Fiio E18
Nov 21, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #2,206 of 2,308
 I'm not trying to prove to you because you probably misunderstood me, I was listening to this E18 as a player, not the DAC.

Still, an audiophile cable as an audio upgrade has such a small impact on the sound that it is not worth the money. "re cabling" can change sound drastically, but I GUARANTEE that if you were blindfolded you couldn't tell the difference or it would be very minimal.

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #2,207 of 2,308
  Still, an audiophile cable as an audio upgrade has such a small impact on the sound that it is not worth the money. "re cabling" can change sound drastically, but I GUARANTEE that if you were blindfolded you couldn't tell the difference or it would be very minimal.

that's just about the minimum difference I want to mention.

Nov 21, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #2,208 of 2,308

Proven by what means? What was the process? Anecdotes or improper testing doesn't prove anything. Please be specific.

Proven - that is what I listened to and heard more detailed sound than the supplied cable, I was listening to it as amp not the DAC!

In any case this is just anecdotal. There are numerous reasons for such to only have value as a subjective opinion, which doesn't work for me as proven. If it works for you, simply enjoy it.

Nov 21, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #2,209 of 2,308
Is the DAC chip in the E18 a FiiO designed one or is it a pre-existing chip? Always been curious about this. Never took my e18 apart because it's my fallback DAC.....

Nov 21, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #2,210 of 2,308
  Is the DAC chip in the E18 a FiiO designed one or is it a pre-existing chip? Always been curious about this. Never took my e18 apart because it's my fallback DAC.....

It's a Texas Instruments PCM1798. That info is on FiiO's web site.

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #2,214 of 2,308
Hello guys! I'm new in forun and audio world and i need a portable solution for my laptop and Note 5.
I like Fiio e18 but is seems amp has a chronic problems like DAC's static or RF interference on amp section,
I keep reading some Youtube and head-fi comments but i can't see any solution for this problems also it looks to me this problems not %100 chronic, some people very happy with this device.
what do you think, is still purchasable

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #2,215 of 2,308
Hello guys! I'm new in forun and audio world and i need a portable solution for my laptop and Note 5.
I like Fiio e18 but is seems amp has a chronic problems like DAC's static or RF [COLOR=222222]interference[/COLOR][COLOR=777777] [/COLOR]on amp section,
I keep reading some Youtube and head-fi comments but i can't see any solution for this problems also it looks to me this problems not %100 chronic, some people very happy with this device.

It is a very quiet, very good device so if you're getting static it's probably a driver issue?

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #2,216 of 2,308
I like Fiio e18 but is seems amp has a chronic problems like DAC's static or RF interference on amp section,

With RFi its source dependent.  with any laptop or computer its quite but with a phone is when the rf is present.  I have stacked it with multiple phones and its the same.  when the phone's antenna is on it will receive interference but when you turn on airplane mode the interference goes away.

I wouldn't worry about it to much.  You can't hear the rfi when music is being played, you'll only hear it when theres silence in between songs.

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #2,218 of 2,308

With RFi its source dependent.  with any laptop or computer its quite but with a phone is when the rf is present.  I have stacked it with multiple phones and its the same.  when the phone's antenna is on it will receive interference but when you turn on airplane mode the interference goes away.

I wouldn't worry about it to much.  You can't hear the rfi when music is being played, you'll only hear it when theres silence in between songs.

Thanks for reply

Nov 23, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #2,219 of 2,308
  Thanks, many people says wheen phone while away there is no static in sound.

Sorry, I was only thinking about computer use for some reason. What chilaxxing said about phone interference is right :wink: I never use mine with a phone since I got the LG V10 but it is true that interference is always possible, when on cellular data (not wifi). and can be solved by moving the E18 farther from the phone.

Nov 23, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #2,220 of 2,308
  Sorry, I was only thinking about computer use for some reason. What chilaxxing said about phone interference is right :wink: I never use mine with a phone since I got the LG V10 but it is true that interference is always possible, when on cellular data (not wifi). and can be solved by moving the E18 farther from the phone.

I don't think put to amp my pocket, probably i buy e18 thanks..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back