FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
May 16, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #1,171 of 2,388
  what are the chances of receiving fake silmic II caps when i buy them from eBay?

and i see different versions of the ha-5002; a dip version called ha3-5002, and a solder on version called ha2-5002, which ones to get, and again, is eBay a safe harbour to get them from?

Fake Silmic II on eBay - high chance. They are one of the more counterfeited caps in China.

There are only metal can and SOIC version of HA-5002 currently in production. DIP version must be old stock, or even worst, used part taken from old equipment. Regardless, you can only use SOIC version of HA-5002 as you need to use the BrownDog adapter. HA-5002 doesn't have a normal pin configuration like your typical buffer. If you plug a DIP version of HA-5002 directly into the buffer socket of E12DIY, something will burn.

May 17, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #1,172 of 2,388
Silly question...has anyone purchased a Muses02 OpAmp from these folks?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-MUSES02-High-Quality-Audio-J-FET-Input-Dual-Operational-Amplifier-/171068331568?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

If so, were the chips legit?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers and All the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

May 17, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #1,173 of 2,388
  Silly question...has anyone purchased a Muses02 OpAmp from these folks?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-MUSES02-High-Quality-Audio-J-FET-Input-Dual-Operational-Amplifier-/171068331568?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

If so, were the chips legit?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers and All the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

If those are actual photos of the chips, they look authentic but I can't speak to the authenticity of that sale but I do know this.   A real MUSES02 from Japan Radio Corporation can't be had for less than $34 (roughly at today's yen rate).  Add shipping to that ( I get chips from Akizukidenshi and shipping is $5 roughly) Then you have to mail them somewhere else.  The price looks a bit low for somebody trying to make money.

Now looking through the ad it could be possible the guy reclaims parts somehow or another and strips components from junk.   Even then the MUSES chips came out in 2009 I think. 

I personally wouldn't take the chance but I can't say the guy isn't selling real chips or not.  Could be.  

May 17, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #1,174 of 2,388
  If those are actual photos of the chips, they look authentic but I can't speak to the authenticity of that sale but I do know this.   A real MUSES02 from Japan Radio Corporation can't be had for less than $34 (roughly at today's yen rate).  Add shipping to that ( I get chips from Akizukidenshi and shipping is $5 roughly) Then you have to mail them somewhere else.  The price looks a bit low for somebody trying to make money.

Now looking through the ad it could be possible the guy reclaims parts somehow or another and strips components from junk.   Even then the MUSES chips came out in 2009 I think. 

I personally wouldn't take the chance but I can't say the guy isn't selling real chips or not.  Could be.  

Thanks for the info!  I went ahead and took the chance because I had a little cash to burn.  If it's not legit, I can always try a different means.  I haven't been burned by any folks on eBay yet, but I make sure I understand and am willing to accept the risk if I do buy from a new source.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends 

May 19, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #1,175 of 2,388
Just received my E12 DIY today and have to say, I am so much more impressed with this then my JDS labs c5. The detail is phenomenal and the clarity at lower listening levels is something I've been looking for in a portable amp for a while. The bass boost does produce a hiss, but to be honest, you don't even need it. I cant wait now to perhaps buy some muses and see what kind of results I can achieve. If i am happy with the OPA1611+LME49600 would any of you recommend muses01 over muses02?

May 19, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #1,176 of 2,388
My gold unit is SN. 01XX so I would assume the gold have their own numbering. Unless the gold occupy the first 500 numbers.

Wow, 2000 units is not that many. There were more than 2000 people in my highschool. So it's crazy to think that's all the E12DIYs that exist worldwide.

And yet you can still buy them new from distributors. I wonder how many are accounted for, and how many are still unsold.

I have a silver one that is 026X, perhaps the first 250 and last 250 are gold, would be an interesting thing to know.  
ksc75smile.gif

May 19, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #1,177 of 2,388
  Just received my E12 DIY today and have to say, I am so much more impressed with this then my JDS labs c5. The detail is phenomenal and the clarity at lower listening levels is something I've been looking for in a portable amp for a while. The bass boost does produce a hiss, but to be honest, you don't even need it. I cant wait now to perhaps buy some muses and see what kind of results I can achieve. If i am happy with the OPA1611+LME49600 would any of you recommend muses01 over muses02?

I personally think the MUSES02 sounds better in it than the 01.  To be honest I haven't listened to the 1611 Opamp yet.  I put the MUSES02 in with the LMH6321 and I'm a very satisfied listener.   For me that is the magic sound.

May 19, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #1,180 of 2,388

Say what, Willis? The E12 DIY doesn't have bass boost.

May 19, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #1,182 of 2,388

erm..i have my vote go to muses01..but pair with BUF634...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back