1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO FA1 || Single Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Customized BA Driver || DLP 3D Printing Technology || Detachable MMCX Cable

First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
  1. Darren Cotter
    What is the appropriate cable replacement for the FA1? Mine has developed a fault on one side, so just want the same cable again.

2. mrs1986
  3. Darren Cotter
    Thanks. I did see these and thought they weren't the right ones, as they aren't braded like the FA1's cable.

4. chupacabra314
    Hi @Brooko, question for you. Been comparing your measurement graphs of the FA1 and the FH5 one here. On the FH5 700Hz is 0dB, 50Hz is at +8dB, 2.2kHz is +9db and 7kHz is +6dB. For the FA1 we have 0db for 800Hz, 60Hz is at +7dB, 2.8kHz is at +8dB and 6-7kHz is at +8dB.
    What I see is that the two are very close in measured frequency response, yet everyone says FA1 has significantly less bass qty than the FH5 and is colder. Would you agree, and if yes, how would that explain the similar FR graphs? Thanks.

5. Luigi Milazzo
    For those who’d want a more full subbass on the fa1, the new over ear closed back cans AKG K371 do this job with smoothness and grace.

6. Brooko Contributor
    Better to look at the two matched up :) Easier to make the comparison then.

FA1 vs FH5.png

As you can see - while the shape is very similar - they are actually quite different.

Firstly - the FH5 has a DD for bass, while the FA1 has a single BA. The DD will always move more air - regardless of what the graphs say. So the bass tends to be more impactful on the FH5 and have a little more timbre. The FA1 is faster and a little lighter. Now - looking at the upper mids and lower treble. The FH5 is over-emphasised, with a big peak at 2-3kHz. This can be a little shouty or grainy. The FA1 has much better balance. The FA1 is flatter overall, where the FH5 is more Vshaped.

PlantsmanTX and chupacabra314 like this.
First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23