Fiio E18
Jan 2, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #2,236 of 2,308
  Doesn't that mean you added value to the product?
wink.gif

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #2,237 of 2,308
thank you for your quick respnse!
I did a reset and seems,so far so good.
Will reply if anything weird happens.

How do you reset the E18?

Jan 26, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #2,238 of 2,308
Can anyone help regarding an e18 from HTC One M9 connection problem?

Often when turning on the e18, connected with a decent otg USB cable, my HTC M9 phone plays up.

The phones screen lock button on the home bar and the external power button become unresponsive. The screen will lock if untouched automatically, tho I can't manually lock it myself.

What's going on and why is it happening?

Thank you e18 forum readers...

Jan 28, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #2,241 of 2,308
  Yes, but it is better to use a toothpick.

Could you please explain why using a toothpick over using a pin is better?

My clumsy self would most likely break off a piece of the toothpick inside the hole...but if there's a reason that using toothpicks is better than I'll do that instead of trying to prevent myself from causing issues.

Thanks.

Jan 28, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #2,242 of 2,308

Could you please explain why using a toothpick over using a pin is better?

My clumsy self would most likely break off a piece of the toothpick inside the hole...but if there's a reason that using toothpicks is better than I'll do that instead of trying to prevent myself from causing issues.

Thanks.

No I believe you should use a paperclip as it has more pressing power than a pin (unless its a thick pin) and wont snap in the hole lol.
I snapped a toothpick in a CD drive many years ago, never again.

Jan 30, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #2,244 of 2,308
What exactly does resetting do?  Is anything stored on the FiiO E18?

Jan 30, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #2,245 of 2,308
  What exactly does resetting do?  Is anything stored on the FiiO E18?

No it is a DAC/AMP it is used to power headphones, especally high end headphones with higher impedance/power requirements. It also sports a high end DAC chip (digital to analog convertor) which means that the sound quality that it reproduces is of higher and more "true to life" quality vs a lower quality DAC (found in most common devices even portable media players and most phones).
Infact the one in the E18 is one of the best ever made as its a high end TI Burr-Brown which have always been renowned for their quality.

Jan 31, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #2,246 of 2,308

No it is a DAC/AMP it is used to power headphones, especally high end headphones with higher impedance/power requirements. It also sports a high end DAC chip (digital to analog convertor) which means that the sound quality that it reproduces is of higher and more "true to life" quality vs a lower quality DAC (found in most common devices even portable media players and most phones).
Infact the one in the E18 is one of the best ever made as its a high end TI Burr-Brown which have always been renowned for their quality.

I have the E18.  I was asking what exactly the using the pin to "reset" the E18 does, since I'm not aware that it stores any settings.

Jan 31, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #2,248 of 2,308
  I have the E18.  I was asking what exactly the using the pin to "reset" the E18 does, since I'm not aware that it stores any settings.

Perhaps it resets all of the digital logic to an initial state, in case something goes whack. If you really must know, contact FiiO and ask them.

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #2,249 of 2,308

No I believe you should use a paperclip as it has more pressing power than a pin (unless its a thick pin) and wont snap in the hole lol.
I snapped a toothpick in a CD drive many years ago, never again.

I always just use an earring. No one else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back