fiio e17 speculations?
Aug 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #151 of 352

Quote:
Probably a dumb question, but I take it that if I get the upcoming X3 and get this as a superior DAC/amp section, I can then get an L7 to use it as a pure DAC and connect to any portable amp? 

That seems possible. Though you will have to consider how much improvement you are going to get by using E17 as DAC only to feed another amp as X3 already has a line-out that you can use.

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #158 of 352

Quote:
We had decided to develop E15 first, and them we can move the same DAC converter, 96k/24bit converter and some other technology  into E17, it can decrease the risk of R/D and 

save some time. btw, E15 is more like a desktop E17 because some people ask us to develop such model.

Thats exactly what I'm looking for....something I can use on my computer setup or move over to my dedicated CD player and not have to have 2 different setups.

Nov 5, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #161 of 352
Found out something interesting about the e17, Fiio said in another thread that they were investigating the possibility of MHL support.
AFAIK this would mean compatibility with MHL supported android phones (e.g Samsung Galaxy S2) to be used as a dac! Pretty excited myself for possibly the first android-compatible dac. I could be wildly mistaken here though.

Nov 5, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #162 of 352

Quote:
Found out something interesting about the e17, Fiio said in another thread that they were investigating the possibility of MHL support.
AFAIK this would mean compatibility with MHL supported android phones (e.g Samsung Galaxy S2) to be used as a dac! Pretty excited myself for possibly the first android-compatible dac. I could be wildly mistaken here though.

And he also said in other thread that fiio have already gave up that idea
http://www.head-fi.org/t/572078/first-photo-of-e17/45

Nov 5, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #163 of 352
Thats disappointing... On the plus side, the e17 won't be delayed and since the only forseeable inhibition of developing a MHL compatible dac is power, maybe a desktop dac for android devices? Google has also hinted at opening up the mini-usb in android devices to accept other devices in the ice cream sandwich OS so im still allowed to dream :)

Nov 5, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #164 of 352
The E17 looks very nice and the specs sound great. I just about pulled the trigger on an E11, then the E7/E9 combo. I'll wait for the E17. Main use will be connected standalone to ipod and occasionally for office workstation to bypass on board sound card. The E7/E17 form factor is a big plus for me because DAC and amp are in the same compact box. I don't really appreciate the benefits of separate DAC/amp with ipod as source because this combo seems to push the boundaries of "portable" too far imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back