Fiio E5 light flashing?
Jun 4, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #16 of 18

Maybe newer E5s have a flashing red light when done charging? Mine doesn't though like the others have posted. As long as it's working... sounds fine to me. But for peace of mind you should email FiiO.

Regarding the sound quality... are you using an LOD? I'm guessing not since you are using a Fuze?  My experience with the E5 has been that if you don't use an LOD, the sound quality is a lot worse than out of the headphone amp. Too much hiss.

If you use an LOD these problems magically disappear.

Quote:
Ugh, this was my first experience with Fiio...not a good start...

The amp "works," I don't know if anything is actually wrong, though I'm not really impressed with the results. To be honest though, I had less hiss straight out of my Sansa Fuze then out of the E5, and the volume of the Fuze was generally louder than the amp, even with the volume turned up. So, I supposed it doesn't actually work, but music plays through it. I feel like the music is slightly more lively, but not by much. I wasn't expecting much out of a $20 amp, but I assumed it wouldn't make the sound worse...

I think I'll just return this...I was looking to try the Fiio E7, but I don't know if I should go with Fiio again. Maybe just bad luck, but still...Perhaps I'll save up for a D2 Boa...

Jun 4, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #17 of 18
Ah fair enough...I was using Rockbox until I had to reformat yesterday, so I couldn't use the LOD...

I guess when I get the replacement I'll use the regular firmware and get the LOD...then when Rockbox gets LOD support, I'll go with that...

I guess I'm gonna have to find someone to make an LOD for me...

Jun 5, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #18 of 18

OK - I sent the flashing E5 back to MP4 Nation. We'll see how it goes.

Edit:

Just got a replacement in the mail, so I guess that's just shy of a month and a half. It cost me $5 to mail it back. MP4 Nation said to send only the amp, no accessories. What I got back was a new E5 in the packaging with the cables, etc. The new one works fine, and the red LED doesn't flash after it has completed charging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back