[FiiO FA1] Single Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors, Knowles Customized BA Driver, DLP 3D Printing Technology,Detachable MMCX Cable
Apr 16, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #376 of 398
@FiiO do you have plans connected with A series?
I really like FA1 in terms of it's comfort and sound as daily use phone. I have tried FH5 and FH7, but these do not fit my ears.
I would love some multi BA with neutral sound (FA7 are too warm for me) with slightly stronger sub-bass than FA1 and some better soundstage (single BAs have always some soundstage quirks).

I hope that I'll see some FA2 or FA3 soon :)

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #377 of 398
@FiiO do you have plans connected with A series?
I really like FA1 in terms of it's comfort and sound as daily use phone. I have tried FH5 and FH7, but these do not fit my ears.
I would love some multi BA with neutral sound (FA7 are too warm for me) with slightly stronger sub-bass than FA1 and some better soundstage (single BAs have always some soundstage quirks).

I hope that I'll see some FA2 or FA3 soon :)
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our product. In April, a 6-BA FA9 will be launched. We also plan to make a more high-end Hybrid IEM fh9 (at present, the ID and scheme are not determined). F9 series will discontinueted and upgrade to FH3(What's more, we should emphasize again and again that these messages should not be regarded as promises because thing change in the future ) -----https://www.facebook.com/chung.james.92/posts/2830514813723236

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 5, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #381 of 398
IMO FA1 is pretty good in terms of isolation, definitely above average. Still not the level of Etymotic IEMs, but I am using them in a loud city and it works. You can hear an ambulance, a little bit of city traffic, bus, the metro is hearable, but it's acceptable level.

May 5, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #382 of 398
IMO FA1 is pretty good in terms of isolation, definitely above average. Still not the level of Etymotic IEMs, but I am using them in a loud city and it works. You can hear an ambulance, a little bit of city traffic, bus, the metro is hearable, but it's acceptable level.
Thanks for your answer, I ask it more than anything because I am with ANC to cover the noise when I study, the truth is that I do not like them, I feel that they isolate the same or less than my previous FiiO F9 PRO. So I want to return these sony xm3 and buy some FiiO FA1 to have better insulation and above all sound.

May 10, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #383 of 398
My initial impressions of the FA1 are quite favorable. This is one excellent performing bargain that excels with the singer/songwriter genre.

After more time with the FA1, 80s pop is stellar.

Classic metal is another strong genre for the FA1.

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #384 of 398
I was experimenting with tips today. I think I found a winner. Final’s Type E tips do a great job of rounding the FA1’s bass a bit and taming some of the treble edginess. The trade off is a small loss of some soundstage width.

Jun 18, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #385 of 398
Could someone tell me how FA1 compares to FH1S?
If I'm looking for a U sound, but with good separation and detail.
They would be to complement my other IEMs.

Jun 18, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #386 of 398
Could someone tell me how FA1 compares to FH1S?
If I'm looking for a U sound, but with good separation and detail.
They would be to complement my other IEMs.

I have both the FA1 and FH1s. Neither sounds u-shaped. The FA1 is kinda mid-centric, but balanced. Middling soundstage, depth and width. Excellent layering and separation, especially when price is considered. I recommend you upgrade the cable down the road. The FA1 deserves it. Responds well to EQ.
The FH1s is a fun, carefree little gem. It excels with pop/EDM. A small v-type presentation, but mids are just slightly back. Has competent separation and layering, but not close to the FA1. I love the feel of the FH1s’ cable.
I am quite impressed with what FiiO can do for under $100.

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #388 of 398
Just grabbed a pair of FA1 to replace my dying and beloved RE400. I almost pulled the trigger on the FDX1 but eventually decided to go back to balanced armatures as I used the Phonak PFEs for 10 years and I missed their speed and layering abilities.

This excellent review convinced me not to spend €400 on a pair of Inear SD2 and to go for the Fiios instead
https://theheadphonecollector.blogspot.com/2019/03/fiio-fa1.html

I'm listening to them for about an hour and they sound just as expected, with a very balanced signature and some lovely mids. Detail retrieval is not mind-blowing but it's very good nonetheless. I feel like the white tips are borderline analytical with a slightly forward lower treble (have you noticed how similar to the PP8 the frequency response is according to crinacle's measurements?). The dark tips on the other hand are more mid centric and deliver a great timbre. No lower mids thinness or upper mids peak whatsoever. I can confirm what several said on this thread, they sound very similar to something like the HD600, with just a tad more energy in the upper mids/lower treble which can be easily equalized and doesn't sound harsh.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #389 of 398
Made some more comparisons with my RE400 and it's funny how similar those two are. The FA1 just have a touch more energy in the upper mids that needs to be equalized by 2 or 3 decibels. I tested the white tips on both and they produce the same lean/analytical neutral sound. I'm not too keen on this kind of sound but it's a great case for comparing balanced armature versus dynamic drivers :) And they do a great job at compensating the shortcomings of each technology. The RE400 sound super quick for a dynamic and the FA1 has a great timbre for a BA. You could almost be mistaken in a blind test.

With the black tips the RE400 clearly take the lead with a much better timbre... But i noticed that the dark tips of the Fiio create bloat in the bass and the midrange. So out of curiosity I tested the Hifiman tips on the FA1 and they fit perfectly! Not the small ones but the double flange or the big ones. And they totally fix the timbre while delivering much tighter bass. I think I will keep the double flange tips on these, it's a great match. Combined with the improved comfort and speed, I would say it's a good upgrade over the RE400 if you like the BA sound.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #390 of 398
I have never had the RE400 sound anything other than a shouty obnoxious mess. I don’t hear the RE400 sounding anything like the FA except in bass quantity. I am not discounting your experience or judgment at all. Many laud the RE400. It goes to show you the subjectiveness of IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back