FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Dec 6, 2008 at 9:18 AM Post #632 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antony L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just in from my last nights work and mines been shipped with tracking,looking good so far
bigsmile_face.gif
i will use the e3 when the e5 is charging , wonder if my creative charger will charge the e5 safetly?

with battery charging, if its a regulated supply then it will be fine. batteries only take what they need as they need it. in most cases you can use almost any charger with any device as long as the plug fits

Dec 6, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #633 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Choral_Inc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I'm using an iPhone 3G and some SE530's, would this little amp (e5) really benefit me in terms of sound quality or anything else? All I've read so far is that I might get *more* hiss from this... :S

IMO....NO; the SE530 are very efficient and while they do benefit from amping using a line out and a decent amp; I wouldn't think they would improve too much by just amping an already decent HP out with an amp that although is definitely considered to be a giant killer; is no predator/pico/(insert favorite amp here). of course if you are using a line out with the E5 (this is possible hey its got a volume control now???) you will/should get some improvement. I think what you would be doing is called amping for amping's sake. of course since I havent heard the E5 I could be totally wrong, but on the face of things thats how I see it.

Dec 6, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #638 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by jm50 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Use the HK mail tracking service - Hongkong Post - Mail Tracking

It usually takes HK post a couple of days to show up any info.

Just to add that on some countries you can see tracking info on your national post office website.
It probably varies from place to place but on my case I can see more detailed tracking info. Useful when the package is on hold because of customs and such.

Dec 7, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #639 of 1,737
Availability most recent word:

DealExtreme ETA: 12-9-08.

MP4 Nation: Has "some to spare"; will know the quantity left on Monday. Has a further shipment coming in end-of-month.

Head-Direct.com (U.S. FiiO distributor): ETA 12-15-08 for initial 50 unit shipment.

Dec 7, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #641 of 1,737
Ordered on 26 november (!), i've been one of the first to order, but sill no tracking number or other infos...
frown.gif

My order is still listed as "processing"... a bit worried about this, noting in my spam directory and my paypal account lists as "paid"...
frown.gif

Dec 7, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #642 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by archigius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered on 26 november (!), i've been one of the first to order, but sill no tracking number or other infos...
frown.gif

My order is still listed as "processing"... a bit worried about this, noting in my spam directory and my paypal account lists as "paid"...
frown.gif

Dont worry yet, the admin said that its taking along time to upload the tracking numbers for every one.

he says on the mp4 nation forum "E5s were randomly assigned, all presale placed before yesterday have gone, please avoid emailing us asking for tracking as there is about 150+ ordres we need to manually update ontop of all the other orders that also went out, lots of darn tracking that needs to be uploaded"

Dec 7, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #643 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironmike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dont worry yet, the admin said that its taking along time to upload the tracking numbers for every one.

he says on the mp4 nation forum "E5s were randomly assigned, all presale placed before yesterday have gone, please avoid emailing us asking for tracking as there is about 150+ ordres we need to manually update ontop of all the other orders that also went out, lots of darn tracking that needs to be uploaded"

Thank for the infos, i didn't think the amps were randomly assigned.
I thought that there was an order of reservation, but there's no problem, the only important thing is that the amp will arrive soon.

I'll wait for updates from mp4nation.
wink.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 10:51 AM Post #644 of 1,737
Got mine this morning (7.30!)
My Archos 5 headphone jack is broken so I can only try it out with iriver h340/clix/e10 and there's not that much difference in sound on those players.
(With E5 of course.)

I will try it out with ipod touch later.
So far so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back