FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 15, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #1,036 of 1,271
Quote:
nope....they work fine with every other source.....even with my Myriad amp....weird weird weird.....

That is indeed a head scratcher
confused_face_2.gif
  I wonder if there is anyone else out there with the same combo?

May 22, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #1,037 of 1,271
I need some help as well as some first hand experience on this matter.

I'm gonna be investing on a Fiio E11 very soon, but the problem is that I'm not 100% sure that they are compatible with iPods that have the Lightning (8pin) connector. I've done some research, and I believe if I get an 8pin to 30pin adapter with a Fiio L3 LOD Cable everything should work. I'll connect the 8pin to 30pin into my 7th Gen iPod Nano, then I'll connect the Fiio L3 cable into the 30pin, then the LOD into the Fiio E11 Amp, then my headphones into the amplifier. This should work right? If not, I need to know soon.

I need verification from you guys that this should work. I appreciate it guys.

May 22, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #1,038 of 1,271
Quote:
I need some help as well as some first hand experience on this matter.

I'm gonna be investing on a Fiio E11 very soon, but the problem is that I'm not 100% sure that they are compatible with iPods that have the Lightning (8pin) connector. I've done some research, and I believe if I get an 8pin to 30pin adapter with a Fiio L3 LOD Cable everything should work. I'll connect the 8pin to 30pin into my 7th Gen iPod Nano, then I'll connect the Fiio L3 cable into the 30pin, then the LOD into the Fiio E11 Amp, then my headphones into the amplifier. This should work right? If not, I need to know soon.

I need verification from you guys that this should work. I appreciate it guys.

Yes, and only a genuine Lightning-to-30pins adapter from Apple will work, but you are wasting your money on the adapter since there won't be any sonic improvement.

Read this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/635800/impression-apple-nano-7g-lightning-to-30pin-adapter

May 22, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #1,039 of 1,271
Quote:

Yes, and only a genuine Lightning-to-30pins adapter from Apple will work, but you are wasting your money on the adapter since there won't be any sonic improvement.

Read this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/635800/impression-apple-nano-7g-lightning-to-30pin-adapter

What do you exactly mean by "Sonic Improvement"? Do you mean that the Fiio E11's Amp doesn't work or doesn't work correctly? Just as long as it amplifies or does it's job, I don't think I'll mind. But then again, I don't know what you mean by sonic improvement.

May 22, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #1,040 of 1,271
Quote:

The only reason I'll be buying the adapter is so that I can connect the L3 LOD Cable, without an adapter, the 30 pin can't connect properly since the 7th Gen Nano uses a Lightning connector. Unless you know of a way that I don't need the adapter, then I'm all ears :)

May 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #1,041 of 1,271
Quote:
The only reason I'll be buying the adapter is so that I can connect the L3 LOD Cable, without an adapter, the 30 pin can't connect properly since the 7th Gen Nano uses a Lightning connector. Unless you know of a way that I don't need the adapter, then I'm all ears :)

Please read the review more carefully, especially the part about the Lightning adapter.

May 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #1,042 of 1,271
Quote:

Please read the review more carefully, especially the part about the Lightning adapter.

I read it, but maybe I'm not understand it completely. I was just under the assumption that without the adapter, the Fiio E11 won't work properly. To be honest, I have no idea what you're expecting me to realize by reading you're article. Cuz in my eyes, it doesn't exactly clarify my concerns. I thought double amping was a bad thing? I've never owned a portable amp so I'm not exactly sure how everything works. I need some direct answers, not article references. No offense :)

May 22, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #1,043 of 1,271
Quote:

Headphone out of the Nano, to the amp, with one of these....

May 22, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #1,045 of 1,271
Quote:

Is there a specific cable/brand that you'd recommend?

Not really. The FiiO ones work fine for me....I've never tried any of the high priced ones to see if there really is a difference or not.

May 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #1,047 of 1,271
Quote:
Alright, cool. And the Fiio E11 amp works just fine with just the cable?

Yes, I've used it with my Clip Zips that way many times.

May 22, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #1,049 of 1,271
Quote:
 I thought double amping was a bad thing?

It is only a bad thing if the headphone-out doesn't provide a clean (distortion-free) signal. It is a misconception that double amping is always bad because most assume line-out is the superior source of signal - normally this will be true if the player is designed to meet the audiophiles need and the line-out signal has not been tampered with. But most of the time, consumer electronics are just not designed that way. In fact, quite a few of the older generation of iPod doesn't have that clean of a signal on their line-out when compared to their headphone-out. I have seen measurement that shows that double amping is better yet people assume that line-out is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back