[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Sep 8, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #1,801 of 1,922
Anyone? If not, I am literally throwing them in the bin. No good to as they are.
Hi Darren I bought your old D spec 4.4mm cable from you previously. I do not really use my FH7 much any more since I bought the Thieaudio Clairvoyance so if you would like I can list it and sell you the cable for the same price? I think it was £60?

Sep 12, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #1,802 of 1,922
Hi all,

I'm in the process of upgrading my music listening experience and I was originally thinking about buying the FA9. But after reading/watching all reviews I could possibly find I got seriously turned off by reviews describing it as a rather boring and non-musical IEM. In the same process I saw quite some love for the FH7. So I spent another day reading/watching FH7 reviews and I think both musicality/rhythm/pitch are what I hoped to find and that the sound balance is neutral enough for me not to be bothered by it (I don't like any sort of overpowering bass nor treble that make 1 piano sound like 3 different instruments). However, as a midrange afficionado I do have some concerns about remarks suggesting the midrange is rather cold and bright and some even mention the mids not being musical.

I know there's only so much reviews can do, so I would love to hear some opinions about especially the mids and overall musicality from long-time users instead of reviewers who (at the time) picked up a new flag ship with the aim of comparing it to whatever was available. Weird thing to see was that exactly ZERO reviewers spent more than a single sentence on musicality, rhythm, and the quality to completely draw you into the music and make you tap your feet, sing, or (even worse), dance. For me this would be the most important part as if an IEM doesn't "do" anything then I'm simply not interested.

Tnx much for your help...

drftr

Sep 12, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #1,803 of 1,922
Hi all,

I'm in the process of upgrading my music listening experience and I was originally thinking about buying the FA9. But after reading/watching all reviews I could possibly find I got seriously turned off by reviews describing it as a rather boring and non-musical IEM. In the same process I saw quite some love for the FH7. So I spent another day reading/watching FH7 reviews and I think both musicality/rhythm/pitch are what I hoped to find and that the sound balance is neutral enough for me not to be bothered by it (I don't like any sort of overpowering bass nor treble that make 1 piano sound like 3 different instruments). However, as a midrange afficionado I do have some concerns about remarks suggesting the midrange is rather cold and bright and some even mention the mids not being musical.

I know there's only so much reviews can do, so I would love to hear some opinions about especially the mids and overall musicality from long-time users instead of reviewers who (at the time) picked up a new flag ship with the aim of comparing it to whatever was available. Weird thing to see was that exactly ZERO reviewers spent more than a single sentence on musicality, rhythm, and the quality to completely draw you into the music and make you tap your feet, sing, or (even worse), dance. For me this would be the most important part as if an IEM doesn't "do" anything then I'm simply not interested.

Tnx much for your help...

drftr
Hi, “Neutral” is the best term I can use to describe their sound. They do not add any color and this is something I truly enjoy.

Sep 14, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #1,804 of 1,922
The FH7 is such a nice looking set, I ordered them last month at the Aliexpress sale, together with the LC-4.4C cable. Every IEM should be delivered with a balanced cable, but besides thaty it's now burning in on my M11 Plus LTD. I hope it will be a great combo.

Gonna experiment with the filters / different sets of tips once it's burned in enough.

2021-09-14 17.06.01.jpg

2021-09-14 17.06.30.jpg

Sep 14, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #1,805 of 1,922
The FH7 is such a nice looking set, I ordered them last month at the Aliexpress sale, together with the LC-4.4C cable. Every IEM should be delivered with a balanced cable, but besides thaty it's now burning in on my M11 Plus LTD. I hope it will be a great combo.

Gonna experiment with the filters / different sets of tips once it's burned in enough.

2021-09-14 17.06.01.jpg

2021-09-14 17.06.30.jpg
You picked a great album to enjoy your new IEMs :)

Oct 20, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #1,808 of 1,922
Hi. Long shot I know, but does anyone have a right hand headshell for sale? The center pin on mine has broken. Not having much luck with the FH7. This is my second set and both have come with faulty cables, in that one side was loose.

Dec 1, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #1,812 of 1,922
Pulled the trigger on the FH7 during the black Friday sale. I'm on day 2 of listening. Just some rando thoughts:

• I haven't even burned these in and I can already tell that these are my favorite IEMs so far. I've also owned Hifiman RE600, Sennheiser IE 300, Fiio F9 pro, Fiio EX1, and various budget/Chi-fi IEMs. The sound on these is exactly what I want.
  • My ears aren't exactly symmetrical, which makes comfort hit and miss for me. The FH7 is really smooth and sits deeply enough to get a good seal. I accidentally fell asleep with them on last night, and they never became uncomfortable.
  • Most reviews I've seen for the FH7 praise the soundstage, and I agree. These have a nicely-sized sound, with plenty of separation and airiness without sacrificing clarity.
Overall, I feel like I'm dipping my toe in high-end listening to these.

Dec 4, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #1,813 of 1,922
just bought the fh7 and i am really happy with it :).

i am using it with a shanling m8. i have some questions about the fh7.

so the m8 has gain modes:
  • Low Gain: 71mw@32Ω
  • High Gain:184mW@32Ω
  • Turbo Gain: 840mW@32Ω

Fiio FH7
  • Impedance: 16Ω(@1kHz)
  • Sensitivity: 111dB/mW
  • Maximum Input Power: 100mW
1) is low gain mode the "best" for this pairing?
2) what changes in the overall calculation based on 16 ohm of the fh7, and not the 32 ohm of the m8 and
3) when i use the fiio balanced cable, do i get more than 16 ohm in this case or what changes in the facts above, beyond the better sound.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #1,815 of 1,922
Don't bother. I've had two pairs and both had faulty cables that were so loose on one side it would fall out. Even purchasing the "D" spec silver cable hasn't completely cured the problem. I've got the FA7 and had a couple of pairs of the FH5. All were perfect with regard to the cables.

Anyway, people with FiiO DAPs seem to be blinkered in that they must buy FiiO IEM's. I'm using the one listed below, and prefer it to any other IEM I've owned, FiiO or otherwise, up to about £900, using an M11.

https://www.linsoul.com/products/thor-mjolnir

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back