FiiO EH3 NC- aptX/aptX Low Latency/LDAC/aptX HD,50 hours battery life,1000 hours standby time,Bluetooth 5.0,ADI noise cancelling technology,One-touch NFC,Large 45mm drivers
Nov 10, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #32 of 137
How does tuning differ between BT, ANC and ANC off? Can they be used with completely no power?

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #35 of 137
These or Sony 1000xm3

I heard a prerelease sample at CanJam London in July. Based on what I heard back then, my personal opinion would be
  • EH3 NC for sound quality. To my ears the XM3 sound dark and murky and not very enjoyable. I thought EH3 NC sounded much more opened-up. Personally I like a little more top end clarity than I heard in that months-ago sample, but nonetheless the headphone I heard was one I would happily recommend to friends.

• Sony for noise cancellation. I thought EH3 NC was still very good – honestly I was quite impressed and based on its performance at CanJam I think the NC would be completely satisfactory for my needs including the London Underground – but it was not at the level of Sony's supernaturally absolute NC.

• Comfort, for me, would be a tie between the two.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #36 of 137
$180 - 200 is killer price? site unseen? crap there are MANY models on amazon that can be had at better than this price that are proven to sound good. Like, several. Hell, even Senns and MD's are only like 25 - 50 away right now. Senn Momentum 2s are 199 - I know they sound and look amazing. Maybe older tech but as long as it sounds good,new tech doesn't matter if they sound like crap or have connection issues. Not saying these do but, many do.

So by your logic every new product should be released at half of market value so as to avoid potential disappointment because there are cheaper products in the market that are proven?

fiio is no longer a company in its infancy. They have released product after product that represent great value in a market flooded with expensive options. You could say in fact that they have represented these other options you speak of in the past.

If the sales folks at fiio believe this is worth the rrp, then I tend to believe them at this point and if at the end of the day I subjectively don’t enjoy the product then so be it.

Nov 10, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #37 of 137
Looks like something I can compare to my m&o bt headphone
It's not likely to improve on my M&O's speedy beryllium drivers but, I find walking around with the ES100 dangling from them to get LDAC from LG V20 not the easiest form factor. IT does sound much better then the stock SBC, in that configuration, but ANC LDAC over ear headphones are all pretty rare and expensive, the Sony's, Toshiba and little else. For $179 these look worth a shot. The Fiio reputation is very good on Head-Fi and throughout Asia. As theri first over ear, it should be interesting.

Nov 10, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #38 of 137
产品介绍EN1_09.jpg
产品介绍EN1_10.jpg

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 11, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #39 of 137
Dammit! Why am I only discovering these now?!?! I bet they were available to demo in Shanghai this past weekend, I would have loved to have checked them out. Don't have ANC headphones yet, I would definitely be interested.
I'll have to wait for feedback on here. Great price and, as others have said, Fiio have proved themselves to me multiple times.

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #40 of 137
Its not on sell on amazon.ca in canada yet?

I whant to buy one right now!

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #42 of 137
Right now, the only 2 places where I have seen them on sale are HIFIGO and AliExpress.

I dont trust aliexpress lol neather alibaba what funny names for sites to try copy Amazon and Ebay's hmmmm

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #43 of 137
I dont trust aliexpress lol neather alibaba what funny names for sites to try copy Amazon and Ebay's hmmmm

JD and TaoBao also have them, don't know if you'll also be prejudiced against those sites though...

Nov 11, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #44 of 137
Nov 11, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #45 of 137
So by your logic every new product should be released at half of market value so as to avoid potential disappointment because there are cheaper products in the market that are proven?

fiio is no longer a company in its infancy. They have released product after product that represent great value in a market flooded with expensive options. You could say in fact that they have represented these other options you speak of in the past.

If the sales folks at fiio believe this is worth the rrp, then I tend to believe them at this point and if at the end of the day I subjectively don’t enjoy the product then so be it.
The price point is reasonable by my book, except for the fact that it does not have ambient hearthrough. I'm looking for a reasonable and newer alternative to the 1000XM3 at a lesser price that still has a Type C charging port. Otherwise, Meizu HD60 is another option I'm looking at at a lower price point, but I can't tell if it has ANC or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back