FiiO E9 Review
Dec 22, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #421 of 1,324
Riku u were rite!!! i just had to set the usb audio DAC to default and it worked! Thanks so much! This method should sound better than using the line out cable right?

Dec 22, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #422 of 1,324
Yes; connecting to the E9 through the 3.5mm line-in means the E7 is being bypassed and therefore not handling the digital-to-analog conversion process. Unless you have a better DAC, always use the USB-in when possible.

Dec 23, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #425 of 1,324

Quote:
recieved the replacement fiio e9 today. its the new one with the front dial with a painted white line. now working splendidly with my e7 docked :)

Hey Shabs, were you able to diagnose the specific problem with your E9? I have been hearing crackling on any type of audio file, including youtube videos. I was worried that it was actually a problem with my new beyers, but after trying a different pair of the same model, I was still hearing annoying crackling sounds. Should I RMA my unit?

Dec 24, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #426 of 1,324
hi, the crackling was probably because of the cheap electronics on my pc's motherboard. it only occured when i played a youtube vid (only youtube streams) at above 360p. when i play on my laptop, i dont hear any crackling. if the problem persists on everytjhing its most likely your fiio e7 and because you paid good money for it, you should be able to rma it. the signal goes through your motherboards usb, if i was you go to a mates house and try it on a different system with a decent motherboard. it may be worth noting that my laptop has winxp and my pc has win7
btw my problem was that the right channel just went silent when under normal use listening to flac files (only problem with e9), thats why i was sent aother e7 which did the exact same thing. so i shipped back the new e7 and my previous e9 (the other e7 also crackled when changing the youtube stream to above 360p, to get around crackling temporarily, i had to go to speaker properties > advanced> and then keep switching from cd quality ro dvd quality)).  i was then sent a new e9 which now works great. in essence, i troubleshooted myself. youtube wasn't a major issue because i could play at 360p. 
Quote:
Quote:
recieved the replacement fiio e9 today. its the new one with the front dial with a painted white line. now working splendidly with my e7 docked :)

Hey Shabs, were you able to diagnose the specific problem with your E9? I have been hearing crackling on any type of audio file, including youtube videos. I was worried that it was actually a problem with my new beyers, but after trying a different pair of the same model, I was still hearing annoying crackling sounds. Should I RMA my unit?

Dec 24, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #427 of 1,324
Okay, I'm starting to get the static/noise when adjusting the volume with the E9. A non-issue as it's not like I adjust the volume when listening to music, but it's definitely there. What's funny is that I can only hear it on the right channel.

Definitely not something I'd return/exchange my E9 for.

Also to note, it only happens once in awhile. I can't make it happen all the time.

Dec 24, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #428 of 1,324

Thanks. I feared that this was the case. I'm going to flash my motherboard's BIOS. If the company that designed it has updated the firmware to remove any bugs related to audio, this could fix the problems. Otherwise, I guess im out $150 for a new one :p (or at least an audio card)

also,I already know that the e7 works fine. there is still a possibility that it could be the e9, because i have not tried it on any  other pcs.
Quote:
hi, the crackling was probably because of the cheap electronics on my pc's motherboard. it only occured when i played a youtube vid (only youtube streams) at above 360p. when i play on my laptop, i dont hear any crackling. if the problem persists on everytjhing its most likely your fiio e7 and because you paid good money for it, you should be able to rma it. the signal goes through your motherboards usb, if i was you go to a mates house and try it on a different system with a decent motherboard. it may be worth noting that my laptop has winxp and my pc has win7
btw my problem was that the right channel just went silent when under normal use listening to flac files (only problem with e9), thats why i was sent aother e7 which did the exact same thing. so i shipped back the new e7 and my previous e9 (the other e7 also crackled when changing the youtube stream to above 360p, to get around crackling temporarily, i had to go to speaker properties > advanced> and then keep switching from cd quality ro dvd quality)).  i was then sent a new e9 which now works great. in essence, i troubleshooted myself. youtube wasn't a major issue because i could play at 360p. 

Dec 24, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #429 of 1,324
hi flashing was not what i said. i meant the electronics on your motherboard may be cheap. bugs related to audio? it may be a hardware problem i.e. the usb electronics etc... try it on another pc prefereably with a different operating system such as xp or win 7, that would narrow down the problem. for the e9 i would check to see if its a 'docked' issue. connect your e9 to any source via line in to a mp3 player etc is the issue there? if not, then its a docked issue, get the e9 rma'ed

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #430 of 1,324
Okay, I'm starting to get the static/noise when adjusting the volume with the E9. A non-issue as it's not like I adjust the volume when listening to music, but it's definitely there. What's funny is that I can only hear it on the right channel.

Also to note, it only happens once in awhile. I can't make it happen all the time.

I have the same problem, but it make me nervous, just the right channel.

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #433 of 1,324

Quote:

I have the same problem, but it make me nervous, just the right channel.

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #435 of 1,324
Quote:
I really wish someone with some higher end headphones would review the e9.  I am curious how it performs with something like the lcd2 and for a real test of it's merits the he6.  

I know handles the T1 fine and does it great justice. Someone also said it powers the K1000 fine, but is not the best amp they've heard with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back