the Urbanfun ISS014.)

Dec 23, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #794 of 2,767
I have tried a lot of stuff, but I dont think there is anything in this price range that has a similar bass to the FH3. (excluding the gamble of an iem called the Urbanfun ISS014.)

Have you tried TRI Starsea? I love your reviews & ranking table, so of course I would like to hear your opinion on it :)

It has similar driver configuration with the FiiO FH3, in similar price range too. Different build though, resin vs metal, nonvented (only back vent) vs vented.

Dec 23, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #795 of 2,767
Can you recommend iems that are a very similar to these but with better bass or iems that are better within the same price range?
EA1 or FD1 with decent silver cable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back