[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Aug 2, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #1,681 of 1,922
Sound is so personal, @Hyperfluxe. I think the FH7 are good for metal; right now I am enjoying the Thieaudio Legacy 9 with the same. For darker metal, I prefer the Sony XBA-N3, but I also feel they are a bit muffled/veiled. One set that does not get a lot of love but should for metal is the Hidizs MS4.

I really love my Audeze iSine 20 with metal as well,. but those are now locked to Cipher.

Aug 4, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #1,683 of 1,922
Has anyone upgraded from Audiosense T800s and ended up "downgrading" to them from the FH7? This is rather perplexing because the FiiO FH7 and Fearless Audio S8F are said to be the best mid-range IEM's by an absolute landslide for extreme Metal (check out the Metal-Fi megathreads), especially for the subgenres I listen to (Black, Death, Doom, Thrash), but I just don't enjoy them as much. In fact, they're supposed to be so good for Metal along the S8F (which I realize now that I would dislike more than the FH7) that they only get surpassed by the Tia Trio at a hefty price of $2300. I've tried all possible tips and filter combos and prefer the treble/black stock filter with Azla Sedna EarFitLights (or even the stock CP145 in Large blues work ok, along the bass tips in large). They're also not nearly as good a fit for my ears as the T800s but that's highly personal, the T800s feels like they were built for my ear canals.

I don't find that hard to believe. In this hobby, price doesn't necessarily equal to quality. Sound signature is highly dependent on personal preference so perhaps FH7 fit your sound signature much better than the other more expensive choices.

Still loving the sound signature of my FH7 but I think I recently found one that can match or come close to it based on my preference. Check out Azla 01R MK II, way under hype IEM only sold in Japan, Korea and HK. Tonality is very similar to FH7

Aug 15, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #1,685 of 1,922
Hey guys any one here with both fh7 and blessing 2?? I'm looking for a comparison. Choice of music is metal. Thanks!

Aug 15, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #1,686 of 1,922
Hey guys any one here with both fh7 and blessing 2?? I'm looking for a comparison. Choice of music is metal. Thanks!

I was curious about this comparison too. From everything I was reading, the B2 edges out the FH7 only very slightly in detail and separation but loses out in bass quality and quantity. Since I mostly listen to electronic music I went with the FH7, not sure what your preference would be with metal.

Aug 15, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #1,687 of 1,922
I was curious about this comparison too. From everything I was reading, the B2 edges out the FH7 only very slightly in detail and separation but loses out in bass quality and quantity. Since I mostly listen to electronic music I went with the FH7, not sure what your preference would be with metal.
I prefer better detail and seperation over the quantity of bass. I like a good kick but not overpowering and boomy. With metal the track gets really busy with lotta instruments going really fast so it should not sound muddy. Bass should be really fast attacking with quick decay

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #1,689 of 1,922
Agreed on the bass in metal - needs to be fast fast fast. The Be driver in the FH7 offers that.
Have you tried the Moondrop Blessing 2 ? Heard it's really good for metal.

Sep 16, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #1,690 of 1,922
Has anyone got an EQ to take some of the brightness out?
Which filter and tip combination are you using?

on first listen even the neutral filters made my ears bleed, but now I listen with treble filters and vocal tips - brain burn in is real!

Sep 17, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #1,691 of 1,922
Which filter and tip combination are you using?

on first listen even the neutral filters made my ears bleed, but now I listen with treble filters and vocal tips - brain burn in is real!

Treble filters are my favourite, the other two is spikey in the treble and you loose some clarity, details like some kind of distortion masks the highs. Treble filters are effortlessly shows you in detail what this iem is capable of.

