FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Jun 3, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #1,411 of 1,737
Really improves my KSC75. Love my FiiO, but it makes a buzzing noise when charging
frown.gif

so I can't listen to it while charging

Jun 3, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #1,412 of 1,737
I bought the E5/RE2 combo at Head-direct for only $50 early Tuesday morning and it shipped by noon that same day. Still waiting for it to arrive of course, but this is a STEAL compared to the normal retail of $125 for both.

Jun 6, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #1,415 of 1,737
I just got my E5 + RE2 combo yesterday, and first impressions are very good. The RE2 really needs the E5 to shine- they sound thin without it.

So far I've found that my Thinkpad sounds best when paired with my Ultrasones while the RE2s greatly prefer my Zune with this amp. The E5 is more than powerful enough for the fullsize Ultrasone HFI-680s. As far as noise goes, I haven't noticed any with normal usage (source on max and the E5 for volume control). I'm surprised by the overall sound from such a small package although it obviously falls flat on its face next to my desktop setup. It had better not come close at this price.
smily_headphones1.gif

The RE2s are still burning in so no impressions yet.

Jun 13, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #1,420 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liljegren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm totally new to this amp-"scene".

I just got a pair of Grado SR80s (Love them!) and was thinking of getting a smaller amp for it. Would this improve sound noticably from my computer and iPhone?

whats the diff between SR80 and SR80i?

Jun 14, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #1,423 of 1,737
I just got a pair of JVC HA-RX700's.

I will be using it mostly with my laptop and blackberry around my house.

Do you think that the E5 will noticebly improve the sound clarity?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 14, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #1,425 of 1,737
Depends on how you use it. If you use it out of your player's headphone jack it will most likely only increase the volume, but the extra power going to your headphones will likely help them reach their full potential and help squeeze more dynamics out of them, which makes music sound better. The E5 (as well as the iBasso T4 and others) does have a bass boost switch, so if you turn the bass boost on obviously it'll boost the bass.
wink.gif

If you use what's called an LOD (line-out dock; if you have an iPod, you plug a special cable into the USB port on the iPod and the other end has a headphone jack that goes into your amp) it will likely signifigantly increase the sound quality, as it bypasses the (usually) cheap internal amplification of your player to a dedicated higher quality amplifyer (as well as having the same effects as the above paragraph).

Hope that helps
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back