FiiO EM3 - Impression and Discussion
Mar 25, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #62 of 362
I really like just how slender and clean the design is on this earbud. Looks very light and comfortable.

I would love to see Fiio take on a tip-mounted micro driver, ala. JVC HA-FXH30. Keep it under 100 bucks, all-metal housing, preferably aluminum to keep it light. Signature could be reasonably neutral with slightly forward mids and a bump to sub-bass. Awesome!

Mar 25, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #63 of 362
EM3 vs Monk is indeed going to be interesting.

I'm looking for a good sounding budget earbud with in line mic :wink:

Mar 25, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #66 of 362
Never tried any Fiio product yet. Though from whatever I read a lot their house sound is definitely of my liking... Warm and smooth. I hope EM3 would follow the trend.

Mar 25, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #67 of 362
It was many years ago when I decided on a whim to upgrade my cheap walkman earbuds with Sennheiser ones that I started on the journey that led me to this community. I'd like to see how much normal earbuds have evolved over the years compared to cheap IEMs.

Mar 25, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #69 of 362
I would like to see the Fiio earbud equivalent to the X7. This would be a hammer.

What I would like to see even more is a Fiio EM3 with Android phone control capabilities (micro, volume control etc.)

Mar 25, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #70 of 362
A great sounding earbud? Awesome! This is a great alternative to the plethora of IEM choices out there - especially for those of us who like to remain aware of our surroundings when we are out and about.

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #71 of 362
I would really like to check these out. I have some Monks on order, and would be counting the days (if I had any idea). It will be interesting to compare them to the ear buds of old.

Mar 25, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #75 of 362
The problem with all ear buds for me, including the M3 bundled ones here are that without something to hold them in my ear, they are literally not usable in my ears as they fall out super easily.

I purchased these Ear Hoox for my VE Monks but just tried them out with the EM3 predecessor, the nameless M3 bundled buds and they are now very usable and comfortable!

Excellent sound quality for bundled ear buds on a $55 DAP; I'm going to buy the EM3 for the microphone, better SQ at 47 Ohm.

(Incidentally, the M3 buds do have the appearance of a microphone and apparently fool my iPhone into thinking there should be one as I can't use my handset mic when I am using my M3 buds - have to unplug them.)

Bundle some ear hooks with the EM3 and raise the price $3 and you have a TOTAL winner. :slight_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back