FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jan 25, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #2,746 of 2,767
Does anyone have any experience comparing the FH9 to the IE600? I have the IE600 which I’m absolutely enamoured with but my interest is piqued on the Fiio.
They are completely different on a lot of levels.

If you like the IE600 and want to have that sound in better, your only option is the IE900. The FH9 is tuned differently but as a general advice: you should consider what exactly do you want.

I know it is hard to resist all those shiny IEM with all their features and tons of drivers and nice materials and the FH9 is an excellent In-Ear, but nobody could tell you if its the right for you withoug knowing in what sound you are looking for.

As the IE600 is tuned so different, the FH9 could be the best and the worst for you. Its basically Schrödingers IEM until you tried it^^

What i can say you for sure is that the FH9 has slightly stronger pushed upper-mids/lower-treble. It is done tastefully but strong enough that, depending on what you are listening too, can cause songs to sound off or even painful. But it could also give the songs you listen too just the needed push to make them shine even more.

The FH9 is intended to sound very Fun, that can be exactly to your liking or too much so the most important thing is, what exactly are you looking for

Feb 2, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #2,748 of 2,767
Hello, I just wanted to leave this review here. I haven't properly published to Head-Fi yet but will soon. If you are in the market for an under $100 hybrid iem from the longstanding company Fiio then check out my full written review of the Fiio JH5 at mobileaudiophile.com at the link. Thanks!

Fiio JH5 Review

Fiio JH5 Review Pic (103).jpgFiio JH5 Review Pic (102).jpgFiio JH5 Review Pic (50).jpgFiio JH5 Review Pic (87).jpgFiio JH5 Review Pic (60).jpgFiio JH5 Review Pic (35).jpg

Feb 16, 2024 at 5:57 AM Post #2,749 of 2,767
Coming back to the Fh9s, I'm wondering more and more seriously about getting a black and gold version.
Just to have a spare on hand just in case. And to vary the aesthetic pleasures. :beerchug:

And ideally a second Eros S, but in Anniversary edition. Same.

What I hear is frankly top notch. Not just “by itself” but truly “in comparison to.” Full system considered (see my signature).

Period.

Feb 16, 2024 at 8:08 PM Post #2,750 of 2,767
I'm wondering more and more seriously about getting a black and gold version.
Do it.

1708131958918.png

I find the titanium more classy whereas the dark one is easier to clean, although it is a fingerprint magnet.

Feb 17, 2024 at 1:08 AM Post #2,751 of 2,767
Do it.

1708131958918.png

I find the titanium more classy whereas the dark one is easier to clean, although it is a fingerprint magnet.
Same...

And same 😅😋

Feb 17, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #2,752 of 2,767
Feb 17, 2024 at 2:53 AM Post #2,753 of 2,767
Opposite and opposite...black looks classier IMO :relaxed:
Hum, I would say... "Luxury feeling" for the black and gold version 😉

Mar 8, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #2,755 of 2,767
Coming back to the Fh9s, I'm wondering more and more seriously about getting a black and gold version.
I recently bought FD11 just because they looked cool, and wow, for $36, I was surprised about the sound.
Something good is going on with the sound of Fiio...

I was looking for a better version of Fiio and came up with FDX(FD7).

Now I am reading good stuff about FH9.

Hmm, why would you choose FH9 before FD7(FDX)?

Cheers!

Mar 11, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #2,757 of 2,767
I recently bought FD11 just because they looked cool, and wow, for $36, I was surprised about the sound.
Something good is going on with the sound of Fiio...

I was looking for a better version of Fiio and came up with FDX(FD7).

Now I am reading good stuff about FH9.

Hmm, why would you choose FH9 before FD7(FDX)?

Cheers!
Hi,

Sorry, To haven't seen your message.

Well, it was a pure random story with the Fh9's.

My friend @lafeuill made me listen to them, which he had just bought second hand.

I have been blown away by the results 😅

Completely taken by surprise.

I would like to point out that I am used to so-called “high or even very high-end” products and that I am really audio demanding as a boy... 😁

Given the very high potential of the product, I then delved into the question : acoustic filtering, cabling, tips, dap... remarkable. 😎 almost 2 years ago from now on 👍

This weekend, I was finally able to listen to the Monarch mk2. They are very good. No question. But I wasn't impressed.

As a result, I keep my Fh9's DSW Tuned and their Effect Audio Eros S (pure bliss)... 😉

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #2,758 of 2,767
Sorry, To haven't seen your message.
No problem, thanks for the answer.

I was really surprised with the cheap Fiio FD11, so I wanted to buy another from them...
Now, I still have a dilemma...I thought you might have listened to FD7 as well.

I will probably go that route...that FDX model is such golden kitsch that I might not be able to resist it after all :)

Gold and Diamonds :)

Cheers!

P.S.
Dave Starwalker.png

Is that you? :)

Mar 11, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #2,759 of 2,767
There's something I like a lot:

Their dynamic drivers are massive (13.6mm and DLC) but they are not used as bass canon.

But... The pressure and piston works are very powerful. This is felt very well compared to smaller drivers, including those other products voiced differently (to spit out bass, so to speak).

These Fh9s are easy to drive, but like the big studio JBLs monitors, they are made to play loudly. Badass. 😜

Not the most refined things out there (but not the rudest ones either...). But that’s not where their interest lies. Born to be wild 😎

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #2,760 of 2,767
No problem, thanks for the answer.

I was really surprised with the cheap Fiio FD11, so I wanted to buy another from them...
Now, I still have a dilemma...I thought you might have listened to FD7 as well.

I will probably go that route...that FDX model is such golden kitsch that I might not be able to resist it after all :)

Gold and Diamonds :)

Cheers!

P.S.
Is that you? :)
No this is not me.

Here I am :

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...ressions-thread.938384/page-173#post-17642023

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...ressions-thread.938384/page-173#post-17642039

The cable has been updated 😎

😁😉

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back