FIIO Flagship all-in-one digital media streamer R9 Discussion & Impressions Thread
Mar 3, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #289 of 398
@MikeGut Final question, did you use the white adapter it came with when you plugged it in or did you use it without the adapter?
The white adaptor is a polarity reverser. It changes the polarity that exists in the regular barrel. From the diagrams on the outside of the ifi box and the back of the R9, I found that the regular polarity is fine. I think, but I am not totally sure, that you can damage the R9 by using the adaptor. So I would not use the adaptor.

Mar 4, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #290 of 398
The system of R9 is optimized on the basis of R7 and is relatively stable overall.
Due to the diverse usage conditions and environments of users, there may be some problems that we cannot find during testing, we will follow up and deal with everyone's feedbacks in time.
A new optimized firmware will be launched this month, thank you for your attention.
And what about Roon Ready certification? I asked you last week for an update on this but you did not reply.

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #292 of 398
Can you use the R9 HDMI output independently of the analog outputs. In other words, I would like to connect the R9 to my receiver via HDMI to see the screen of the R9, but would like to use the R9 analog outputs to have better quality analog sound. Is this possible?

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #293 of 398
Could I please request that somebody from @FiiO answers my question? Thank you.
Yes..Its ROON READY..

IMG_1760 3.jpg

Best Regards

Sisco

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #294 of 398
Mar 6, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #296 of 398
I have R9 now,and i have had R7..R9 works fine as a Roon Ready..Yes,Roon ishows R7..but i think it s a mistake..I changed the name..

Best Regards

Sisco
The FiiO rep on here confirmed that Roon would need to address implementing a Roon Ready cert for R9. There should clearly be a separate Roon Ready for both R7 and R9, they should not share the same Roon Ready. It needs to be addressed even though you can rename it and it does work

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #297 of 398
The FiiO rep on here confirmed that Roon would need to address implementing a Roon Ready cert for R9. There should clearly be a separate Roon Ready for both R7 and R9, they should not share the same Roon Ready. It needs to be addressed even though you can rename it and it does work
I read the Reps reply to say that Fiio would need Roon to make the change in their software to recognize the R9 as an R9 vs how it recognizes it today as an R7, not that they had to get a new certification from Roon to have Roon recognize it as an R9.

Mar 8, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #300 of 398
Hi all,
I am currently streaming with IFI Zen Stream. All is fine but the major inconvenient is for me the inability to change the volume level which is fixed through Roon apps.
I can only adjust the volume through my RME ADI DAC device.
Does R9 allow control of the volume with Roon apps?
Thanks for your support and help!
Mac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back