FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jul 12, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #2,596 of 2,806
Dynamic drivers means vents... 😴

We're talking about the open back shell here.

But bro : you are right 👍 big right. Everything. Ever🙂

No possible discussion. Even you're wrong, you're right.

Folks : don't listen to me at all ! 🤤

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #2,597 of 2,806
Dynamic drivers means vents... 😴

We're talking about the open back shell here.

But bro : you are right 👍 big right. Everything. Ever🙂

Folks : don't listen to me at all ! 🤤
That is why closed IEMs don't have dynamic drivers. There is not one single closed IEM with an dynamic driver.

They are always, all BA setups, every single one of them.

Jul 12, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #2,598 of 2,806
Just an advice : (@poskus and others) try them if it's possible.

Experience means something in the real world. 🙂😇

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #2,599 of 2,806
Just an advice : (@poskus and others) try them if it's possible.

Experience means something in the real world. 🙂😇
Most stores in europe don't allow returns and there are no test drive units. So most likely he have to choose if he wants to buy and keep them, or not buy them.

The official european FiiO Shop for example puts an seal on the box,. There is no return, once you broke the seal due to hygienic reasons.

Jul 12, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #2,600 of 2,806
That is why closed IEMs don't have dynamic drivers. There is not one single closed IEM with an dynamic driver.

They are always, all BA setups, every single one of them.
???

It's about air pressure in the eardrums. Hence the vented design.

For loudspeakers, you are plainty of closed dynamic designs (try Magico for instance)...

This is... a fact. 🤤

Jul 12, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #2,601 of 2,806
Most stores in europe don't allow returns and there are no test drive units. So most likely he have to choose if he wants to buy and keep them, or not buy them.

The official european FiiO Shop for example puts an seal on the box,. There is no return, once you broke the seal due to hygienic reasons.
So they have to trust me.

Poor guy's 😇

Jul 12, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #2,602 of 2,806
???

It's about air pressure in the eardrums. Hence the vented design.

For loudspeakers, you are plainty of closed dynamic designs (try Magico for instance)...

This is... a fact. 🤤
Yes, exactly. The vent lets through air and so noise. Closed IEM don't have vents.

Tell me one closed IEM from any maker that has isolation+vents. They don't exist.

Neither VE, nor UE, Westone, FitEar, Sony and so on have vents because that would reduce the isolation (obviously, thats a fact. As soon you have an air vent, sound waves will travel through).

Vision Ears
VE Series
VE2, VE3.2, VE4.2, VE5, VE6, VE7, VE8 :: All Completely Closed All-BA Design without vents (there is an option to get an vent with some versions to lower(!) the isolation intentionally, in case its to strong for some use cases).

Westone Audio
Pro X Series
X10, X20, X30, X50 :: All Completely Closed All-BA Design without vents
Mach Series
MACH 10, MACH 20, MACH 30, MACH 40, MACH 50, MACH 60, MACH70, MACH80 :: All Completely Closed All-BA Design without vents
ES Series
ES10, ES20, ES30, ES40, ES50, ES60, ES70, ES80 :: All Completely Closed All-BA Design without vents
AC Series
AC10, AC20 :: All Completely Closed All-BA Design without vents
EAS Series
EAS10, EAS20, EAS30 :: All Completely Closed All-BA Design without vents

Ultimate Ears
UE 5, UE 6, UE 7, UE Reference, UE 11, UE 18+ :: All Completely Closed All-BA Design without vents

Sony
IER-M7, IER-M9 :: All Completely Closed All-BA Design without vents

FitEar
TG223, TG333, TG334, TG335 :: All Completely Closed All-BA Design without vents

64 Audio
U4s, U6t, U12t, U18t, U18s :: All Completely Closed All-BA Design without vents (there is an option to get an vent with some versions to lower(!) the isolation intentionally, in case its to strong for some use cases).

