Fiio E18
Nov 20, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #693 of 2,308
Anyone get their e18 to work with the galaxy s4 using poweramp?

PowerAMP runs on my phone but the audio sounds distorted.  I can't really explain it, it's like the resampling of the GS4 is messing it up through the USB

Nov 21, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #695 of 2,308

PowerAMP runs on my phone but the audio sounds distorted.  I can't really explain it, it's like the resampling of the GS4 is messing it up through the USB

Go into Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks, and disable Direct Volume Control. This was one of the first things I found, although it seems that I can now use this feature (I don't know why -- maybe the 4.3 update). When I installed USB Audio Recorder Pro, I also found the same if it was left at 16 bit sound instead of increasing to 24.

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #697 of 2,308

If you're having problems getting it to work with the S4 at all (any player) then you might try updating to Android 4.3; others have been reporting that it works after updating.

yes, we can confirmed it too depended on our test. seems Android 4.3 fixed some bugs. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #698 of 2,308
Also, I updated my previous post, but it was pointed out to me that Viper4Android has the feature to 'lock effect mode' to get the headset options working with the E18; to me that alone makes it worth rooting the phone :) (but there's other stuff, too).

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #701 of 2,308
What kind of battery life are you guys getting and what kind of charge time at what amp?

Also when you restart your Android with the e18 plugged in, does it go into safe mode? I have 4.2.1 jb

Tremendous! Ridiculous! :D I dunno, but I can tell you that it lasted me three days of heavy listening, I cannot tell you how many hours they actually were, but I am more than happy with the battery, considering that from time time I charge my phone with it as well.

I've never tried restarting with it plugged though... XD

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #702 of 2,308
I ask because I can't seem to fully charge the thing. 2Amp USB charger from full dead, then 10hrs later it's still blinking on the H(igh) at the indicator...manual claims charge time of 4hrs on a 2A and 10hrs on a computer (500ma).

I'm going to put it on a timer from sleep to morning, bring it to work and see if I get the 12hrs of dac+amp stated.

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #703 of 2,308
I ask because I can't seem to fully charge the thing. 2Amp USB charger from full dead, then 10hrs later it's still blinking on the H(igh) at the indicator...manual claims charge time of 4hrs on a 2A and 10hrs on a computer (500ma).

I'm going to put it on a timer from sleep to morning, bring it to work and see if I get the 12hrs of dac+amp stated.

Ummmm... Weird... Maybe you got a peach. 
blink.gif

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #704 of 2,308

I have two 2 different 2 Amp chargers. One does the same as yours. After a few hours I unplug it, wait a few seconds and plug it back in and in a short while the E18 stops blinking. I have the same problem with a tablet using the same charger.

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #705 of 2,308
  I have two 2 different 2 Amp chargers. One does the same as yours. After a few hours I unplug it, wait a few seconds and plug it back in and in a short while the E18 stops blinking. I have the same problem with a tablet using the same charger.

I thought I would mention this just in case. Apparently the charging protocols in Android and Apple are not the same, so if you use an Apple charger for the E18 it might take longer same as if you would with an Android smartphone on an Apple charger. You will not reach the 2amps in this case and it would charge as if it were chargind through USB.

I tend to use a dual charger that has an Apple and an Android USB port. When I charge the E18 on the Apple port it takes longer. When I do it in my Note II it recognizes it as USB charging and takes longer as well, it even reads less imput amps. It is the internal circuitry regulating that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back