FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
Mar 18, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #931 of 2,388
i dont know if they will take care of this or not

as i have already opened the seal and "filed" the case for muses01

it is my fault, that i didn't even test the unit first before i opened it up and start the case filing.
and rigjtbefore i first tested it, i changed the op amp to the 1611

i wonder if they will say, OO you damaged the unit already, you are on your own now.

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #932 of 2,388
  i dont know if they will take care of this or not

as i have already opened the seal and "filed" the case for muses01

it is my fault, that i didn't even test the unit first before i opened it up and start the case filing.
and rigjtbefore i first tested it, i changed the op amp to the 1611

i wonder if they will say, OO you damaged the unit already, you are on your own now.

They said warranty won't cover after the seal is broken, but they didn't say they won't help you repair it, even for a fee. Plus, there is no point guessing - just email them and see. Maybe they will consider it an exception and give it a warranty repair. You'll never know if you never asked.

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #933 of 2,388
Hi all,

Trying to read all messages in this thread, from latest going backwards, just halfway through at page 50 so not sure if this question was already covered:

Another newbie question, how does one completely remove the casing for grinding?  Does one just completely pull the entire inner board from the outer casing?

Cheers,
Rene

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #934 of 2,388
  Another newbie question, how does one completely remove the casing for grinding?  Does one just completely pull the entire inner board from the outer casing?

Yes, with care and a little push from the battery side also helps.

Mar 18, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #936 of 2,388
I sent Fiio a Email about my bad E12 DIY,

and I have just ordered a different one from the store..

Just too bad.!!!! my MUSES01 is coming in today and I don't have a good E12 diy
Errrrrrrr

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #937 of 2,388
Hi everyone
I joined the club and I need some help here. Does this BrownDog adapter with the OPA627 will work directly on the Fiio Diy without any soldering?
thx

http://cimarrontechnology.com/single-to-dualop-ampadapterpn020302.aspx

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #938 of 2,388
@ furyagain:    have you tried the reset button?  
confused.gif
  and another charger?

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #940 of 2,388
  Hi everyone
I joined the club and I need some help here. Does this BrownDog adapter with the OPA627 will work directly on the Fiio Diy without any soldering?
thx

http://cimarrontechnology.com/single-to-dualop-ampadapterpn020302.aspx

Also note that you can ONLY use BrownDog dual-channels SOIC to DIP8 adapter (*this) for E12DIY. The one you linked is for two single channel SOIC to DIP8 (singles-to-dual), and it will NOT fit inside E12DIY. Anytime you need to mount two single channel SOIC, you need to use the special adapter included with your E12DIY.

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #941 of 2,388
oo my god... this is going  to be .... stupid....
I just found out what happen to my E12 DIY...

the battery didnt plug in tight!!!!!!!!!!
i un screwed the metal plate that hold the connector, and then replug, then screw that plate back in!!

it has been running for 10 min now... no shut down!!!!!!!!!!
 damn it

I have ordered a second E12 DIY! lol

i think this is going to be bad....i may go buy a muses02 also and plug that into my second E12 DIY>>>>>
by the way i am using the E12 DIY now. with my cheap old HM-601 player,
even with that bad player it still sound pretty decent with my alpha dog!

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #945 of 2,388
This is what Fiio replied
"
Yes, we will not provide the warranty service for the E12 DIY. If your E12 DIY is confirmed to be defective and you really want to have it repaired, then we may help you repair, but you should pay for the repair fee. If any inconvenience, pls understand!
"
I do understand, I can only say I am really unlucky, for getting a bad one.
I think I may not bother sending it in, which will cost me another 20-30 on shipping and then repair cost .

I will try to confirm if was the battery issue or not,
If the battery is good ,
Atleast I can still keep the battery, the case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back