FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Oct 24, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #1,126 of 2,258
Well it is subjective but I would say the BGVP DMGs. Has a similar level of SQ minus the forward upper mids of the FH5. FH5 overall I think is a better tuned iem but the DMG comes dang close. People that prefer a bit forward vocal range would prefer the FH5 of course but the DMGs has just a good detail in the sound if not better imaging vs the FH5. DMGs on sale cost $115ish. 4knowles BAs with a graphene dynamic. Havent heard them but guys are raving about the 5BA DM6 being a crazy sounding iem for the $200 asking price.

IT04 is technically better. Guys that prefer to have a silky smooth better extended treble end. More defined accurate mid range and a tight deep reaching bass end with a much wider sound. This is what the IT04 is.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #1,127 of 2,258
Well it is subjective but I would say the BGVP DMGs. Has a similar level of SQ minus the forward upper mids of the FH5. FH5 overall I think is a better tuned iem but the DMG comes dang close. People that prefer a bit forward vocal range would prefer the FH5 of course but the DMGs has just a good detail in the sound if not better imaging vs the FH5. DMGs on sale cost $115ish. 4knowles BAs with a graphene dynamic. Havent heard them but guys are raving about the 5BA DM6 being a crazy sounding iem for the $200 asking price.

IT04 is technically better. Guys that prefer to have a silky smooth better extended treble end. More defined accurate mid range and a tight deep reaching bass end with a much wider sound. This is what the IT04 is.
BGVP is really ugly on my taste. Listen them two days ago. They sounds like ibasso it04, not natural at all. Ibasso better of course, but not as naturally as Fh5.
Also ibasso uses older 30017 knowles, and fh5 uses 31082 , much smoother and softer.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #1,129 of 2,258
anyone have these and the audeze isine10 and can compare them ?
I have the isine 20. Running them stock though the dac/amp I like the fh5 better. Not that there is anything wrong with the isine(sounds really good with the cipher cable) I just like the comfort of the fh5 better. If you want a mostly open sound and can deal with the terrible behind the ear clip for the isine then it may be worth going that route. Also I don't like to eq headphones so I have a love/hate relationship with my 20's

Oct 24, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #1,130 of 2,258
A1564524-5EB8-453C-8CA6-1E2BCF605F42.jpeg
BFC1AE42-C938-45E8-8476-CA47E279953D.jpeg
Got the spinfits today. It doesn’t sound bad at all. Weird way of getting them in your ears but the size is ever so slightly big. I just ordered the cp145 since it’s a 4.5 nozzle so it should be in between the balanced and bass tip size. Also ordered the tips z reviews recommended. He mentioned the dekoni foams you just work into your ears vs waiting for them to foam to normal size in your ear so I’ll see how that goes. Love memory foam style tips just irritating when you have to take them in and out.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #1,131 of 2,258
I fitted some CP100 Spinfits today and out of all the tips I own ( CP240 spinfits, Symbio W , Comply etc) these sound the best by far to me. I'm still waiting for the spiral dots to arrive however.

Oct 25, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #1,133 of 2,258
Hopefully one of the dekoni or the spinfit cp240 do it for me, otherwise I burned €20 on those.
At the moment I have a hate-hate relation with the FH5 and it's cable from the depths of hell. People write about the awesome bass but with the stock tips I have to feed bass, that is how lacking they sound; thus no good seal at all.
Comfort? What comfort with that .... cable? It's way too heavy and clunky. I am very much inclined to send them back asap but want to give it a change with the other tips. For my daily commune I'm back the westones until I can swap the 'tips' to proper ones.

Oct 26, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #1,134 of 2,258
I finally had to let the fh5 go. While it had a nice thump and decent clarity, I had a hell of a time getting any tips to fit. The spin fits(100 and 145) as well as the dekoni bullet foams both just altered the sound from a nice thump to lean bass. Once I a/b tested to my ultimate ears triplefi 10’s I heard a loss of clarity in the mids and highs with all the tips I could try. Soundstage was wider on the tf10 too. Bass doesn’t have the nice thump the fh5 has but I was looking to replace my tf10 for a new daily driver. Shame. Maybe a revision with a longer nozzle will come out and I'll try them again. That being said the if you want a warmer iem with good bass I would recommend these.

Oct 26, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #1,135 of 2,258
Are these a waste when driven from my XZ Premium? I'm not going to invest in a DAP as I prefer to carry only one device at a time. I could think about a small external device that lifts the SQ, depending on the budget. Currently running the 1More Tripple Driver Inears but
I don't like their lack of refinement and one notish bass response anymore. Simply spoiled by my desktop setup but I'm not expecting a phone-driven IEM to come near it. Just need to best the 1 More.

What do you guys think?

Oct 26, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #1,136 of 2,258
I carry a Samsung Galaxy S8 and a Fiio M7. The M7 is small and not heavy and has enough power to drive a iem with impedance up to about 64 ohms. The M7 is able to drive my Pinnacle P1 @50 ohms with sensitivity at about 96db and my Soundmagic E80S @64ohms with sensitivity at about 102db. As far as budget goes, I've seen them go for anywhere between $195-$249 US. Another one to check out is the Hiby R3.

Oct 26, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #1,138 of 2,258
The spinfit cp240 fixes a lot of the issues I have. Ditched the stock cable and now only use the westone cable. Protip: burn the top bit of the rubber sleeving of and the mmcx will *click*.
Now just looking for that bass people describe ...

Oct 26, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #1,139 of 2,258
The spinfit cp240 fixes a lot of the issues I have. Ditched the stock cable and now only use the westone cable. Protip: burn the top bit of the rubber sleeving of and the mmcx will *click*.
Now just looking for that bass people describe ...
I mean no offense but if you don't like the FH5 so much why not just return/sell them ans stick with your UMPro30 (which if the W30 are any indication are still fantastic IEMs)?
IMO Westone's star tips are the best in the industry and I agree the FH5 cable is a little too heavy for IEMs but my Westone cables have been far from perfect too.
As for bass, the only reason I replaced my W30 was subbass rolloff, which the FH5 doesn't have.

Oct 26, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #1,140 of 2,258
Are these a waste when driven from my XZ Premium? I'm not going to invest in a DAP as I prefer to carry only one device at a time. I could think about a small external device that lifts the SQ, depending on the budget. Currently running the 1More Tripple Driver Inears but
I don't like their lack of refinement and one notish bass response anymore. Simply spoiled by my desktop setup but I'm not expecting a phone-driven IEM to come near it. Just need to best the 1 More.

What do you guys think?
FH5 bests the 1More easily. 1More isn't anything particularly special. I've tried a lot of the 1More stuff, and found them underwhelming, but perhaps they hit the price-points ok.

From memory, I'm pretty sure FH5 is better than SE535. SE535 like other Shures were overpriced per performance.

Only thing FH5 faces is the nozzle length being a bit of an issue. As long as you get the right tip/fit, you should get pretty good sound.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back