FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #1,023 of 1,271
Quote:
I find the fiio E6 to be on the slightly bright side of neutral. My guess is that the E11 is similar?

If so, I may be looking for a more neutral amp for use with a pair of grado's. Does the C&C fit the bill?

Some consider the E11s to be neutral, others consider it to be slightly(barely) warm or dark.

While I've never had a grados, I would assume these fit very well with them.

May 12, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #1,024 of 1,271
Quote:
I find the fiio E6 to be on the slightly bright side of neutral. My guess is that the E11 is similar?

If so, I may be looking for a more neutral amp for use with a pair of grado's. Does the C&C fit the bill?

E11 is just slightly on the dark side of neutral, unless you engage the bass boost. Max bass boost does definitely make it dark, but the first level is decent. C&C from what I hear is a bit on the bright side.
Quote:
Some consider the E11s to be neutral, others consider it to be slightly(barely) warm or dark.

While I've never had a grados, I would assume these fit very well with them.

E11 works very well with Grados. 

May 12, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #1,025 of 1,271
Thanks for your responses.

Interesting. Currently, I use the E6 and my sense is that it definitely brings out the treble a bit. The E6 actually does a great job of 'energizing' the midrange and bass as well, but I tend to notice the extra high frequency energy. 

The E6 is just a remarkable device. It's just about the most amazing audio purchase I've ever made, at just $30. I think it's because it so vastly exceeded my expectations. 

May 12, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #1,026 of 1,271

C&C BH is what you wanna go for.

May 14, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #1,027 of 1,271
got the fiio11 a couple of days ago....and I'm really disappointed!!!!
The static noise when turning on bass1 or 2 is so intense it become a pain in the @@@@ to listen to it on my shure530x8 .....

is that only a question of mini to mini quality or is it because It's crap?

Thanks for your thoughts

May 14, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #1,028 of 1,271
The static noise when turning on bass1 or 2 is so intense it become a pain in the @@@@ to listen to it on my shure530x8 .....

Thanks for your thoughts

I did not have that experience with my E11. A defect perhaps?

May 14, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #1,029 of 1,271
Quote:

Thanks for your thoughts

I have the Shure SE530 and have not had that problem using the E11 off multiple iPods and a Mac.  Agree with d MarcO you possibly have a bad E11.

May 14, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #1,030 of 1,271
Quote:
I have the Shure SE530 and have not had that problem using the E11 off multiple iPods and a Mac.  Agree with d MarcO you possibly have a bad E11.

I'd have to third that opinion.

I have a pair of Sony earbuds from a way back and one of the reasons I keep them is that they are so sensitive they pick up interference and hiss where no other phone will. It's the reason they sound so harsh, hyper critical. Anyhow I have never heard anything from the E11 with them.

May 15, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #1,031 of 1,271
when i keep it at 0 there is no problem....

as soon as i get to level 1 or 2 (at high or low impendence, no matter), the static noise is impressive....a bit like an old turntable....it "rustles" 

i'll contact Fiio then....

May 15, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #1,032 of 1,271
Quote:
when i keep it at 0 there is no problem....

as soon as i get to level 1 or 2 (at high or low impendence, no matter), the static noise is impressive....a bit like an old turntable....it "rustles" 

i'll contact Fiio then....

Unless you have some wildly ungrounded source issues, and even then it should show up all the way round not just on the 1 and 2 levels you must have defective product. They should swap that out for you.

May 15, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #1,033 of 1,271
i'm quite surprised.....i think my 530x8 are actually too sensible....because it works great with my Asg 1.2......

maybe i have to wait for my new mini to mini cable to have a second try...

at least i know my e11 isn't broken....

May 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #1,034 of 1,271
Quote:
i'm quite surprised.....i think my 530x8 are actually too sensible....because it works great with my Asg 1.2......

maybe i have to wait for my new mini to mini cable to have a second try...

at least i know my e11 isn't broken....

Hmm. That being the case I might think the 530 have a loose driver or housing. If you could get them on another amp somewhere (dealer perhaps) you might be able to verify that.

May 15, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #1,035 of 1,271
Quote:
Hmm. That being the case I might think the 530 have a loose driver or housing. If you could get them on another amp somewhere (dealer perhaps) you might be able to verify that.

nope....they work fine with every other source.....even with my Myriad amp....weird weird weird.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back