[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Nov 5, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #1,714 of 1,922
Thanks. Any suggestion for an alternative IEM?
I like polite treble too, sometimes too much so as I still have Fearless Roland in my rotation.
LZ A7 going on sale on 11.11 for $285 @ Penon Audio. This one is more tunable. I cannot comment on it from my own experience but it's definitely on my list for 11.11.
Fiios own FH3($140) has more polite treble and more bass, though resolution-wise is a downgrade.
Mofasest Trio for $ 500 has 2 EST and bass that is bio cellulose, not beryllium but also very comparably fast and controlled. IMO, second best bass.
True beryllium bass alternative are IMR hybrids. I suggest reading their thread.

I like my FH7. Cable swapping didn't get me the treble I wanted, so I inserted some foam inside a silicone tips as a sound filter kind of like Sony IEMs have. Worked better than even gold-plated cable. I use balanced filter and $20 16 core TRN SPC with it for now.

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #1,715 of 1,922
Any suggestion for budge full copper cable to warm FH7 a little bit?

Nov 8, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #1,716 of 1,922
Any suggestion for budge full copper cable to warm FH7 a little bit?

I haven't tried any other cable, but you can try the orange filter, or use Sony o Final E tips to give body, bass and reduce some treble.
I love the FH7 with Final E, but I use the black default filter.

Nov 9, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #1,717 of 1,922
I haven't tried any other cable, but you can try the orange filter, or use Sony o Final E tips to give body, bass and reduce some treble.
I love the FH7 with Final E, but I use the black default filter.

I'm already using Final E tips.
What Sony tips are you talking about? Are they the following ones?

images.jpeg

Thank you.

Nov 9, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #1,718 of 1,922
And for heavy metal music? :)
I use the FH7's with the FIIO balanced cable, Hiby R6 Pro, bass tips and bass filters, listen to Tidal via UAPP bit perfect & find metal sounds great across all sub genres, as long as the recording is decent of course, Bloodbath, Baest, Decapitated, Deserted Fear, Lowest Creature, Meshuggah, The Occult, also more milder metal / rock bands such as Tool, Aera, Dead Daisies, AC/DC, Opeth. The only downside is they highlight poorly recorded music annoyingly well to the point where I can't listen to it using them, so I save that for the car.
But I find this a great combo for listening to metal for hours at a time.

Dec 14, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #1,722 of 1,922
Was enjoying this for some time... but unfortunately, just 1.5 years - it broke.

My Issues:

Left IEM ear piece is now very soft
I need to shift the audio balance manually to left
The lower bass on the Left IEM is not clearly audible anymore

What I did to try fix the issue:

Clean the IEM
Replace the MMCX cable
I used different devices to test i.e., my PC, iPad and iPhone and all have the same result as listed above...

Very disappointed, my very first IEM with significant cost, ends up breaking in less than 2 years with modest usage.

And to add... support informed me there's no way to fix and offering me to get a new one with discounted price - but with my experience, not sure if I'm buying another one.

Any other suggestion?

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #1,723 of 1,922
Was enjoying this for some time... but unfortunately, just 1.5 years - it broke.

My Issues:

Clean the IEM
Replace the MMCX cable
I used different devices to test i.e., my PC, iPad and iPhone and all have the same result as listed above...

Very disappointed, my very first IEM with significant cost, ends up breaking in less than 2 years with modest usage.

And to add... support informed me there's no way to fix and offering me to get a new one with discounted price - but with my experience, not sure if I'm buying another one.

Any other suggestion?
Dear friend,

Did you contact us via support@fiio.com about that instead? Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 15, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #1,724 of 1,922

My Issues:

Clean the IEM
Replace the MMCX cable

Any other suggestion?

I've had this happen with various IEMs on occasion and it always turned out to be some hard to find embedded earwax. I assume you tried other filters and looked for this possibility?

Jan 3, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #1,725 of 1,922
I use LC2.5D (silver cable) + bass filter + JVC spiral dot eartip. That makes the sound natural and airy with full bass, smooth vocal and sparkling but not piercing treble.
I have a pure copper cable (**** 4 core balanced 2.5 mm) and the FiiO pure silver cable (LC2.5D). I prefer the combination of LC2.5D cable + red filter + JVC Spiral dot++ for increased bass and moderately extended high frequencies. I also use the pure copper cable + green filter + Azla Xelastec eartips for enhanced mids (voices) and bass, but less extended highs. It depends on the source and mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back