FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jul 12, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #2,581 of 2,780
I can't speak to where to listen to them, because I only listen to mine in the house so far. Are you worried about ambient noise bleeding in while listening?

Sound curve is in my opinion V shaped but in a very good way. Bass is there, powerful and full, but not overpowering. Treble is just wonderfully rendered.
sound bright or warm ?

Jul 12, 2023 at 2:05 AM Post #2,582 of 2,780
Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #2,583 of 2,780
sony ier-z1r is very bassy?
No, not really. Due to the way its built, it has an bass that you can feel very strong, the physical sensation is large, but the bass in itself is not insanely strong or something like that. There are lot of In-Ear that have much stronger bass, but this feeling sensation is percieved by a lot as a strong bass.

The sound signature is quite different from the FH9, so its hard to compare these two. And unrelated to the soung signature, the sound is also different. So i would consider these two different In-Ear alltogether. They use different designs, different drivers and different tunings.

And yes, the FH9 do not isolate well. If you want an In-Ear that isolates well, you have to get an closed one like the FA9 or one from any other brand (as the FA9 is no longer build as it seems, but you can still get it easily and cheap in europe).

Jul 12, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #2,584 of 2,780
I am currently use the Fh9 in the Parisian underground 😉

The passive isolation isn't the greatest in the world...

PXL_20230712_061341233.jpg

Hi everyone 🥰😅

... But no problem at all to use it in the noisy line 13 😀

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #2,586 of 2,780
No, not really. Due to the way its built, it has an bass that you can feel very strong, the physical sensation is large, but the bass in itself is not insanely strong or something like that. There are lot of In-Ear that have much stronger bass, but this feeling sensation is percieved by a lot as a strong bass.

The sound signature is quite different from the FH9, so its hard to compare these two. And unrelated to the soung signature, the sound is also different. So i would consider these two different In-Ear alltogether. They use different designs, different drivers and different tunings.

And yes, the FH9 do not isolate well. If you want an In-Ear that isolates well, you have to get an closed one like the FA9 or one from any other brand (as the FA9 is no longer build as it seems, but you can still get it easily and cheap in europe).
how sound compares fh9 vs fd7? i like more neutral ,with forward mids and extended highs. similar to this curve,im eq'd my mystique

Attachments

• noble EQ'ed_3.jpg
    noble EQ'ed_3.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #2,587 of 2,780
fh9 is is semi open?
Yes but the devil lies in the details. 🙂

A semi open design isn't the same thing as a fully open design.

For instance no sound licks at all for the other persons around me, right now... 😉

Thanks god because I am listening to Testament at full volume 😅😇

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 2:20 AM Post #2,588 of 2,780
fh9 is is semi open?
Yes, it has almost no isolation. Don't listen to whatever DaveStarWalker says. He would tell you they can cook the best coffee in the world if you ask him. He only tells positive things about the FH9, its the best earphone in the world for him and nothing can beat it.

Even if they would not be semi open and just and average earphone, they would not isolate well. Only closed IEMs will give you isolation (that is the whole reason why they exist at all) and only with foam Neither silicone nor hybrid IEM can give you isolation that is anywhere close to an closed IEM.

With an closed IEM, you can listen to music at 001/120 in an airplane, with the FH9 you would need to go to 070/120 and beyond to mask the noise. The difference is that big.

The IER-Z1R also doesn't isolate well (even though big fans of the IER-Z1R will tell you they do, they dont). Maybe some people never experienced an isolating IEM and just don't know what is possible.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 2:20 AM Post #2,589 of 2,780
Yes but the devil lies in the details. 🙂

A semi open design isn't the same thing as a fully open design.

For instance no sound licks at all for the other persons around me... 😉
im think get fd7 or fdx . both same sound or some diference? want more neutral sq. fh9 is warm tone?

Attachments

• FD7.jpg
    FD7.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 0
  • FH9-Black.jpg
    FH9-Black.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #2,590 of 2,780
Yes, it has almost no isolation. Don't listen to whatever DaveStarWalker says. He would tell you they can cook the best coffee in the world if you ask him. He only tells positive things about the FH9, its the best earphone in the world for hin and nothing can beat it.

Even if they would not be semi open and just and average earphone, they would not isolate well. Only closed IEMs will give you isolation (that is the whole reason why they exist at all) and only with foam Neither silicone nor hybrid IEM can give you isolation that is anywhere close to an closed IEM.

