FiiO E12 Review
Oct 30, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #256 of 418
Thanks, guys! haha, indeed poor wallet is a problem here 
triportsad.gif

so the iPod is not the 7G! (i mean, the 7G only has only the 160gb option). A 120gb one probably is an older version, I guess. Also, I have an iPod touch 5th gen (meh), forgot to mention it! But since the upgrade  touch + a monster inspiration + s4i to the ""audiophiles"" x11i + akg I feel their potential wasted! All I wanted upgrading was a better sounding, not the inspiration still being considerable to me even having new precious friends to burn. Focusing on the long-term benefits (I mean, its a christmas investment), the x3 is still a good option? The E12 can connect to both iPods (I'm retiring the touch of it audio purpose anyway, maybe the E12 can give it a hope).. also, can I connect the E12 connect to computers? (a macbook, for example?) 

Newbie questions, but answers are valuable! Thanks again!

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #257 of 418
Thanks, guys! haha, indeed poor wallet is a problem here :triportsad:

so the iPod is not the 7G! (i mean, the 7G only has only the 160gb option). A 120gb one probably is an older version, I guess. Also, I have an iPod touch 5th gen (meh), forgot to mention it! But since the upgrade  touch + a monster inspiration + s4i to the ""audiophiles"" x11i + akg I feel their potential wasted! All I wanted upgrading was a better sounding, not the inspiration still being considerable to me even having new precious friends to burn. Focusing on the long-term benefits (I mean, its a christmas investment), the x3 is still a good option? The E12 can connect to both iPods (I'm retiring the touch of it audio purpose anyway, maybe the E12 can give it a hope).. also, can I connect the E12 connect to computers? (a macbook, for example?) 

Newbie questions, but answers are valuable! Thanks again!

It sounds like you may want the Fiio e17 from what I keep reading. The E12 is just a amp, the E17 is an amp/dac and personally to me sounds better with the iPod. The E17 has plenty of power and you can connect it to your computer and use the dac function. Both are close in price with the E17 being just 20 dollars more. 

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #258 of 418
So I can say the e17 + an iPod classic (for lossless stuff storage) worth, right? Should I also care to have an E09K? (I dunno it purpose, but looks like a very well rated combo - on amazon - and comparing, similar cost of a x3). My poor touch (64g) is already full of m4a and mp3s and since I am now only including FLACs in the library it has only 7 gigs free now. Change to a Classic is interesting, but if the e17 saves the touch, I can stay with a 60gb library with the current music I am listening more. Plus, I listen more at home, anyway - that is why the computer question. Feeling close to the best option I can have! yay!

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #259 of 418
So I can say the e17 + an iPod classic (for lossless stuff storage) worth, right? Should I also care to have an E09K? (I dunno it purpose, but looks like a very well rated combo - on amazon - and comparing, similar cost of a x3). My poor touch (64g) is already full of m4a and mp3s and since I am now only including FLACs in the library it has only 7 gigs free now. Change to a Classic is interesting, but if the e17 saves the touch, I can stay with a 60gb library with the current music I am listening more. Plus, I listen more at home, anyway - that is why the computer question. Feeling close to the best option I can have! yay!

That is a great combo the E09k has more than enough power. If it were me in this predicament I would do the Fiio E17/09 combo.

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #260 of 418
Anyone tried to pair the HE-500 to a Fiio E12?
I'm asking this because I find the amp section of my HP-P1 is definitively lacking power for my HE-500 and also my modded T50RP which I managed to make it quite hard to drive.
I'm not planning to use it for the HE-500, I've got my Schiit Lyr (and possibly in the future, the Modi) for that, but for my T50RPs since I use them exclusively for portable use.
If the E12 can drive the HE-500 with authority then it will be able to drive my T50RP with no problem and it will be a nice addition to replace the amp section of the HP-P1.

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #263 of 418
I've used etymotic er4s with the e12 and they work really well together. There's enough power to produce tight and punchy sound, although the soundstage is very limited, which too m is not an issue. I do like the sound being upfront and intimate but may be that's just me?

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #264 of 418
I picked up my E12 on Friday at the Headphone Shop on Yonge St in Toronto.I also got a great deal on used Beyerdynamic DT770/250 ohm.Thanks to Charles who runs the store.Well i'm enjoying both the headphones and amp quite a bit.Especially when they sound like they were made for each other.No problem with the E12 driving the DT770/250 ohm at all with plenty juice in reserve.Great clean sound.Sound stage is big enough for me.Bass is there and not requiring boost most of the time.Overall a powerful and balanced sound without harsh highs.The amp seems to have the presence of a DAC since it cleans up most sources as well as amplifying. Excellent performance considering the price.The only thing I wish it had was tone control.

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #265 of 418
  I picked up my E12 on Friday at the Headphone Shop on Yonge St in Toronto.I also got a great deal on used Beyerdynamic DT770/250 ohm.Thanks to Charles who runs the store.Well i'm enjoying both the headphones and amp quite a bit.Especially when they sound like they were made for each other.No problem with the E12 driving the DT770/250 ohm at all with plenty juice in reserve.Great clean sound.Sound stage is big enough for me.Bass is there and not requiring boost most of the time.Overall a powerful and balanced sound without harsh highs.The amp seems to have the presence of a DAC since it cleans up most sources as well as amplifying. Excellent performance considering the price.The only thing I wish it had was tone control.

Hey, I picked up my E12 from The Headphone Shop too!
The E12 will also easily drive 600 Ohm Beyers!
Do you ever use the Bass Boost switch?

Nov 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #266 of 418

Hey, I picked up my E12 from The Headphone Shop too!
The E12 will also easily drive 600 Ohm Beyers!
Do you ever use the Bass Boost switch?

Yes whenever I want the extra bass extension or feel it's needed.My  Sennheiser HD580 at 300 ohm are the most demanding and the E12 powers them easily.

Nov 12, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #267 of 418
I find the bass boost to be subtle, more of a sub-bass boost.  I listen to a very wide set of genres.  Whether I'm Listening to my TF10's or my HD600's I never turn off the bass boost.  When I do I find myself immediately missing it!

Nov 12, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #268 of 418
  I find the bass boost to be subtle, more of a sub-bass boost.  I listen to a very wide set of genres.  Whether I'm Listening to my TF10's or my HD600's I never turn off the bass boost.  When I do I find myself immediately missing it!

+1. I've crazy glued mine on 
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #269 of 418
  Yes whenever I want the extra bass extension or feel it's needed.My  Sennheiser HD580 at 300 ohm are the most demanding and the E12 powers them easily.

I often turn Bass Boost ON when I'm using my Q701s.
I never turn it ON with my 600 Ohm DT880s.

Nov 14, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #270 of 418

Interesting.  I occasionally flip mine on only to remind myself why I keep it off - and I have a V1 (for the most part anyway).  Anyone else find that different tips change how you use this function?  I do use it more often if I'm using wider bore tips on the H200; if I have the stock black I really never use bass boost with those IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back