FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
Aug 21, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #126 of 2,388
By any chance. Is it possible to see the different colors voted for ? I know the choice has been made, but still eager to see the different options..

Are above the 500 pcs. Will it go into production ? Do I need to force friends to place orders 
size]

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #128 of 2,388
Quote:
Deposit paid on  Aug 22, 2013

Thanks

Another suggestion is could Fiio come out with a list of compatible chip which i can use with this unit later?

Thanks

Thanks, will add it when we back to office, but E12DIY should support all BUF in DIP8 ( single channel ) and OP in DIP8 ( two channels) or SOP8 ( single/two channels ).

E12DIY will comes with some blank adaptor for some SOP8 op amp.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 26, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #130 of 2,388
Quote:
The unassembled version costs more than the assembled version? I may as well buy an airbrush and paint these whatever color people want, then take them apart and box them up.

You are fun at parties aren't you. Do you realize the opamp/buffer combos you can do with this amp easily and you get all you need in one package? So you can find your way what suits your sound preferences best? Don't even need soldering or something.

Aug 26, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #131 of 2,388
Quote:
The unassembled version costs more than the assembled version? I may as well buy an airbrush and paint these whatever color people want, then take them apart and box them up.

Quote:
Introduction of E12 DIY limited Version

The op and buf for E12DIY includes

OP AMP:

1, OPA1611; Single channel, SOP8, 2 pcs

2, OPA604; Single channel, SOP8, 2 pcs

3, OPA&97; Single channel, SOP8, 2 pcs

4, OPA8620; Two Channels, SOP8, 2 pcs,

BUF:

1, BUF634 ; Single channel, DDPAK, 2 pcs

2, LME49600; Single channel, TS5B, 2 pcs

3, LMH6321; Single channel, SOP8, 2 pcs

So you will have 12 different combo for the OP and BUF, and the total quantity of the OP and Buf are 13pcs.

The retail price of these op/buf worth about $80 if you buy it in digi key.

Quote:

[size=10.5pt]Remark:[/size][size=10.5pt] Last but not least, rather than making profits out of the production of E12 DIY, we just want to show our appreciation to our old customers. Due to the limited quantity, we are more concerned about promoting our brand image. As a matter of fact, only the cost of the random provided high quality OP equals to the differential of the retail prices of the two versions. That is to say, we put much effort in developing this item, yet couldn’t make profits on it.[/size]

Obvious troll is obvious.

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #132 of 2,388
I wasnt trying to troll just looks like it may be possible that maybe I didnt read the whole thing :)
I know close to nothing about the technicalities of amps so all of those numbers mean nothing to me.

Aug 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #133 of 2,388
The numbers you see here refer to the pieces and the prices of the extra chips that will be included in the E12DIY package. You may don't know what they sound like but you should know they add value to the bundle. That's something even a novice should feel comfortable with.
wink.gif

I don't want to be rude but sometimes reading the first page and making use of the search button before posting appears to be a good idea (actually the first two posts would have been enough), so you might just know what the main discussion is about.
As they say, you have the freedom of speech and the freedom to make a fool of yourself.

Aug 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #134 of 2,388
Yeah I'm just happy to have signed up for what I hope will be a good compliment to my not yet decided pair of cans (gave my sh530 away). Will be fun to mix the different chips in order to find my preferred sound.

Any of you with extra interest and experience wh might suggest a good combo of the op amp and buffer ?

Or would that be impossible to have an 'intelligent' meaning about ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back