FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Feb 23, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #1,141 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im amazed, what are people other than head-fiers wanting these things for? I got an email from Head-Direct saying mine has shipped already so maybe DX just isnt the best place to be ordering from, just a tad cheaper.

I am guessing that non audio people just want their music louder.

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #1,142 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw a post on erji.net where FiiO states they are selling up to ten thousand amps monthly (most likely E3 + E5 totally) , so you can imagine how demanding the two little things are.

selling like hotcakes, and they didnt even release different colours yet, lol reminds me of the model t

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #1,143 of 1,737
A bit of correction: I think they said ten thousand E5 were sold to date (since launch December 08, not counting E3). Still, that is quite an impressive number.

Feb 23, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #1,144 of 1,737
I have a Cowon D2 and Shure SE110, while I'm pretty satisfied with the mids and highs of this combo, I feel it lacking in bass and soundstage, would a Fiio E5 take care of this for me?

Feb 23, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #1,145 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by mp3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a Cowon D2 and Shure SE110, while I'm pretty satisfied with the mids and highs of this combo, I feel it lacking in bass and soundstage, would a Fiio E5 take care of this for me?

The problem is the Shure SE110, not the source of the audio (D2) which is capable of producing great bass.
I would change the Shure SE110 with some other IE that is more "bass inclined".

I don't know about the sound stage, so better to wait for other replies.

Feb 23, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #1,146 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by vampire666 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem is the Shure SE110, I would change the Shure SE110 with some other IE that is more "bass inclined".

True, I guess I was hoping to get away with a $20 Fiio, instead of splashing out $500 on a pair of Shure SE530's.
smile.gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #1,147 of 1,737
I cancelled my order @ dx a few days ago. Already got a refund. Ordered my E5 on Ebay, should be getting it on wednesday. Hope it's not fake
biggrin.gif
(not sure if there are any fakes going round).

Feb 24, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #1,148 of 1,737
Guys just go to head-direct.com

The shipping is fast and it is very cheap.

No reason to go other places unless you really need to save 3 bucks.

It was like 24 shipped

and most importantly I only had to wait like 3 days

Sounds kinda like a work there, I just had a really good experience with them/him.

Feb 24, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #1,149 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by mp3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True, I guess I was hoping to get away with a $20 Fiio, instead of splashing out $500 on a pair of Shure SE530's.
smile.gif

I think you'll still get a slight improvement on bass, but i mean dont expect a subwoofer to your ear. For the 20$ i still think its worth for you to try and if ever gift it or sell to a friend, and worse comes to worse you lose 10$ but its really worth keeping.

Feb 25, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #1,150 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcspectre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you'll still get a slight improvement on bass, but i mean dont expect a subwoofer to your ear. For the 20$ i still think its worth for you to try and if ever gift it or sell to a friend, and worse comes to worse you lose 10$ but its really worth keeping.

yes the bass boost is very nice with this little gem from FiiO, not too strong and has a gentle slope. that said, the shures need a good seal for bass and you have a very good player so i wonder if your eq is set correctly. if it is, get the amp. it's small with a big, big sound. even with full range headphones at low volume the bass boost does wonders in bringing up the bottom end. low volume doesn't seem to energise some headphones fully. i don't think your shures fit into that category though.

Feb 25, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #1,151 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by gore.rubicon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
selling like hotcakes, and they didnt even release different colours yet, lol reminds me of the model t

Fyi, I have seen Red+Black color E5 once on the web!

Feb 25, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #1,152 of 1,737
Thanks guys, I've just ordered a E5.

They do have bass, it just needs to be brought forward a bit more than the Cowon's EQ can do.
I'll try this route first, then after a while, no doubt I'll be looking for better IEM's.

Feb 25, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #1,153 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by bnr32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fyi, I have seen Red+Black color E5 once on the web!

...and that is the only red E5 prototype even produced. It belows to nsx_23 now, IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back