FiiO E7 Speculation Thread
Jul 4, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #62 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
E7 - AMP+DAC, cheaper than the competitors, OLED screen, small, dock-able, meant to be an upgrade for notebook user but still usable with DAP.

Can you elaborate on these features? I mean, what would the screen display? And dockable? to/with what?

Jul 4, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #64 of 82
I am not trying to be secretive but I have agreed not to share any information unless they have been previously released. All I can say is, it is not difficult to figure out the possibility of the design from the info we discussed here.

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #65 of 82
Well, I appreciate what you've brought to the conversation. I'm just curious like everyone else following the thread.

Seems a little overkill to include a display solely for the volume, and even if it indicates which input is being used for the DAC.

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #66 of 82
Will the E1 be more of a features than a SQ upgrade from the E5? It is just I will be getting an E5 next week for a long trip with my ipod classic.

Jul 8, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #68 of 82
i think he meant E7 can be docked into a dock that is connected to desktop pc usb. I dont see the point since u can just plug the usb into laptop directly. Maybe the dock are meant for DESKTOP pc. But well that just add to cost of production. Same goes for OLED. Some might like it... no harm in that. As long as the SQ is improved. Especially hiss issues....

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #69 of 82
I got the E5 anyway for £14 and a LOD for £20, which makes a huge difference to improving the SQ. I get very minor hiss if I turn the volume up to maximum.

Jul 16, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #70 of 82
I think its quite clear E7 is a direct competitor to NuForce Icon Mobile.
Just a quick Qn for anyone who knows: will E7 be roughly the same size or smaller? The dock idea ClieOS mentioned earlier seems to suggest that the device is quite big?

Any comments? Thanks.

Jul 17, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #72 of 82
Quote:

I think E1 and E7 were originally scheduled for June or July release, but I can't be sure. AFAIK, there isn't any firm release date yet.

So any updates on a release or pricing? Can't wait to try the E7 out!

Jul 18, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #73 of 82
I haven't heard any update from FiiO yet, so I am waiting too.

Jul 18, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #74 of 82
Quote:

I haven't heard any update from FiiO yet, so I am waiting too.

ClieOS, now that you have Fiio’s ear, would they consider it to be worth their while to make a DAP incorporating the E7 Amp/DAC.

This would be similar in concept to the HiFiMan 801 though not as ambitious in intent and priced to Fiio’s scale?

If Fiio can make an inexpensive amp that works magic with a Sansa Clip and RE0 then imagine what they could do if they built a DAP around an E7?

Failing which, then would they consider making a basic DAP with just a line out, no gain, and we can choose whichever amp we want (probably a Fiio) to pair it. Since the E7 will accept a digital input then maybe there should be two outputs on the DAP, one digital and one normal.

Jul 19, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #75 of 82
rebski, I believe FiiO already has some kind of plan similar to what you have proposed. They already make MP3 speaker combo for a while now, so taking it to the next level shouldn't be too difficult. However, it is just one of the plan on their road map, nothing is 100% certain at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back