FiiO EH3 NC- aptX/aptX Low Latency/LDAC/aptX HD,50 hours battery life,1000 hours standby time,Bluetooth 5.0,ADI noise cancelling technology,One-touch NFC,Large 45mm drivers
Nov 12, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #47 of 137
Wow, it's actually cheaper today than yesterday, 210$CAD on Aliexpress with coupons

Nov 12, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #48 of 137
Wow, it's actually cheaper today than yesterday, 210$CAD on Aliexpress with coupons

Does alliexpress accepts returns? Like Amazon?
What if its not to my taste or convenience

Nov 12, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #49 of 137
Nov 13, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #50 of 137
Does alliexpress accepts returns? Like Amazon?
What if its not to my taste or convenience
Some products, yes, but usually it's tied down to Buyer Protection where you need to undergo a dispute process. With many stores that use dropshipping it can be a problem where the seller is incompetent and makes some inexplicable excuse that Ali mods side with, but since you are dealing with Fiio Official it should be fine.

Nov 13, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #51 of 137
It would be nice if you could tell us how much DB the noise cancelling does, I believe Sony and Bose both advertise how much they do.

It's 30 dB ± 5 dB of ANC ...and as I just got them yesterday, it' quite OK so far! Not top notch, but really good, especially for this price. Look at my first impressions thread here in the forums if you want to know more.

Nov 13, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #52 of 137
Dear friend,

No. The EH3NC doesn't support HWA Bluetooth codec.

Best regards
Here is a screenshot I made yesterday from the FiiO Music App connected to my EH3 NC and it looks like these cans do support HWA!?
Screenshot_20191112-202630_FiiO Music.jpg

Btw, they also support SBC of course, but it only shows up at the status page at the app when you deselect all of the above codec choices and hit the confirm button, then the EH3 NC switch to SBC.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #53 of 137
Droid23's impressions, to save time for those interested: link

Nov 13, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #54 of 137
Here is a screenshot I made yesterday from the FiiO Music App connected to my EH3 NC and it looks like these cans do support HWA!?

Btw, they also support SBC of course, but it only shows up at the status page at the app when you deselect all of the above codec choices and hit the confirm button, then the EH3 NC switch to SBC.
Dear friend,

Thanks for the kind feedback. We will remove this mistake in next app update.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 15, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #56 of 137
Hello

Today i got headphones from aliexpress. Build quality is great and headphones have very nice and modern look. Comfort is for me excelent, i have no problem with earpads or headband. Overall sound is good accross all genres.

My biggest complaints about headphones are:
1. They are very loud. For example I tried connect headphones with usb cable to my pc and on level 6/100 my ears hurt... Similar situation is on android with bluetooth, 10/100 sound level is dangerous for my ears.
2. ANC ON - i never had ANC headphones. Its weird for me, when i turn ANC on, i can hear hiss- something like ambient noise, waterfall, ocean sound.... In silent enviroment is ANC unsuitable
3. Without ANC i can still litlle hiss - when music play but its not loud i can hear little hiss in background
4. In fiio music app - setting for eq doesnt work for spotify,youtube... This is big problem for me i want app when I have option to set profile for headphones for every app(or global), not only for music playing in Fiio music app. I think most customer who will buy this headphones will be using streaming services like spotify,tidal...

Question. Do you plan release firmware updates in the near future ?

Nov 16, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #57 of 137
I got mine in the mail today. It may be the fastest aliexpress order I've ever gotten. Initial impressions were interesting. I fought with the equalizer for a while trying to find a balanced sound. It seemed constrained in the middle. After a while, the headphone either trained my ears (always a consideration audio that is often discounted as a factor) or they burned in somewhat. In either case, I'm going to let these "cook" for a while before I reach a judgment. All listening done via LDAC as that is the primary reason I got them. If anybody else on this thread has them, I highly recommend giving them time to adjust (either your brain or the diaphragms) which ever is the variable most significant.

Nov 16, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #58 of 137
Just ordered. They arrive Tuesday. Will Compare with my Lagoon Anc.

Nov 17, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #59 of 137
Would be nice if some folks could compare theis vs sonys

Nov 18, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #60 of 137
I received mine last Thursday and my initial thoughts on the sound was that it was a little bass heavy. Up to now I've been using a set of Tin HiFi P1's and a Fiio BTR3 as a daily headset and in comparison the EH3's don't sound as 'clean' and 'precise', everything feels less detailed.

My one minor annoyance with them is that the On and Off sound are the same! So audibly I cant tell if I'm turning them on or off when I press the button. They also did this in a recent update to the BTR3.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back