FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Sep 11, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #241 of 2,797
Well, I got a reply from FiiO. The shop I bought the FH3 from is not their authorised reseller so they can't help me.
All I got was an apology.

Sep 11, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #242 of 2,797
Man, I'm so scared, my FH3s are on the way (my first audophile set), and if they will have some defects I woudn't even know, because I don't have anything to compare them to maybe expect old Samsung IEMs powered by AKG).
Don't let a few outliers dissuade your enthusiasm. With any mass produced product, there's an expected failure rate. Fiio (from my research) has a good reputation, across their product lines, for quality and consistency.

Really the only general manufacturing defect for earphones is an imbalance, between the left and right; which will be easy to note. It wouldn't be considered a Mft. defect if the overall sound signature isn't to your liking; that would just be a personal preference.

Sep 11, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #244 of 2,797
Sep 11, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #245 of 2,797
Well, I got a reply from FiiO. The shop I bought the FH3 from is not their authorised reseller so they can't help me.
All I got was an apology.
Wow, thats pretty crappy...

Sep 11, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #246 of 2,797
Yes, it is. I didn't expect them to show no sense of responsibility for a faulty product of theirs. Especially seeing as it failed after just one day.
I'll take it as a lesson, I suppose. Unfortunate, because I really enjoyed the FH3, they are very lively and clear.

Sep 11, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #247 of 2,797
Yes, it is. I didn't expect them to show no sense of responsibility for a faulty product of theirs. Especially seeing as it failed after just one day.
I'll take it as a lesson, I suppose. Unfortunate, because I really enjoyed the FH3, they are very lively and clear.
You cant get a full refund with aliexpress? Such a shame that it seems fiio doesnt have that good QC as I thought...

Sep 11, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #248 of 2,797
For a full refund I would have to send it back and I don't want to incur any further costs related to this.
Well, it was a good wake-up call. I should stop buying IEMs as I have too many already :D

Sep 11, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #249 of 2,797
For a full refund I would have to send it back and I don't want to incur any further costs related to this.
Well, it was a good wake-up call. I should stop buying IEMs as I have too many already :D
yeah, just enjoy what you got. You already have great iems like the LZ A6. :joy:
Are you interested in the LZ A7? :smirk:

Sep 11, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #250 of 2,797
yeah, just enjoy what you got. You already have great iems like the LZ A6. :joy:
Are you interested in the LZ A7? :smirk:
You're right, I still need to find a filter I really like and settle for the A6. If it's not the moisture clogging it's the brightness that irks me. Makes me wish LZ adopted IMR's flexibility of tuning.
As for the A7... I don't know yet. I will have to wait for reviews to get an idea how it sounds.

Sep 11, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #251 of 2,797
You're right, I still need to find a filter I really like and settle for the A6. If it's not the moisture clogging it's the brightness that irks me. Makes me wish LZ adopted IMR's flexibility of tuning.
As for the A7... I don't know yet. I will have to wait for reviews to get an idea how it sounds.
Well, there are going to be a lot of reviews for the A7 (me included) so look forward to that.

Have you tried the pink filter with the A6? The treble isnt bothering me on that one.

Sep 11, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #252 of 2,797
Well, there are going to be a lot of reviews for the A7 (me included) so look forward to that.

Have you tried the pink filter with the A6? The treble isnt bothering me on that one.
You bet I will! If not for you, I wouldn't even have any idea what low to mid price IEMs were worth getting interested in. So thanks for that.
I don't think I have tried the pink one yet. I know I tested the red, the purple, and the silver. I'll check the pink ones.

I'm interested in the P2, I won't deny it, but again, it depends on the tuning. If it's going to have no bass at all again, it'll be a hard pass.

Sep 11, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #253 of 2,797
You bet I will! If not for you, I wouldn't even have any idea what low to mid price IEMs were worth getting interested in. So thanks for that.
I don't think I have tried the pink one yet. I know I tested the red, the purple, and the silver. I'll check the pink ones.

I'm interested in the P2, I won't deny it, but again, it depends on the tuning. If it's going to have no bass at all again, it'll be a hard pass.
Thanks for the trust!

The red ones are a step above the pink in terms of treble quantity and is a bit too much for me.

I am also very interested in the P2, but if they cant tune it with bass...at least it will fit better and hopefully EQ will work as good as it did on the P1.

Sep 11, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #255 of 2,797
Each revie
Fellow Headfier's I have reviewed the FH3 for hxosplus.gr.

Please have a look if you want

https://www.hxosplus.gr/reviews/fiio-fh3-review/

An English version for Headfi will be available soon.
Very good review, it was enjoyable to read it. So as many of us here i find in review that these iems really shine especially with good quality source. And can't understand anyone who tells other way. It cost not much and is available to buy even for poorer audiolovers. There is so many time when we feel disappointed and money spent not worthly but not this time with these iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back