[FiiO FA1] Single Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors, Knowles Customized BA Driver, DLP 3D Printing Technology,Detachable MMCX Cable
Feb 14, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #167 of 398
@maira
Well, if you think the FH5 is too warm, you'll probably want to look at a pure BA rather than have any DD in there. The FA1 would fit that bill. I am a huge fan of Campfire Audio so they have an IEM to fit almost everyone's budget...maybe something along the lines of the Orion or Comet?

I like the FA1 and it matches a lot of what I want for a signature, except I could use some more bass (what I have the FH5 for).

Hope that helps...

Feb 14, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #168 of 398
@maira
Well, if you think the FH5 is too warm, you'll probably want to look at a pure BA rather than have any DD in there. The FA1 would fit that bill. I am a huge fan of Campfire Audio so they have an IEM to fit almost everyone's budget...maybe something along the lines of the Orion or Comet?

I like the FA1 and it matches a lot of what I want for a signature, except I could use some more bass (what I have the FH5 for).

Hope that helps...
I agree about the fa1 and the bass signature, but since I use the fa1 for night time use with my btr1k at low volume this has not been a problem.

I like to use the fh5 & fa7 for bass and music listening with the q5; I use the sony mdr-1am2 for when I want even more bass, but I am finding I am not using the sony very much. It is what I take when traveling and pack it with my q5 in an easy to assemble package.

Feb 15, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #169 of 398
@Richsvt @sidecross

Thanks for your answers! Maybe "warm" was not the correct word. I think FH5 with M5s really sounds fantastic with Jazz, acoustic music, later Talk Talk and even with Nick Cave (Push the sky away) or some older Depeche Mode. But with Nirvana or Smashing Pumpkins there is something too much for my taste in the lower frequencies.But i am not shure, what exactly it is.

Do you think FA1 is equal (or better) than Ibasso IT01(s) or Comet?

Feb 15, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #170 of 398
I have not head the IT01s but I have the IT01 and had the Comet. The 01 is a DD so not a great comparison as it really delivers much more bass content than the FA1. The Comet is much closer to the FA1 and while it did sound pretty good, I could not get a good fit no matter what I did so it did not stay long. I really like the FH5. But as someone has said, maybe a hybrid is not your cup of tea.

My suggestion is to give the FA1 some more head time and adjust to what it is delivering. After a couple weeks, you may hear different things from it. Hard to get an impression in a short time. I'm still adjusting to it. Doesn't help when I bounce to different pieces, sort of have to start all over again...

Feb 15, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #171 of 398
@Richsvt @sidecross

Thanks for your answers! Maybe "warm" was not the correct word. I think FH5 with M5s really sounds fantastic with Jazz, acoustic music, later Talk Talk and even with Nick Cave (Push the sky away) or some older Depeche Mode. But with Nirvana or Smashing Pumpkins there is something too much for my taste in the lower frequencies.But i am not shure, what exactly it is.

Do you think FA1 is equal (or better) than Ibasso IT01(s) or Comet?
I use the fa1 for all night listening at lower volumes for both music and spoken word; at this volume the fa1 is very good. Add to that the excellent fit and low mass makes for wearing 10 hours very comfortable. I am very pleased with the fa1.

Feb 17, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #175 of 398
No - it’s a BA based IEM.

Feb 17, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #177 of 398
Just got these today as I had a $20 Amazon credit. Only all BA I have had before is the B400, it was good but lacked the bass I crave. Wasn't sure about these but it does the job satisfactorily. Running with stock cable and tips to get used to the sound before swapping to a balanced cable. Stock tips that came installed are working perfect for me.

20190217_162227.jpg

Feb 17, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #178 of 398
I really like the looks of the red/blue. I got the gray, and while they are nice, I like the easy r/l identification. I have the solid red/blue on the IT01, it looks better with the FA1.

Feb 18, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #180 of 398
I currently have the Fiio F5 which I use with the Fiio Q1Mk2 amp/dac through the balanced cable. They sound ok, but they are too on the warm side an the treble is a bit too polite.
Does anyone know if the FA1 would be a significant upgrade? Some people describe them as smooth/sweet, which I am not looking for, others as balanced with a touch of warmth, but still sparkly and detailed in the mids and highs, which seems a better fit for me. I listen to a lot of guitar-driven music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back