[FiiO FA1] Single Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors, Knowles Customized BA Driver, DLP 3D Printing Technology,Detachable MMCX Cable
Apr 15, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #272 of 398
The Mee Audio M6 Pro 2nd Gen. is rated IP5 for water resistance. That means "Water projected by a nozzle (6.3 mm) against enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects." No kidding.
The FA1 has a tiny air vent in the shell adjacent to the antitragis, so, technically, it's not waterproof per a direct spray standard. I'm ok with that.

Apr 15, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #273 of 398
The FA1 has a tiny air vent in the shell adjacent to the antitragis, so, technically, it's not waterproof per a direct spray standard. I'm ok with that.
Well, I know you don't expect the headphones you use when working out to be sprayed with water from a pressure nozzle, LOL. I just think the parameters of that standard are kind of amusing.

Apr 15, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #274 of 398
BA directly in the nozzle and there is no nozzle guard...I personally wouldn't wear them running

I use my iBasso IT01 at the gym as they are pretty bass heavy to help block out noise and also seal pretty well.

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #275 of 398
Dear friend,

Without a filter net in the nozzle, you can get the better sound quality, and it will not affect normal use. In addition, it is easier to remove something like earwax under this design.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 22, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #277 of 398
I got mine a few days ago. They are comfortable but push a bit. Maybe I have to get used to it first, it's my first of its kind. I hope foam tips do it better, can anyone recommend one?
I haven't tested them with the FA1 as the stock medium tips work surprisingly well but Dekoni Bulletz are my favorite foamies

Apr 22, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #278 of 398
I got mine a few days ago. They are comfortable but push a bit. Maybe I have to get used to it first, it's my first of its kind. I hope foam tips do it better, can anyone recommend one?

Mine pushed a little bit at first. After a couple of weeks, my ears adjusted to them. Smooth sailing now. Loving the soundstage on these for the price. And they're a LOT more neutral than I was expecting.

Apr 23, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #279 of 398
I'm not sure. The deadline for the return is still running. I am a student and 119€ are very much for me. I do not want to take any risk. The Audio Tin T3 looks more comfortable for me, I use it mainly in the library so at normal volume others should not hear what I am listening to.

Dose someone have booth of them?

Apr 23, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #280 of 398
I'm not sure. The deadline for the return is still running. I am a student and 119€ are very much for me. I do not want to take any risk. The Audio Tin T3 looks more comfortable for me, I use it mainly in the library so at normal volume others should not hear what I am listening to.

Dose someone have booth of them?

I did. The T3 were too bassy for me. Outside of that, they were amazing. Slightly mid forward and decent highs. Ended up selling my T3 and keeping the FA1 because of their neutrality and soundstage.

Apr 23, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #281 of 398
I did. The T3 were too bassy for me. Outside of that, they were amazing. Slightly mid forward and decent highs. Ended up selling my T3 and keeping the FA1 because of their neutrality and soundstage.

I have the FA1 sent back today, I have to wait until the T3 are there.
The FA1 sound great! I hope the T3 are the same but sit comfortably

May 4, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #282 of 398

I have received the T3 today, they actually have more bass but that's what I missed with the FA1. They sound really good and the comfort is much better. I am happy :)

May 30, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #284 of 398
Really nice IEM. Very comfortable, great sound clarity. I like them in fast and heavy music.
Soundstage is decent, it is not 'stadium effect', but it feels like a concert in average size hall. For symphony it may be slightly too narrow, but for metal music it is enough.
For its price FA1s are really great deal.

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #285 of 398
I received my FA1 yesterday.
The first listening tests left me a bit disappointed because they sound very cold, thin and dry respect to Sennheiser Momentum IEM I was using before.
Mids and highs are good but the bass response is very weak.
Maybe the FH1 would suit my taste better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back