Shure
SE112, SE215, SE425, SE535, SE846 :: All Completely Closed All-BA Design without vents

You notice something? Every single professional stage monitor is Ventless, crazy isn't it? It totally sounds like that is important for isolation, but i am pretty sure that FiiO (which is a brand that is not used by one single person for stage monitoring) broke the law of physics

Jul 12, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #2,603 of 2,806
As I said before :

Guys, you have to trust me, or not. 😇

Principle of Ocham's Razor.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #2,604 of 2,806
You notice something? Every single professional stage monitor is Ventless, crazy isn't it? It totally sounds like that is important for isolation, but i am pretty sure that FiiO (which is a brand that is not used by one single person for stage monitoring) broke the law of physics
You notice something too ?

(professional) Stage... monitors...

I am talking about... an (parisian) underground monitor. If we follow your "logic".
No problem at all with the law of physics, as they don't collide with actual uses. I even dare to think that it is compatible. Amazing. :beerchug:

Repeat : FH9's, no exterior sounds licks and good but not an incredible sound isolation.

Precisely, my use in noisy Parisian transport means the question of sound insulation is just crucial for me (but I am not a professional singer or guitarist in a stage ; that's true :triportsad:).

Thanks here to my friend @lafeuill, I was able to do a test in the subway : nothing to say, it works perfectly loud and clear. so : fully adopted.

Pure and simple.

I can't say otherwise just to please you. Sorry I can not.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #2,605 of 2,806
Professional Stage Monitors were invented to protect the hearing of the artist. They are just normal In-Ears with the difference, that they don't use dynamic drivers to be completely closed.

But the concept works outside of Professional Stage Monitors as good. The FiiO FA9, Moondrop S8 or the CHIKYU-SEKAI 5/COSMOS are all closed All-BA Sets and they isolate as well.

So basically they are earplugs that can play music, that is the strongest isolation you can get.

Because you put them in your ear and block the direct sound path, of course, every In-Ear will isolate from noise to a certain degree. There is no In-Ear that does not isolate. But the FH9 doesn't isolate better than the IER-Z1R and i think the Final E5000 (Single DD) even isolated a bit better (because it goes deeper into the ear).

But the isolation from average In-Ear like the FH9, IER-Z1R, E5000 and so on are around -8 to -12db while an closed IEM can give you up to -30db.

Especially in an Airplane, that is an very big difference. As said. In an Airplane i can use the IER-M9 at 001/120 Volume, something that is absolutely impossible with the FH9 or any other Hybrid In-Ear.

So for someone who takes long Train oder Plain Rides or commutes daily, that is a big difference.

Most professional monitors have, in addition to that, excellent sound quality as they are used by musicians who are _very_ picky about how things sound and need as good as possible quality to monitor their performance. So they have insane sound quality combined with the highest isolation you can get. They are the definitive everyday driver and not just for professionals.

Stage Monitors are the reason why we use balanced armatures at all in any modern earphone. Audiophiles looked at what professionals did and said "I want that too". Before Stage Monitors, every In-Ear that existed was a Single DD

Jul 12, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #2,606 of 2,806
As I said before :

Guys, you have to trust me, or not. 😇

Principle of Ocham's Razor.
All is say :beerchug:

I'm not talking about theories or something, I'm talking about a daily use, a precise daily use, and a precise daily use fully validated for a year, from now on :

Use in the Parisian underground and other noisy transports.

It works. No concerns.

Period.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #2,608 of 2,806
I don't know the Meze Rai Penta (only by name).

So no idea :slight_frown:

Jul 12, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #2,610 of 2,806
im compared meze rai penta via bt adapter vs my noble mystique tws and both at lhdc codec shows same sound and details. noble 1DD 2BA vs meze 1DD 4BA. so ,1DD 6BA is not changes sound if upgrade to fh9? must look for more drivers IEms ?
Impossible to know : You need to listen and compare... :slight_frown:

Frankly : I don't know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back