Fiio E18
Aug 17, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #152 of 2,308
Quote:
Will this thing be able to drive my Mad Dogs and K702 AEs like the E12 can?

I just bought one of the new Nexus 7 2nd gens and would love to have this DAC to go with it!

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #153 of 2,308

In my acute boyhood, I used to quote myself often, particularly while staring into the mirror and sculpting my imaginary soul patch.

I don't think I was expecting a quicker answer from FiiO at the time, but anything's flossable.

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #156 of 2,308
If the new Nexus 7 is anything like the last one in the amp and DAC department, it is a very poor device for music. Had to put it at 100% volume to power my HP100, which only need about half volume from my S4 and iPhone 4. Sounded noticeably worse also. Getting a new DAC/amp is definitely a good idea.

Aug 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #157 of 2,308
Here's the big question - we're talking about a usb dac and amp, on past notices I understand that it can work as either one at every given moment but not both... what goes? Will this one work as both on android phones?

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #160 of 2,308
Here's the big question - we're talking about a usb dac and amp, on past notices I understand that it can work as either one at every given moment but not both... what goes? Will this one work as both on android phones?

Yes it is DAC/Amp combo.
It will be able to work as:
1) DAC and an AMP both, when plugged in via USB and output via headphone out
2) DAC only, when plugged in via USB and output through LINE OUT
3) AMP only, when plugged in via AUX In and output through Headphone Out

Aug 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #161 of 2,308
When is the release?

And how is the sound going to be like? I've heard that CS DACs are not very clear and are more about the musicality than listening to music as it was meant to be - As in the CS DACs are supposedly colored is that right?

ATM I own: Sennheiser HD700/ATH-M50(Great headphones just recently got them)/AKG K271 MK2 (Not going to use them anyhow, they're not comfortable)

Will E18 work well with the first two? :D or maybe I should spend money on another headphone amp/dac? Though it's handy since it's portable and dedicated to Android.

Thanks people for the help :)

Aug 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #162 of 2,308
When is the release?

And how is the sound going to be like? I've heard that CS DACs are not very clear and are more about the musicality than listening to music as it was meant to be - As in the CS DACs are supposedly colored is that right?

ATM I own: Sennheiser HD700/ATH-M50(Great headphones just recently got them)/AKG K271 MK2 (Not going to use them anyhow, they're not comfortable)

Will E18 work well with the first two? :D or maybe I should spend money on another headphone amp/dac? Though it's handy since it's portable and dedicated to Android.

Thanks people for the help :)
For hd700, you would probably want something better. Leckerton uha-6s.mkii works with android and has a very good amp.Though it does cost more...for hd700, it's well worth it.

Aug 24, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #163 of 2,308
^^ Kimvictor is right. You should probably look for a different amp to drive the Senn HD700.
As for the ATH M50, I think FiiO E18 would be fine.

But, I think the strength of FiiO E18 will lie in the fact that it will serve as a power bank for android phones, or atleast not drain their battery, and of course reasonable price (courtesy of Fiio) and portable form factor.

Aug 24, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #165 of 2,308
Quote:
^^ Kimvictor is right. You should probably look for a different amp to drive the Senn HD700.
As for the ATH M50, I think FiiO E18 would be fine.

But, I think the strength of FiiO E18 will lie in the fact that it will serve as a power bank for android phones, or atleast not drain their battery, and of course reasonable price (courtesy of Fiio) and portable form factor.

Well, UHA-6S.MKII has a capability to turn off usb charging, so it won't drain too much battery from your phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back