FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
Apr 16, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #991 of 2,388
Does Noisy Motel only sell in New Zealand and Australia?

I'm liking my DIY so much, I'm thinking about picking up another one. Anyone know a good source in the US?

Yes, thank you James for making this cool opportunity available to us. It definitely comes from a love of the idea, and not from a profit motive.

Stuff like this creates a lot of great user loyalty. I'll be coming back to FiiO in the future.

Update: I did a quick search for US sellers and Amazon has the silver E12DIY for $249.95.

There's also a third party seller through Amazon called ProStudio Sound & Music who has it for the same price. Since I pay sales tax directly through Amazon, I purchased a silver model through these guys (already own the gold). No sales tax.

For those in Canada, there's a place called Headphonebar who sells it for $209.95 plus $5 shipping. That seems like a great price! Too bad they don't ship outside Canada.

http://www.headphonebar.com/fiio-e12-diy/

If anyone knows of a better price in the US, please let me know!

Apr 16, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #992 of 2,388
How does it compare to the Matrix Quattro amp?

My Quattro is currently away being fixed (my fault), but they're hard to compare because the Quattro is balanced and has a 10 ohm output impedance (and is a desktop of course) so quite different. The Quattro sounds great in balanced operation, but only slightly better than the M-Stage in SE operation.

I'll see if I can compare driving my FA-011 LEs with both amps when the Quattro comes home and let you know as best I can.

Apr 16, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #993 of 2,388
  Does Noisy Motel only sell in New Zealand and Australia?

I'm liking my DIY so much, I'm thinking about picking up another one. Anyone know a good source in the US?

Yes, thank you James for making this cool opportunity available to us. It definitely comes from a love of the idea, and not from a profit motive.

Stuff like this creates a lot of great user loyalty. I'll be coming back to FiiO in the future.

Update: I did a quick search for US sellers and Amazon has the silver E12DIY for $249.95.

There's also a third party seller through Amazon called ProStudio Sound & Music who has it for the same price. Since I pay sales tax directly through Amazon, I purchased a silver model through these guys (already own the gold). No sales tax.

For those in Canada, there's a place called Headphonebar who sells it for $209.95 plus $5 shipping. That seems like a great price! Too bad they don't ship outside Canada.

http://www.headphonebar.com/fiio-e12-diy/

If anyone knows of a better price in the US, please let me know!

They sell some products internationally, but it depends on the manufacturer / distribution agreements. Drop them a line - you might be lucky as I know there were 2 left the other day.

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #995 of 2,388
I saw the Headphonebar offer too! Very attractive price.. Too bad they only ship within Canada.. Lucky people in Canada!

Again, I guess it's still worth it with any price tag within US$300. 
beyersmile.png

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #997 of 2,388
Hi all,

Still another newbie question.

Am I trying to order the Muse 01 and 02 through akizukidenshi.com since I have a friend visiting there but I am having difficulty ordering since I am basically just trying to google translate into english every phrase in the japanese website.

Is there an easier way to do this?

Many thanks as usual.

Cheers!

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #998 of 2,388
  Hi all,

Still another newbie question.

Am I trying to order the Muse 01 and 02 through akizukidenshi.com since I have a friend visiting there but I am having difficulty ordering since I am basically just trying to google translate into english every phrase in the japanese website.

Is there an easier way to do this?

Many thanks as usual.

Cheers!

i am buying it thru a japan buying service :) just them what are u buying they will help you...

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #999 of 2,388
  i am buying it thru a japan buying service :) just them what are u buying they will help you...

Tenso.com buying service, just to be clear.

Apr 23, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #1,001 of 2,388
Is there anywhere in the UK that an e12diy can be picked up?

Apr 24, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #1,003 of 2,388
I'm curious about the serial number on the E12DIYs. I've heard that there are only a total 2000 units worldwide, 1500 being silver and 500 being gold? Does the serial number go from 0001 to 1500 for the silver units, and then 1501 to 2000 for the gold units; or do they start again from 0001 to 0500 for the gold ones? Anyone got an idea about this? My silver unit is 08XX. 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 24, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #1,004 of 2,388
Apr 24, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #1,005 of 2,388
I'm curious about the serial number on the E12DIYs. I've heard that there are only a total 2000 units worldwide, 1500 being silver and 500 being gold? Does the serial number go from 0001 to 1500 for the silver units, and then 1501 to 2000 for the gold units; or do they start again from 0001 to 0500 for the gold ones? Anyone got an idea about this? My silver unit is 08XX. :rolleyes:

My gold unit is SN. 01XX so I would assume the gold have their own numbering. Unless the gold occupy the first 500 numbers.

Wow, 2000 units is not that many. There were more than 2000 people in my highschool. So it's crazy to think that's all the E12DIYs that exist worldwide.

And yet you can still buy them new from distributors. I wonder how many are accounted for, and how many are still unsold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back