FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Sep 27, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #2,701 of 2,780
Help!!!

My Fiio FH9 left shell appears to be developing a fault. I have noticed the mmcx connection is loose, and the cable has a very slight wobble to it, this is on both the stock cable and the Fiio LC-RE pro cable. The side connection has no wobble at all.

Any suggestions how to tighten the connection?
Dear friend,

Please check whether the method in this video help:
If the issue remains, please contact the seller or support@fiio.com about that with the receipt attached.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 3, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #2,703 of 2,780
Ok... my dear Fh9 with my dear Effect Audio Ares S Founders Edition....

PXL_20231103_085410558~2.jpg

What the hell !!!!.... 😅😅😅😅😅😅😅....

It's... phenomenal. I am 😶...

More to come but what a... 💪😎🫶👍Etc.

Nov 3, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #2,704 of 2,780
Ok... my dear Fh9 with my dear Effect Audio Ares S Founders Edition....

What the hell !!!!.... 😅😅😅😅😅😅😅....

It's... phenomenal. I am 😶...

More to come but what a... 💪😎🫶👍Etc.
Mmmm I have Cadmus S 8w Eros 8W AE and Ares S 8W wonder which one will be best compared to the LC-RE Pro (22)

Nov 3, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #2,705 of 2,780
Mmmm I have Cadmus S 8w Eros 8W AE and Ares S 8W wonder which one will be best compared to the LC-RE Pro (22)
It would be very interesting, yes .... 😉

I found the stock cable and the 2022 pro excellent.... but the Ares S Founders Edition is on an another planet... really 😅😎

Totl realm this couple, really. No joke at all and no exaggeration...

Nov 3, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #2,706 of 2,780
So... what I "feared", about opening the Pandora's box, but I implemented my Ares S Founders Edition on the Fh9's...

Well it's just sublime.... 😎

Since I have Con X connectors, the Ringo and Fh9 will share custody 😅

PXL_20231103_085222911~2.jpg

Compared to the Fiio cable, it is in particular the gain in definition, resolution and finesse that is obvious. The “big sound” is still there, but with a class and a refinement that no longer have anything to do with the previous couple.

Oddly enough, the Fiio cable is the bassiest, although I would have bet the opposite. It is more enveloping because it is slightly warmer and above all less controlled and less precise, by a great margin. At the bottom end, the FE is more tense and precise. More cut out too, articulated, but while retaining the power of the Fiio cable. Also the FE is faster overall. It snaps badly but conversely, it's very fine and chiseled at the top.

For the medium and overall human voices, nothing more to say, it's impeccable. Richness, contours, textures, not a bit of sibilance.

For the low mid, it is still as present and rich but more controlled and tense. Here again it is obvious. Once again, it's impeccable. Sublime in presence and textures.

The soundstage is finally deeper and in 3d volume, compared to the Fiio cable more frontal and more left/right dispatched.

Important to note that the Ares S Founders Edition is a very different beast from the standard Ares S (8w), both in terms of construction (hybrid copper, gold and palladium, alloy and plating vs. pure copper), and sound. These are really two different cables, particularly in terms of technicality and definition/resolution...

And about the price... 1000 bucks 😭

And availability : just 10 pieces were made...😞

I was able to compare the two versions at length before deciding on the FE, for my Ringo, a few months ago, from now.

At the time I tried the Ares S 8 on the Fh9 but I didn't like it because it was too bassy. But.... I was filtered in 550, and not in 250 like now, so I don't know but I think it would be fine to make a try...

Besides, I was able to try the Ares S FE with a few other earphones (notably the MAD 16 from my friend Pierre), and this cable is one of the best to date that I have listened to, regardless of price, brand or technology. Really.

On the Ringo, I was able to compare it to a Code 51 for example, which was no match. For the FE.

Well, stories of synergies, as usual, but for the moment, with the 4 or 5 elite earphones tried with it, each time the top results were achieved with the FE... despite some really heavyweights opposite (Rhapsodio, PW Orpheus too...).

My little idea, and I'll be able to listen to it, would be to equip the Ringo's with an Eros S 1st Anniversary (also for the look, which would be perfect) and leave the Ares S FE on the Fh9 (the look also works very well I think , see photo, and to my great surprise I must say).

