FiiO E12 Review
Nov 17, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #271 of 418
My amp came without an instruction manual. When I charge the unit the red led "pulses" what is the state of the light when it is fully charged....blinking........solid? Interesting the fiio site does not have a manual on this model.

Cheers

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #273 of 418
My amp came without an instruction manual. When I charge the unit the red led "pulses" what is the state of the light when it is fully charged....blinking........solid? Interesting the fiio site does not have a manual on this model.

Cheers

If you go to the Fiio website and look under the E12 it shows all that info you need to know about the amp including the charging system and what blinking vs solid. That's weird yours did not come with a manual.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #274 of 418
Hi All,

Does the interconnect between the source and the Fiio E12 really makes any difference at all ?
I'm using the normal stock cable that comes within the box.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #275 of 418
Hi All,

Does the interconnect between the source and the Fiio E12 really makes any difference at all ?
I'm using the normal stock cable that comes within the box.

It does if you can hear it and am willing to pay for it.

It also depends on if it matters to you on the go. 

Some can hear it, but don't care for it with on the go gear of price range X 

Some are willing to pay for it just for knowing it has improvements

etc etc

But yes, analog cables do make differences. They aren't night and day for most users that buy amps/units at this price range though as it does take a bit of practice to know what to listen for etc.

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #276 of 418
Hi John the stock item out of the box is fine. That fiio interconnect is sold as a separate item as a quality interconnect accessory and has the specs: Pure PCOCC-A Copper Wiring and a TPE Sheath with gold plated connectors 
I do not think the engineers who designed the amp, and also the interconnect would supply an inferior interconect. It makes no sense at all to make their amp sound less than its potential.  I have good looking (expensive) interconnect between my fiio e12 and astell&Kern. But only cause it looks good. Can I tell the difference in sound...well no, not at all.

Nov 28, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #277 of 418
I ordered one of these yesterday and it got sent this morning... im hoping hoping Hoping!! it will arrive today :) Seems like a fun little toy :D

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #278 of 418
I ordered one of these yesterday and it got sent this morning... im hoping hoping Hoping!! it will arrive today :) Seems like a fun little toy :D
which one :wink: I'm curious to know ?

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #279 of 418
Hi John the stock item out of the box is fine. That fiio interconnect is sold as a separate item as a quality interconnect accessory and has the specs: Pure PCOCC-A Copper Wiring and a TPE Sheath with gold plated connectors 

I do not think the
 engineers who designed the amp, and also the interconnect would supply an inferior interconect. It makes no sense at all to make their amp sound less than its potential.  I have good looking (expensive) interconnect between my fiio e12 and astell&Kern. But only cause it looks good. Can I tell the difference in sound...well no, not at all.

It does if you can hear it and am willing to pay for it.

It also depends on if it matters to you on the go. 

Some can hear it, but don't care for it with on the go gear of price range X 

Some are willing to pay for it just for knowing it has improvements

etc etc

But yes, analog cables do make differences. They aren't night and day for most users that buy amps/units at this price range though as it does take a bit of practice to know what to listen for etc.

Yes man, that does make sense. At the moment I'm using the stock interconnect supplied by Fiio due to my iPhone 5 as the source.

Nov 28, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #281 of 418
Yes man, that does make sense. At the moment I'm using the stock interconnect supplied by Fiio due to my iPhone 5 as the source.

Hi John, sorry I did not know you were connecting to an iphone. That is a different story where a specific fiio L1 LOD interconnect would be better as it bypasses the amp section of the iphone and amps the inbuilt iphone DAC. I am not an expert on I phones so guidence from an Iphone person would be of more assistance. You can pay $8 or $79 ( crazy BS)

http://store.treoo.com/main/shop-by-type/accessories/audio-cables/3-5mm-jack-interconnect-cables.html

Cheers

Jan 11, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #284 of 418
Wanna ask something... I'm using pfe112 now, its an iem and has 32 ohms. I dont really need much amplification with my iPod, I just want clearer sounding with a lod. So would buying this be considered a 'waste' when pairing up to iems?

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #285 of 418
Wanna ask something... I'm using pfe112 now, its an iem and has 32 ohms. I dont really need much amplification with my iPod, I just want clearer sounding with a lod. So would buying this be considered a 'waste' when pairing up to iems?

IEMs can be difficult.
Perhaps someone can help us out here, but I find that some of my head amp are too noisy for my Shure IEMs.
But I'm certainly NOT an expert on IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back