FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Feb 1, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #1,066 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Adding E5 via LOD might sound different from headphone-out of of Nano, but I won't expect any major improvement.

are you saying that the LOD and the headphone out wont be a major improvement or adding the fiio5 wont be a major improvement?

Feb 2, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #1,067 of 1,737
I mean TF10 is so easy to drive, amping it won't show any major improvement.

Feb 2, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #1,068 of 1,737
Just got back from Hong Kong, and managed to pick up a final-spec E5.

It does seem to sound better than the proto. I'll test out more extensively once I finish playing around with all the other toys I got back there
tongue.gif

Feb 2, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #1,069 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by jweather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you saying that the LOD and the headphone out wont be a major improvement or adding the fiio5 wont be a major improvement?

So far, I've tried iPhone 2G, iPod touch 1st Gen, iPod nano+LOD+E5+B&O A8 Earphone. The sound is so much better than just plain headphone input. However, LOD makes much bigger improvement over E5. With LOD, the sound stage is much wider, deeper, highs are so much clear, and the lowerend is not even an issue for me anymore. if you have iPhone, you really owe yourself to get LOD and E5. Now, only my E5 can function properly.

Feb 6, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #1,071 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by gore.rubicon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is dealextreme currently shipping the E5?

Yeah, DX does ship E5 now (at least when it is in stock). What they haven't do is update their website to show stock availability
tongue.gif

Feb 7, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #1,072 of 1,737
I ordered my E5 from dealextreme back on January 26th and they still haven't shipped it out yet, status says waiting for supplier

Feb 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #1,073 of 1,737
Hi there guys

I have just been forwarded from ClieOS blog site, its a great resource for people like us, thanks a lot to him for all those review.

I am a proud owner of Westone UM2 for last 9 month and simply love it!!! most of the time i use it with my Pocket pc phone to listen to music and also use Fiio E3 as a portable Amp, Now i am considering to update to Fiio E5, and as such got some question for you guys who have Westone UM2 and used both the E3 and E5.

The thing that i don't like about E3:

1) The Hiss.. which is really high and constant regardless of sound level.
2) the treble sometime E3 cuts it to very low level.
3) Interference with the phone RF

The thing that i do like about E3:

1) Very compact and light just sit quietly in my front pocket with my phone.
2) Great bass response with the UM2.

What do you thing from your experience does it worth the $20 bucks to update to Fiio E5 and will it overcome the shortcoming i mentioned about the E3? while retaining the pros of the E3??

Thanks

Feb 7, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #1,074 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by sajib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you thing from your experience does it worth the $20 bucks to update to Fiio E5 and will it overcome the shortcoming i mentioned about the E3? while retaining the pros of the E3??

In my experience, the answer to all of these questions is yes.

Feb 7, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #1,075 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered my E5 from dealextreme back on January 26th and they still haven't shipped it out yet, status says waiting for supplier

I ordered mine on Jan. 10th. It went from "waiting for supplier" for a couple of weeks, to "processing" for another couple of weeks, until it was finally shipped today.

Feb 8, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #1,076 of 1,737
Hi guys.
I was wondering if I will notice any improvement of audio quality if I buy the FiiO E5.

I will use it with my Cowon D2 16GB and Denon AH-C551.

I can already hear some hiss (it's the Cowon D2's fault with low impedance IEM's as my 16 ohm Denon)...will the E5 get the hiss even more noticeable?

Thanks

Feb 8, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #1,077 of 1,737
I have both E5 and E3 and to me the E3 sounds more natural and seems to amplify better as the E3 can bring out more details out of the music. For convenience, go with the E5. For better sound, go with the E3.

Feb 8, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #1,078 of 1,737
Do you guys think that I can have my pc set up like this?

pc spdif > DAC > fiio e5 > senn hd555?

I plan to get a "real amp" later but do you think it will be better than nothing for a bit?

I also want it so I can use it on my ipod. I just do not want to get a dac/amp combo for my pc and I cannot buy my headphones, a dac, an LOD, and an expensive amp at the same time.

Thanks

Feb 12, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #1,080 of 1,737

Users who are viewing this thread

Back