And yes, brain burn in is real. My hearing got accostumed to the brighter sound quite easily. Only tip rolling is a pain in the ***. Hope Xelastec will solve this for me.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #1,692 of 1,922
hi all :ksc75smile: excuse me for my english, since this is not my primary language.
So, this headgear things has been my hobby since maybe 15 years ago. I took a long break from this hobby for 4 years, and maybe I am ready to continue.
I am confused with my final 4 selections: fiio fh7, moondrop s8, thieaudio monarch or clairvoyance.
My last gear is sennheiser ie8, hd 650, phillips fidelio x1. This is my first time to ba or hybrid setup.
my current music is 70, 80 and 90s rock mainly queen, rem, nirvana, smashing pumpkins, garbage. Old pop like abba, blondies.
I also like good soundstage and imaging, since I use my gear for gaming (shooter mostly) and movie watching. That is why I choose the x1 and ie8.
Now, I am ready to upgrade and want more clarity and imaging. I dont want more bassy iem, maybe more neutral or warm? with good soundstage and imaging clarity.
I think the fh7 fits my need, but it got mixed review with the clarity? moondrop, I like the soundstage, clarity and precission, but many reviewers said its too neutral borderline boring sound?
with the monarch or clairvoyance, maybe I am leaning toward the clairvoyance? But i am afraid not getting the clarity from the monarch.
Since I live in china now, I can demo the fiio and moondrop in physical store maybe. But I dont know if I can try the twins.
I hope someone can help me?

Sep 22, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #1,693 of 1,922
hi all :ksc75smile: excuse me for my english, since this is not my primary language.
So, this headgear things has been my hobby since maybe 15 years ago. I took a long break from this hobby for 4 years, and maybe I am ready to continue.
I am confused with my final 4 selections: fiio fh7, moondrop s8, thieaudio monarch or clairvoyance.
My last gear is sennheiser ie8, hd 650, phillips fidelio x1. This is my first time to ba or hybrid setup.
my current music is 70, 80 and 90s rock mainly queen, rem, nirvana, smashing pumpkins, garbage. Old pop like abba, blondies.
I also like good soundstage and imaging, since I use my gear for gaming (shooter mostly) and movie watching. That is why I choose the x1 and ie8.
Now, I am ready to upgrade and want more clarity and imaging. I dont want more bassy iem, maybe more neutral or warm? with good soundstage and imaging clarity.
I think the fh7 fits my need, but it got mixed review with the clarity? moondrop, I like the soundstage, clarity and precission, but many reviewers said its too neutral borderline boring sound?
with the monarch or clairvoyance, maybe I am leaning toward the clairvoyance? But i am afraid not getting the clarity from the monarch.
Since I live in china now, I can demo the fiio and moondrop in physical store maybe. But I dont know if I can try the twins.
I hope someone can help me?
I used to listen to hd650 and clarity for my ears is even better on FH7 with good quality balanced cables. But in terms of sound signature they are very different. HD650 is lush, laid back with sweet, clear mids, not so much highs in quantity. FH7 is more technical, less midbass bump but more sub bass and much more highs in quantity and detail, its almost a bright iem with very well controlled lean bass wich reaches deep (25Hz is audible). FH7 has vibrant lively sound, while hd650 is bit boring, you can fall asleep with them on your head, which is not a bad thing at all, that is still a remarkable headphone.
The are very different. I suggest you audition it (thats how it won me over), and if you do so, be careful to use tips that has a perfect seal, otherwise you will find it bright and shouty because of the bass leakage. If tha bass is not there, tips are to blame.
I cant comment on your other mentions.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #1,694 of 1,922
Thank you for the impression. I absolutely love my 650, but I need iem with more details and technical, but without sacrificing body.
This week, I will demo the fh7 along with the moondrop s8. I also waiting for thieaudio monarch and clair demo unit from linsoul.

Sep 22, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #1,695 of 1,922
Thank you for the impression. I absolutely love my 650, but I need iem with more details and technical, but without sacrificing body.
This week, I will demo the fh7 along with the moondrop s8. I also waiting for thieaudio monarch and clair demo unit from linsoul.
FH7 is a full body sound. After used to it, its pretty remarkable and can deliver the clarity, technicalities and details you are looking for. Especially with silver plated copper cables. What cables do you use? I planning on buying quality copper cables (forza audioworks, or just a linsoul lsc08). Can you recommend me some from experience?

What is your source/dac/amp? Ibasso dx160's bit analog sound makes a good pairing for me, even better than fiio m11/m11pro - found them too bright, harsh, analitical with fh7. Hd650 is very sensitive to amp pairing, good amping gives it a real edge (there are threads about it). That said dx160 - desktop amp - fh7 is real heaven for me :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back