Or leave the FE on the Ringo's (for me it's clearly an endgame pairing) and stick a standard Eros S (the grey looking one) on the Fh9....

But you have to try.... 🙏

Otherwise yes, I was thinking of the Brise Audio but for the Ringo's (look). And as a result, the Fh9s would keep the FE... 😎

Obviously the best thing would be to find another FE... but only 10 worldwide cables were produced. It's already a miracle that I was able to nab mine... 🤔

In short, more to come and these Fh9 definitely have A LOT to say... 😍

As one of my great friends says, I'm "a little on my ass" by what I'm hearing... and I realize that I didn't take these Fh9s seriously enough all things considered. .. 🤤 mea culpa 😶

Updated signature... finally running with a single cable for 2 intras (2 pin / Ringo and mmcx / Fh9), thanks to the ConX is possible, and considered.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #2,708 of 2,780
Last edited:
Nov 5, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #2,709 of 2,780
About the black filter on the shell ?

250 and 3mm diameter 😉

And for the canula, green filter on.
So you have a more V-shaped FH9? Choke the front vents to bring up the midbass and mud, and then use the treble nozzles to bring back some treble to balance things out.

Nov 5, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #2,710 of 2,780
So you have a more V-shaped FH9? Choke the front vents to bring up the midbass and mud, and then use the treble nozzles to bring back some treble to balance things out.
Not really.

The filter, 250 value, is more a matter of quality of the bass (texture, articulation, slam, to resume) than quantity 😉

Higher values, it became a basshead earphone, but more (faint) L shaped than V shaped.

For exemple, the human voices are never recessed, in particular the female voices.

And without these filters on the vents, the green filter for the canula has always been my first choice : maximum air and definition.

And with the Ares S Founders Edition cable : I am just blown away by the results. It's... waouh. 😎😅

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2023 at 5:21 AM Post #2,711 of 2,780
Not really.

The filter, 250 value, is more a matter of quality of the bass (texture, articulation, slam, to resume) than quantity 😉

Higher values, it became a basshead earphone, but more (faint) L shaped than V shaped.

For exemple, the human voices are never recessed, in particular the female voices.

And without these filters on the vents, the green filter for the canula has always been my first choice : maximum air and definition.

And with the Ares S Founders Edition cable : I am just blown away by the results. It's... waouh. 😎😅
I ended up using a 200 filter and following your post I tried the EA cables I have and now the Eros S 8w AE is never leaving my FH9 it sounds so refined and dynamic and as I own the Black titanium version the look with this cable is just 👌🔥

Nov 5, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #2,712 of 2,780
I ended up using a 200 filter and following your post I tried the EA cables I have and now the Eros S 8w AE is never leaving my FH9 it sounds so refined and dynamic and as I own the Black titanium version the look with this cable is just 👌🔥
If it's possible try 250 😉

And about these A. C. E. Effect Audio cables (and Founders Edition versions) with these Fh9's.... big (big !) surprise uh ?! 😅😎💪

Ok, I quote about the Eros S...

This is also the choice of one of my fellow french enthusiasts pals of the forum Tellement Nomade... 😜

I need to try it, then, decide (Ringo's or Fh9's or neither of them because if the mighty FE).

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #2,713 of 2,780
If it's possible try 250 😉

And about these A C E Effect Audio cables with these Fh9's.... big (big !) surprise uh ?! 😅😎💪

Ok, I quote about the Eros S...

This is also the choice of one of my fellow french enthusiasts of the forum Tellement Nomade... 😜

I need to try it, then, decide.
OK.... I'll give you that one the 250 is better just touch more bass dynamic. The difference with this cable is just ridiculous though oh well the fancy fiio cable can live on my fd7 😍

Nov 5, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #2,714 of 2,780
OK.... I'll give you that one the 250 is better just touch more bass dynamic. The difference with this cable is just ridiculous though oh well the fancy fiio cable can live on my fd7 😍
Yes, ridiculous is the term.

It's shocking...

These Fh9's have an incredible (hidden? 🤔) potential that need to be, hum ... released. Properly released, unleashed. 😅

It can scale really strongly.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #2,715 of 2,780
I have some of that filters at hom, and its fun to experiment with them. I believe more in filters than cables.

My S12 is modded with 350mesh and I feel them more controled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back