FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Sep 8, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #211 of 2,793
1599550730719.png

FIIO FH3 REVIEW
---from Headfonia

https://www.headfonia.com/fiio-fh3-review/

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 8, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #212 of 2,793
Well, RIP my FH3. I was experimenting with ear tips and all of a sudden the balance has shifted left, vocals especially. Some frequencies are missing from the right piece. damn.
Driver flex disappeared on the right too at the same time, so I guess the dynamic driver broke.

Sep 8, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #213 of 2,793
Well, RIP my FH3. I was experimenting with ear tips and all of a sudden the balance has shifted left, vocals especially. Some frequencies are missing from the right piece. damn.
Driver flex disappeared on the right too at the same time, so I guess the dynamic driver broke.
....There have been reports on that over at hifiguides, seems fiio has a QC issue here.

@FiiO You need to step up with QC, literally the only thing holding the FH3 back now.

Sep 8, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #214 of 2,793
This is really such bad luck. I was enjoying them so much. I got it from AE so returning it isn't an option, I guess. Maybe I'll manage to get a partial refund on it at least.

Sep 8, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #215 of 2,793
This is really such bad luck. I was enjoying them so much. I got it from AE so returning it isn't an option, I guess. Maybe I'll manage to get a partial refund on it at least.
Since this has been reported by some other users too, you might be able to get Fiio to send you a replacement directly without going through the aliexpress seller (assuming it isnt fiio themselves).

Sep 8, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #216 of 2,793
Yeah, I got it from another seller on AE.

Edit: Oh yeah, I found that thread on hifiguides. It's eerie how another person has had the exact same experience as I.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #219 of 2,793
Yeah, I got it from another seller on AE.

Edit: Oh yeah, I found that thread on hifiguides. It's eerie how another person has had the exact same experience as I.

Hey Head-FI'ers, I am that "other guy" over at HiFi Guides that had the FH3 failure. I think the failure had to do with my usual burn-in process. I usually use an extremely powerful THX AAA 789 to run my IEMs and full sized headphones off. I have some extremely power hungry headphones so I need an amp like the THX. Even though I run the amp on low gain, it's still very easy to overpower my IEMs with it. When I burn-in headphones and IEMs overnight, I usually up the volume past where I'm comfortable listening and my burn-in playlist is designed to be torturous to anything I'm burning in.

Everything was probably too much for the FH3 to handle.

Since then, I've been running all my IEMs off of one of my Fiio Q5s with THX portables instead of the desktop THX and everything has been fine. I now have two perfectly working FH3's with no issues. This IEM is fantastic. Sad to hear a few others are reporting the same issue I experienced.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #220 of 2,793
Hey Head-FI'ers, I am that "other guy" over at HiFi Guides that had the FH3 failure. I think the failure had to do with my usual burn-in process. I usually use an extremely powerful THX AAA 789 to run my IEMs and full sized headphones off. I have some extremely power hungry headphones so I need an amp like the THX. Even though I run the amp on low gain, it's still very easy to overpower my IEMs with it. When I burn-in headphones and IEMs overnight, I usually up the volume past where I'm comfortable listening and my burn-in playlist is designed to be torturous to anything I'm burning in.

Everything was probably too much for the FH3 to handle.

Since then, I've been running all my IEMs off of one of my Fiio Q5s with THX portables instead of the desktop THX and everything has been fine. I now have two perfectly working FH3's with no issues. This IEM is fantastic. Sad to hear a few others are reporting the same issue I experienced.
Welcome to Head-fi!

Sep 8, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #222 of 2,793
I'm a bit late to this party and in the process of reading this thread. I'm gonna jump the gun and ask...

Does the FH3 have any amount of Driver Flex when inserting into your Ears?

Thanks
Both sides of mine did, quite easily, but it didn’t sound bad.

Sep 8, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #223 of 2,793
Sep 8, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #224 of 2,793
I'm a bit late to this party and in the process of reading this thread. I'm gonna jump the gun and ask...

Does the FH3 have any amount of Driver Flex when inserting into your Ears?

Thanks

I can't hear much if any. It is nothing like the IBasso IT00. That thing sounds like crashing dishes falling down granite steps while inserting.

Sep 8, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #225 of 2,793
Now you can impart all your experience with the FH3 to curious minds here. (FH5 & FH7 as well).

As you know I'm enthusiastic and go way overboard with all of this and everything I do.

Anyone wanting to know pretty much anything about the Fiio Hybrids, I'd be more than willing to offer up my opinions. I'm a big fan. Especially of the FH3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back