With an closed IEM, you can listen to music at 001/120 in an airplane, with the FH9 you would need to go to 070/120 and beyond to mask the noise. The difference is that big.
Ok, I am not in the Parisian underground and I can't listening to my music. 😅

You are right bro 👍

I do not see what is my interest in claiming the opposite of the truth that I have been experiencing for more than a year from now...

PXL_20230712_062458604.jpg

Facts are facts. Pure and simple.

This being said, folks are free of their choices, but facts are facts, period.

Now : James Brown and... Miracle... I can clearly ear it 😎🫶👍

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #2,591 of 2,780
Ok, I am not in the Parisian underground and I can't listening to my music. 😅

You are right bro 👍

I do not see what is my interest in claiming the opposite of the truth that I have been experiencing for more than a year now...

Facts are facts. Pure and simple.
Exactly, facts are facts. Your opinion is not an fact, it is your opinion. You lack the experience and the knowledge to judge if the FH9 isolates well. You do not own and never owned an closed IEM, so you just don't know how well the isolate.

Also your comparison is unrelated. If you make it loud enough, you can listen with an completely open HD800S on the paris metro.

The key feature of an isolating earphone is, that it is quiet when you do not listen to music, and not just quieter, they isolate on the level of earplugs. If you're sitting in the metro and put them in, you hear absolutely nothing for a few seconds (until your ears slowly adjust to the queter noise level).

You want to tell me, that when you put the FH9 in (without music), in the metro, that it turns completely quiet? Common, that is just a lie and you know that. Thats impossible with an semi-open hybrid IEM that uses silicone tips.

Closed IEMs are certified hearing protections used by professionals on stage, that is an fact. They provide up to 30db and more noise isolation which is completely uncomparable to the slight reduction of the FH9 or IER-Z1R or other Hybrid In-Ear.

Jul 12, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #2,592 of 2,780

Jul 12, 2023 at 2:34 AM Post #2,593 of 2,780
Exactly, facts are facts. Your opinion is not an fact, it is your opinion. You lack the experience and the knowledge to judge if the FH9 isolates well. You do not own and never owned an closed IEM, so you just don't know how well the isolate.

Also your comparison is unrelated. If you make it loud enough, you can listen with an completely open HD800S on the paris metro.

The key feature of an isolating earphone is, that it is quiet when you do not listen to music, and not just quieter, they isolate on the level of earplugs. If you're sitting in the metro and put them in, you hear absolutely nothing for a few seconds (until your ears slowly adjust to the queter noise level).

You want to tell me, that when you put the FH9 in (without music), in the metro, that it turns completely quiet? Common, that is just a lie and you know that. Thats impossible with an semi-open hybrid IEM that uses silicone tips.

Closed IEMs are certified hearing protections used by professionals on stage, that is an fact. They provide up to 30db and more noise isolation which is completely uncomparable to the slight reduction of the FH9 or IER-Z1R or other Hybrid In-Ear.
This is not an opinion.

It's my daily use of the product.

Experience, facts Vs discourse and beliefs.

Ok to summarise :

no specific problem at all about isolation and/or sounds licks (and I am not the last person in earth to certify that..)

I can't be more clear. 🙂

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #2,594 of 2,780

The FH7 is not an closed IEM. It has air holes for the dynamic drivers, you can see them! They are there. Its a fact.

I am not talking about semi-open vs. normal, i am takling about closed IEMs.

Not closed back InEar, closed IEM. Those are two different things.

Closed IEM do _not_ have air holes, they are completely sealed and can not be used with silicone tips. We are talking about completely different things.

Jul 12, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #2,595 of 2,780
This is not an opinion.

It's my daily use of the product.

Experience, facts Vs discourse and beliefs.

Ok to summarise : no problem at all about isolation and/or sounds licks.

I can't be more clear. 🙂
The people who are stiching shoes in China also think they are happy because they have a secure job that pays well.

If you don't know whats possible, what you have might be the best for you. My friends think their 30€ In-Ear are the best they can get and they don't see why they should spend more, it already sounds perfect to them.

Experience doesn't matter, especially not when you're biased. Only facts matter.

Facts are not experience. Facts are measurements and blind tests.

People can hear the difference between cables only when they see them, they can no longer hear the difference in an blind test.

So in their experience, there is a difference, but in reality, there is non. And that is a fact.

Facts beat experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back