FiiO EM3 - Impression and Discussion
Apr 11, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #272 of 362
As the tears of a thousand flies rained down upon the wits of the unholden, the salad was Finished. And it was over. The end of an era. The collective starvation was held at bay. A bay in which there is no more sadness, no more suffering, and ultimately, ...no more French Dressing.​
the dividing fork pegged the question and created a statement​
It showed us the direction in the road through whch we all must travel​
In life there must be, death​
for berth ( birth ) there must be burial.​
The seasons' pass.​
Use your pass well.​
For it is a gift​

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #274 of 362
share with us what kind of earphone that you would like us FiiO to design in the future, such as the price, type, function, appearance or sound quality of it 

Aiite, here we go.

This applies not only to FiiO but to all audio gear manufacturer.

I really want a pair of IEMs that don't break. I want them to be tough as hell, or at least withstand the strain cause by accidentally sleeping on them when listening to music before sleeping. I want the cables to maintain a sleek straight shape and not warp and curve in an ugly fashion. That's one of my biggest issues with IEM today. I want a life proof IEM.

And, to be absolutely honest, my experience with IEMs is minimal. But for the love of god someone point me to a pair of IEMs that have mids on par with a good pair of open-back cans. Every IEM I've tried, which isn't a lot, has some shoddy, veiled lower mids, and it makes me cringe. FiiO, if you make a new pair of IEMs, make sure that doesn't happen. :)

I want a neutral IEM as well. No more V-shaped sounds. We get a lot of that out here. 

Finally, lets increase  that soundstage. Maybe dual drivers? 

And of course, while I'd be willing to pay a premium for such a device, cheaper the better. Maybe under $50 USD. I'm asking a lot, but I think it can be done.

Apr 12, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #275 of 362
I like the idea of bullet proof too. Although I do prefer over ear or on ear to Iem so I would like to see a top end portable on ear. Something comfortable with top end detail and sound stage.
A premium headset maybe even Bluetooth if possible?
Could dual drivers be incorporated into these as a USP? (I have only seen multi drive iem).
And last to add to my wish list would be good resistance to the wet as a scuba diver.

Apr 12, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #276 of 362
I like the idea of bullet proof too. Although I do prefer over ear or on ear to Iem so I would like to see a top end portable on ear. Something comfortable with top end detail and sound stage.
Could dual drivers be incorporated into these as a USP? (I have only seen multi drive iem).
And last to add to my wish list would be good resistance to the wet as a scuba diver.

And
Something of the sort would indeed be interesting.

Apr 13, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #278 of 362
Discovered something interesting with the Em3 today. So the foams that are included in the box are a bit on the thicker side and reduces the treble to more mellow levels. But while I was trying the EM3 with the Baldoor/Mrice E100 full foam covers. I was surprised to find that it sounded much better than with the stock cover.

The E100 foam is much thinner than the stock full covers, taking the edge off the treble, but retraining a nice sense of air. With the stock foam cover, the sound is warm, soothing and easy to listen to while studying or relaxing. But for more critical listening, the stock full foam takes reduces too much treble for my tastes. The E100 foam is perfect, just thick enough to still give a nice energetic presentation that is also easy on the ears, compared to the EM3 naked.

FiiO, I would recommend having someone in the staff trying to combo for yourself, especially with acoustic music to see what I mean about retaining a sense of air. A thinner set of full foam covers is important for the EM3 imo. I am glad I waited before writing my review of it as this changes a few things for me. 

Apr 13, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #279 of 362
Discovered something interesting with the Em3 today. So the foams that are included in the box are a bit on the thicker side and reduces the treble to more mellow levels. But while I was trying the EM3 with the Baldoor/Mrice E100 full foam covers. I was surprised to find that it sounded much better than with the stock cover.

The E100 foam is much thinner than the stock full covers, taking the edge off the treble, but retraining a nice sense of air. With the stock foam cover, the sound is warm, soothing and easy to listen to while studying or relaxing. But for more critical listening, the stock full foam takes reduces too much treble for my tastes. The E100 foam is perfect, just thick enough to still give a nice energetic presentation that is also easy on the ears, compared to the EM3 naked.

FiiO, I would recommend having someone in the staff trying to combo for yourself, especially with acoustic music to see what I mean about retaining a sense of air. A thinner set of full foam covers is important for the EM3 imo. I am glad I waited before writing my review of it as this changes a few things for me. 
you need to try very airy new foams from Monk Plus, the result can be interesting..
12973585_1039435392817606_8753441316401241737_o.jpg

Apr 14, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #282 of 362

I had a similar experience with the Monk and thin Sennheiser foams from the MX470. Kept the upper end energy while maintaining most of the warmth of the dense stock foams. Tried the same foams on the EM3 and they still sounded a bit too muffled for my liking. If you have any donuts, give those a whirl. They really work wonders for the EM3, letting them stretch their legs and go.

Apr 14, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #283 of 362

I had a similar experience with the Monk and thin Sennheiser foams from the MX470. Kept the upper end energy while maintaining most of the warmth of the dense stock foams. Tried the same foams on the EM3 and they still sounded a bit too muffled for my liking. If you have any donuts, give those a whirl. They really work wonders for the EM3, letting them stretch their legs and go.

I have tried with them doughnuts and didn't like the results, making me think the EM3 were tuned with full foam covers in mind. Not a fan of the tonal balance with doughnuts or naked, but thats what foams are for :)

The E100 foams are quite thin but will try em also with the Monk plus foams when I get those in.

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #284 of 362

I have tried with them doughnuts and didn't like the results, making me think the EM3 were tuned with full foam covers in mind. Not a fan of the tonal balance with doughnuts or naked, but thats what foams are for :)

The E100 foams are quite thin but will try em also with the Monk plus foams when I get those in.

I'm in the opposite boat, haha. Then again, I do prefer products that are generally considered quite energetic *cough* JVCs *cough*, so it makes sense I would prefer them with donuts or naked. 

Also looking forward to giving them a whirl with the Monk+ foams. That accessory kit looks fantastic. Ear guides ftw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back